Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been slacking off I think he's got 8 hours on it
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates ..............

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He ran it up to 5500. I believe once it hit 5000 he said it woke up and started climbing
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    you should see the next engine that is going together I am going to "ungreen" a 225 optimax!
    I had a guy build me a "Ungreened" as you say 225 Opti, one of the best running, longest lasting motors I have had, ported like a drag, really curious to see what you do with the one you're building.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here waiting to here updates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribed !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm waiting for updates myself! i know he has been busy with charters right now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 1/2 hrs on it. It's pathetic I know. I can't wait to really get more time on it and have Charlie adjust the fuel. It is still running on extra oil and richened up fuel. Last time out had 4 people and half tank of fuel with my 32 pro et, over 5000 rpm it pulled up to 6k very fast into mid 90's with more to go.
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more hours on it yet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, captn steve has been busy with charter season. on a brighter note project optix(opti block converted to 300x specs) is done, its going on a friends 21 skater(and breakin and full power runs will happen alot faster on this one). went to put the midsection back together yesterday and there is all sorts of play in the swivel housing, had to take it all back apart. the customer just paid last year to have the swivel fixed by the man in palm city, and apparently, he bushed the bottom and never replaced the bearing in the top(this one is shortened to 15" and cut down), so needless to say it tore up the bottom bushing. it only lasted aprox 20 hours. going to bore the bushing that was installed to accept the factory mercury plastic bearing, and install a new one on top(that should've been done in the first place) which would've avoided all this.you think for what he charged he could've spent an extra 10$ and replaced the torn up original upper bushing, and we never knew it as we got it back all assembled.
    Last edited by mrcrsr; 02-15-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie had my trick at the Swanee. I'm sure he will give you guys some updates on it soon. I'm still so busy haven't had time to use it but I'll be at river ranch with it.
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ran the trick at the suwanee run, its broken in now, finally! its pretty amazing how quick it is, punches thru the hop in milliseconds. only ran the 30 p pro et on it, actually hit the limiter twice at 100 mph, and gets there quickly as well. we have the 32 but i didn't run it. the ecm on this engine is weird, it actually shuts off when it hits the limiter at 6850. the second time it did it i shut the ignition off and kicked it back on while on plane still, at least the boat doesn't do anything stupid when it loses power

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    subscribed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also ran the optimax/300x patterned engine this weekend, got 6 hours on it, it's on a fairly heavy 21 skater, have the engine rich rite now, and it goes through the hop faster than the 300x that was on the boat. Should have that engine fully broken in this weekend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the updates any pics on ya ungreen opti?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast