Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aa Hayes View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but very interesting! What happened?
    Over the summer of 2015 I lost most all use of my right arm, surgery late in the year did me real well. Spring of 2016 my business took off again and to date I have not even pulled the winter cover off my boats. I look at them wishing but just have not done anything.

I have bought an electric fuel pump to install near the tank with expectations that may be the engines power limitation. Then I can get back to developing the hull. But for the time being I am stuck in the shop with more work than I can keep up with.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieN View Post
    Over the summer of 2015 I lost most all use of my right arm, surgery late in the year did me real well. Spring of 2016 my business took off again and to date I have not even pulled the winter cover off my boats. I look at them wishing but just have not done anything.

I have bought an electric fuel pump to install near the tank with expectations that may be the engines power limitation. Then I can get back to developing the hull. But for the time being I am stuck in the shop with more work than I can keep up with.
    I thank you kindly for the update, and I wish you all the best in all your adventures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear things are improving. I was thinking about this thread lately.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is clear I have not been here in years. My should issue seemed good right after surgery. Issue that persisted is if I try to pull on a wrench or bend over to lift anything the shoulder dislocates forwards. Turns out part of the surgery was removing 70% of my AC tendon. I did not place much thought to that but what remains was stretched out allowing instability. In late 2019 I thew in the towel on trying to be productive and trying to keep my business going. Since backing my workload down the shoulder only now is becoming stable. Still can not sit back or lay on my back cause the should will not allow that pressure, Oh well. So for me, my mid 60s arrived and I let SS start feeding the bank.
    Update on my boat.
    Early 2020 I uncovered this boat and launched it on my pond. I had never properly pickled it a half a decade ago. Turns out it was not hurt by that. Not that I can tell at least. I had only clipped on an EarthX jump pack. The Excel was kind of tight turning, I had pulled the plugs and sprayed some oil in each cyl. I fired it on a hose and then to the pond we went. It felt good to just motor about. The pond was low, not common for the spring so I did not have much room. It was nice though. I trailered it, vacuumed all the flotation foam bits the mice had spread about and put it away again. It was happy and sad but I look forward to what this year will offer for actually getting on the water. Time to make changes to the fuel system to see if fuel restriction is the engines limiter or what I am up against. I am also thing I want to make changes to the pad I had built and add a step providing more lift and a wider surface to balance on. I can not plan much of a work load since I have designed another airplane and am build that. Got to keep the mind active.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

5. Thanks Slimm thanked for this post
    Likes 89LASER, tnelsmn, kimswang liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8