Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking For: My Dad's Old Cougar Ski Machine (Ontario, Canada)

So I will make this long story that's filled with sentimentality as short as I can. When I was growing up my Dad ordered custom a beautiful Cougar Ski Machine. I believe at the time they were being built in British Columbia and since they were struggling financially they would let you order a boat pretty much anyway you wanted it. So I grew up with this boat until 1999 (or so) when we fell upon some hard financial times and my Dad sold it, I would have been 12 or 13 at the time.

About four years ago I did a random google search to show a friend what the boat would have looked like one night while puttering around up at the lake in our 15ft Sunray. To my surprise there was a picture of the exact boat which was linked to a for sale ad on THIS website...but the ad was about 7 years earlier in 2003. So I began my search by calling the number on the ad. This led to a gentleman named Dan Weeden who had a place at Cougar during the 90's I believe. He was selling the boat to a friend back in 2003 and was very helpful in getting me a few steps closer to finding the boat, he mentioned it may have been on Paudash lake in Ontario (there are two I know). Anyways this is where I hit a wall.

I would very much like to see this boat again and start a conversation with the owner that may one day lead to me buying it back, well that's my dream at least. Seeing the old boat again would be awesome even if it was a wreck, heck maybe if it's a wreck it becomes my next project. So how does someone go about finding a boat in Ontario. I have the boats hull serial numbers, registration numbers all that stuff. Any help on here or through private message would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

We were and still are on Catchacoma Lake in the Kawartha Region of Ontario

Of course pictures for reference...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool story!...I hope you find your dads old boat...I ran into almost the exact same thing when trying to find my uncles old stoker...I finally found it (the current owner is on this site)...I wasn't able to strike a deal with him to buy the boat but it was a neat treasure hunt and good to find out that the boat wasn't rotting away somewhere...Good luck!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snookered again! The treasure hunt continues. I had a few friends on the local police force look into the boat as I have the registration and serial numbers but they came up short. Gave the marinas a call on the lake I believe it to have gone after being sold in 2003 but came up with nothing. It may or may not be on a lake in Ontario called Paudash Lake, anyone from there could chime in if they've seen the boat on there. The old listing is still archived on google, just type in Cougar Ski Machine and you should see the listing on Scream and Fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would make a suggestion that you post this on hpbc.ca and fastboats canada. There are guys from the apsley area on those sites that might know where the boat is..... who knows one of the guys may have it...
    Jason
    18 Talon SOLD
    XR 2002 SOLD
    2011 STV RR 300pm SOld
    24 Skater 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jason, I have posted this on HPBC also. I registered for an account on Fast Boats Canada but haven't been granted access yet, been about two weeks. Maybe they shut down the site?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a couple of months since my last post so hopefully there's someone out there that has seen this boat! I didn't get anywhere with Service Canada or the police connections I have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted a link to this thread on Fast Boats.. I hope someone on there can find it for you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found my Vegas after 27 years. good luck with your hunt
    21 Cougar Mtr
    21 Superboat
    Hydrostream Venus
    Hydrostream Vegas
    22 Apache Scout

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! 2014 was a long time ago but wonder if you'd still like to have a 18' Cougar Ski Machine....
    No its not your dads old boat I'm sure, but it is a VERY NICE ONE!
    1989 Red with 4 shades of gray graphics, 2004 Merc 225 Optimax, orig trailer, survivor/time capsule.
    Skip 509-393-4888