Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ken Olson SST120 #1010 ...RIP

I just learned that Kenny Olson of St. Pete, Fl. passed away back in March of this year. Ken was always the life of the party where ever he went. He owned Olson Realty, a power house real estate company. He sponsored the Olson Classic power boat races out of Stowaway Cove Marina. Ken was a Hall of Champions Inductee in 1981 & 1983 for OPC. Ken ran SST120 #1010 and Mod 50 #10

OLSON, Kenneth M. Jr. Happy days we remember with Ken Olson - Ken Olson was the owner and founder of the largest real estate firm on Florida's West Coast during the 1970's. Ken passed away on March 15, 2014, at the age of 69. He attended Admiral Faragut Academy and Boca Ciega High School. Ken had a dynamic personality and his salesmanship effected many of his associates. Ken's success helped put St. Petersburg and the gulf beaches on the national real estate map. He also built the Tree Top Restaurant on Treasure Island, and was a boat racer who set several outboard speed records. His daughter, Yvette Olson, pass-ed away on Nov. 15, 2002, at the age of 36. RIP-Old Friends
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ken Olson Mod 50.jpg  
    Last edited by Bob V; 08-28-2014 at 08:06 PM.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, I asked Parker about him, and he told me the story. He ran in Jax at our backyard races. once trailed him down I-95 out of SC. in his black Seville towing the orange tunnel, he went by "St Pete Swede" on the CB radio, running 80+ mph in the 70's down a 2 lane north of Savannah. cool dude. RIP. fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    lots of great memories as a kid watching him run the 1010 boat, i have the olson classic on dvd , i had a local place take it off of betamax and convert it.....he was good friends with reggie also...reggie used to stay with us in the late 70's when there was a local race . my dad would alaways have a big party and kenny and reggie were the last ones there ... watching boat racing and telling lies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I thought Ken had passed away a long time ago. I thought some one told me cancer got him Really sorry to here this. Ken was truly one of the good guys. I watched him and Noah battle back and fourth at the JOC races for many years. I don't remember the 10 boat unless that's the one he renumbered 1001. I think was the number. Billy Joel ended up with that boat if I remember correctly. I have a video he sent dad of an old azeala festivle race down in Palatka he was running in running against ol gator {Jim Hunt} and Jim had put it on him running an old tunnel with a Big ol Johnson on it. Great memories. Condolences to his family.
    Mitch and Tony Atwell
    Mitch:
    '73 Glastron Crestflite V- 182/ 150 Black- Max
    '92 Mirage Ski Racer/ Merc 2.5
    '73 Allison/ 90 Johnson VRO (Work In Progress)
    Tony:
    '86 Wellcraft Elan/ 205 Mercruiser I/O
    '88 Allison XR- 2002/ 2.4 Bridgeport
    '99 Alumacraft/4 Stroke Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken Olson Dave stroller Jack Withrow in the whole Saint Pete crowd really made the Caribbean club Races in Key Largo. RIP to the departed God save the living. All official ABBA members. Just saw a thread by Aqua music Glad to keep in contact Amber Jack 1234