Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time has come for some performance numbers..

I spent most of this afternoon in Frankfort with SSTom and his father getting some tips and lots of pats on the back for doing a good job on my old fishing boat. They are a couple of the most friendly and welcoming people I have met and thoroughly enjoyed the conversation as well as seeing all the beautiful boats and endless high performance parts nestled away so neat and organized!

We spent a short time running up the river playing with a new prop I got from H2OPERF and then changed the prop on my boat back to the 28p chopper so Tom could take a few passes and check my setup the way I have been running it.

First pass down the river my passenger seat got sucked right out of the boat around 72-73mph. I never thought that would happen at all. I haven't had them bolted or mounted down because I thought they were heavy enough to stay in, and because I move them from their position to the seat pedestals when I fish because my old boat doesn't have a lot of floor space and I didn't want to clutter up the floor with seats.

After Tom did a successful water rescue on my seat (shocking to us both, it floats even as heavy as it is!) he made a couple other passes. I think the best pass was a 75-76 at 6200 rpm. I know most you folks were doing that years ago but to me that is a big milestone, especially with a 1600+ lb bass boat that is going on 38 years old.

Tom and his father suggested I make a few minor changes/modifications and get some prop work done and he thinks the boat has some legitimate 80's in it. Now that I know what to expect from the boat at speeds greater than the low 60's I have been running it, I think I will start working myself into moving on up and get used to the low to mid 70's for now and maybe worry about 80's next year when I have more seat time.

I would like to thank everyone on here for the information I have gathered from all the reading and questions being answered. This was my very first build and I am very happy and proud that it came out so clean and tidy, as well as performing as well as it does. Thank you all, even if you didn't help me directly I can promise that somewhere among the thousands of posts I have read over the last 6 or 8 years I have lurked here and lived vicariously through all you adrenaline junkies that something rubbed off.

Now who wants to do some fishing?

Second pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZXLyZAKcc

Third pass:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko7DVu6it4w

Fourth pass:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_b99HSopQM

Slimm
    Last edited by Slimm; 09-15-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: checking links, fixing links
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it went well for you
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom and tom sr are good folks!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Thanks Slimm was a pleasure meeting ya and spending some time on the water. I know there is more in the rig we just need to try some more props. Hopefully the river will clear up before it gets too cold. Thanks Erik and Tim for the kind words.
    1998 SS 2000 94 260ss
    Speed cost how fast you want to go
    Allison and Merc is there anything else?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for more trips. I will get this 26p sent out somewhere and get it worked a little and see what happens with it.

Slimm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slimm I am on dale hollow ,I have several props you are welcome to try that I run on my Allison. Xb02 ,from 24 to 30 ,down south right now,hope to be back soon,Tim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmc6 View Post
    Slimm I am on dale hollow ,I have several props you are welcome to try that I run on my Allison. Xb02 ,from 24 to 30 ,down south right now,hope to be back soon,Tim
    Thank you Tim, that's very nice of you. I might just take you up on that sometime, or maybe we can catch some of the nice bass I have heard about from Dale Hollow.

Slimm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed the links aren't working, just text. Trying to figure out what I did or didn't do there...

Slimm