Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venom jack plate 20inch mid, Help.

I have a Hydrostream venom with a 20 inch 300x and i'm having trouble getting the the prop shaft any higher than even with the pad on a 5.5 inch jacker plus a 3 inch bracket.
    I have plans to do the mid cut but not for a while so i don't really want to invest in a hydraulic jacker. Would like to keep it just 6 inches of set back total, and can be an adjustable plate or just a setback bracket.
    As long as i can get the prop shaft up where i need it. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
    1985 Bullet 22' 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you need a bit more lift, and the simple thing to do is make your own plate that just 2 inch thick, place this on the engine
    and bolt it up to the engine.
    this need to be about 4 inches taller than a normal jackplate.
    Now put the plate with engine attached to the jackplate that's attached to the boat.
    before drilling just make sure the jackplate is about halfway in its settings and attach your new plate that fixed to the engine to this.
    have this raised to the position you want then drill the holes to suit the jackplate.

if you have a 4 inch setback on the normal jack-plate you will end up with just 6 inches of setback in total.
    hope im explaining myself ok
    by making the plate 2 inches thick allows for the bolts to be counter sunk between engine plate and jackplate !!!

just like having tall spacers really

phill