Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel gauge, temp gauge and tach...

Hey guys! I'm done rebuilding my 1997, 175hp XR2 Sport Jet! Took it out last weekend for the first time. Still doing the break-in so did not get to have too much fun yet.

Anyhow, that being said, I want to take better care of it now than the previous owner did and I need to install some new gauges...

What temp gauge can I get for this engine? My boat does not have one and I removed the TKS ECM... The horn is wired to the temp sender's switch circuit. I would just feel that much better if I could also watch the temperature. My temp sensor part number is 13536A2.

My boat also does not have a tach... ?? Can I just get any tach? (like the aftermarket ones used on cars? ) or is there a specific one?

My fuel gauge is toast... I know this is not engine specific but rather boat specific (1998 Doral Rebel ). Is there some sort of marine standard for fuel gauge senders? Is there a way I can match the sender to a new gauge? The sender "seems" to work. I traced all the wires and did an Ohm test... Even when I ground the sender wire, I hardly get any movement from the gauge...

Is there any other monitoring options I can install on this engine's wiring harness? I have a few plugs that are from the engine wiring harness that are not connected to anything... Wondering if I can use them.

thank you!
    Last edited by fierodough; 09-17-2014 at 12:50 PM.