Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modified 250 efi for the 21 trick

here's a couple of pics of a build i just did, engine started life as a garden variety 250 efi. a lil quick history on this engine, built it and modified a few years ago, after it was running for a while we swapped out to a milled set of heads, anyway, the guy who milled them and cut the o ring grooves screwed up, there was an .008 variance side/side in the depth of the grooves and the engine got water in it. this engine is going on a 21' trick. it originally pushed the trick to 100 on the limiter using 1.75 gears and a 30 p pro et. we were looking to modify the exhaust chest, the production 3 litres have bumps in the chest like a production 2.5 that obstruct exhaust flow, whereas the 300x block doesn't have them. the only answer has been to cut the back covers off, grind the bumps out and weld both covers back on. this is a recipe for water leaks and engine damage. with the heat cycles and vibration welding is not a good long term way to do this. we came up with a way to do it without hacking the cover off. here's what it looks like stock
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's the exhaust chest after being machined out. the exits out of the cylinders all look pretty decent and really don't require any work.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on a side note concerning 3 litres and poppet valve diverters, all that water now gets pumped out of the mid, which isn't a bad thing but what is now cooling the gearcase??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a pic of the engine built and ready to go on the boat, notice the flywheel. we took 3.5 lbs out of that. we also make our own 1" spacer plates.we are not running oil injection on this engine and the ports are blanked off by the spacer plate. we ran the boat yesterday and put 3 hours on it. everything pictured here we provide as a service, pm me for pricing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a great day of breakin yesterday. As always when Charlie builds my motors we mount it on the boat it fired right up.
    I always love telling people I'm running a fishing motor on the boat. Can't wait to get it broken in all the way to see what a difference the new modifications made
    Last edited by captainsteve; 06-23-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pipe you have installed dose that mate up to the brass barb on the outside and do you use the standard poppet valve? and where are you pluming the water from?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job Charlie, and great idea on the water dump tube......

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uses the stock poppet valve. Welded the dump port on the bottom closed, drilled and tapped it and the tube runs to that. The hose barb intersects that passage and dumps excess water.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    Uses the stock poppet valve. Welded the dump port on the bottom closed, drilled and tapped it and the tube runs to that. The hose barb intersects that passage and dumps excess water.

Charlie version of the 3L dry exhaust............. Love it....

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes the 3 litre even louder another added bonus! Not to mention increased power and a cooler running gearcase

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Subscribed !
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my boat has run that setup for awhile, i've updated it a couple of times as i've learned what stuff works better. my gearcase never loses any oil and oil always comes out unburned, but initially i did it looking for more power and to try and save some water pressure. it'll be interesting to see how steve's boat runs with the fresh engine with additional mods. his boat is easily 3-400 lbs lighter then my skater.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too........Subscribed, next time I have to pull the P/Head I'm going to make the change as well, it makes perfect sense to to it. Good job Charlie and thanks for share'n.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hang on a second.... Fishing motors cannot go fast
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)