Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry idiots

does everybody who posts items for sale on the various boards have this problem, someone emails ya , say they want to buy an item, couple mails exchanged, then u never hear from the stupid son of a bitch again, just venting i guess,
    garybvd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

selling

Yes I've run back and forth many times measuring, looking for numbers, and making photos. I think it's a pass time for some folks. Others look for a cheaper price. The satisfaction is when you see the same person hunting the same part about 5 weeks later. Always remember boats are for having fun ,not to pi$$ you off. Later Bob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a thousand people tell me they are coming to look at a car I got for sale....and none shows. I hate that, but a couple times I had a better deal come up, or the money had to go elsewhere unexpectedly.
    "As government expands, liberty contracts." -Ronald Reagan
    Liberty = boating

Chicago Occupation:Marine Mech/Tunnel Boat Racer Interests:Faster Lap Times
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

used to happen to me

Pretty much anymore, you get one correspondence. This is what it is, how much it costs. You want it, send $ to this address. No, I won't send you a million pictures, yes that's YOUR price. No, I can't do any better. I don't care that BOB will do it cheaper, then go there. But when you bring BOB'S mess to me to fix, it will be double. I don't waste much time anymore with tire kickers. You pretty much learn how to read people. Takes a while though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tire kickers u usually can pick them out when they e mail after u left them your phone number on your ad i mean if i am gonna buy something i will call the person himself.and pictures dont mean nothing every thing in a picture looks perfect

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get alot of tire kickers off the net. Alot of them I think are dreaming. Those little sport c boats are expensive, but, I think people have you do all the photos and measuring just for their entertainment. I hate to put in all my ads serious inquries only but, I have to do that on some other boards, or I get a quite a few lengthy emails and no buyers.

The best way to do it is tell your customer you want to talk to them on the phone. You won't call them, so they need to call you. That way, if their too cheap to call you they probably don't have the money to pay for it.
    Brian
    Brian Tabara
    Tabara Racing
    Brian@TabaraRacing.com
    (612) 424-1201

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YUP

Its part of the buisness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boat Shows

Theres tire kicker heaven. To compare an inferior product to yours for price get real. I sell 4Winns not the best but a real decent production runabout to a bayliner not. Gordie I wish I had the ability to read people. I deal cost line once we sit down. My famous answer to how much under 100K sit down and the numbers change. Just a little venting. I always except sh$t happens and the ability to purchase can disappear. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just sold my boat and may have bought another one today. i had a lot of tire kickers and i kick a lot of tires. the beauty of the internet is tha fast rate at which a lot of info can be sent. hell you can send pics of your stuff to a 100 tire kickers a day with a click of a button. let them kick tires. i treat them all the same because they may come back to my item after they've kicked all the others.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ?????

Four Winns better than a Bayliner ???????

They are both ....... " #@$*! "

I better just be quietttt .......

Got Junk ???????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tire kickers

The reason people kick tires is because they have seen alot of stuff in exc cond that i wouldnt give a dime for. Get burned once and i dont blame them for wanting pics or asking alot of questions. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BRB, I think the post was complaining towards people who have no initial interest in it, other than their curiosity of what someone else has. They really aren't in the market, just wanting to know more about what the person has. It's the beuty thing of the net, you can find out alot of info by just asking for it, rather than a phone call. Makes things easier for both parties.
    I understand their frustrations, I dealt with a couple people who wanted to get into racing, helped them all the way through until it came to writing the check. They never wrote the check, wasted my time, which is my money. So I wasn't too happy about that, but I'll gladly give my time to help another get into boat racing. Gordie does the same thing I do on a much larger scale with the 45 guys, he's helped alot of people along from what I hear, and seen.
    Brian
    Brian Tabara
    Tabara Racing
    Brian@TabaraRacing.com
    (612) 424-1201

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking tire kickers

i sell cars for a living and also do stock trading , i guess i get stroked all day long by people and this computer stuff is pretty new to me so i should be used to getting stroked, but some will email a person 10 times, and practically beg you to sell your item to them, u get it ready to ship it and u never hear from them again or u get some lame ass excuse like the wife needs bigger tits or something so the money has to go for that instead, why cant people just say YES or NO without all the bull**** attached ( ya, I know, car salesman are crooks) thanks u guys for letting me pis & moan, Daytrader, junk car salesman, stock trader, goin broke fast!!!! 84 vector, 2.4 merc, single cable steering
    garybvd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool to delawarerick

isnt it fun selling big ticket items to the general public!!!!!!!!!!! take care, Daytrader
    garybvd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuts both ways though; a big ticket item being a lot of money....are the ones with the most people trying to screw you too. Take a car; and you have the dealers trying to screw you and will charge you $2000 more if they can. I go to Target and buy anything, and the odds are I'll never find it for over a couple percent cheaper anywhere else. Why do we have to take the chance of bending over on the things that cost the most? Ya wonder why people hate dealers?? There are the good ones, but not that many. I think it turns people off and puts them on guard whenever they try to buy big, instead of smiling like when they trot out of Walleyworld with a new blender. I try to support the good guys(girls) whenever I can.
    "As government expands, liberty contracts." -Ronald Reagan
    Liberty = boating