Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running mine 1.5 " above the pad , 7" setback, merc ET 28 or 32 p with 1,75 gears and sporty. The things that will make my boat hop too much are : motor too low, or not enough trim. I know its kinda spooky to trim up when your boat is hopping at 90 or 100 mph, but that what mine wants, then it takes a nice set. If I was to trim up too far, then the prop would loose bite and the boat would set back down. All STV's will have some hop between 70 and 90 mph. If you are trimmed too low , then it will be more violent. Trimmed just right will have minimal hop through this zone. When out boating, I get the trim set for running over 100 mph, then just leave it. Set it and forget it, until you have to pull up to a beach.

Switching to and from transom wedges and rebuilding my transom bracket changed my height, and I had to make adjustments to keep the height at 1.5".
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious what setback you run with euro/300x? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Euro has a 225 Sport XS and its a 3.0L 505 lb. motor mounted on a 5.5 " Bobs manual jack. I talked to Jack at Full Throttle a while back and he said most with the heavy 3.0 L + engines are running best with 8-10". I purchased a new set of 8" engine side plates from Bobs and will be increasing the set back in the spring. He also said most are having the best luck with Yamaha 4 blades although my best props are 3 & 4 blade Mercury cleavers. You may try calling Jack and discussing your specific set up, he is a great source. I am running a Sportmater LU with 1.62 gears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2