Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the pulsar out Friday ,,,nice love it !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    The Starflite is built with a fully end-grained balsa cored deck and hull. It measures 21'2" in length, has an 89" beam, weighs about 1300lbs, holds 30 gallons of gas and carries an 18 degree deadrise hull with stepped chines, stepped lifting strakes and a notch in the transom. There's also very usable space under the deck that is big enough for two adults to crawl into! I'll know more about the ride as soon as I get my Starflite on the water!
    If that is the Starflite that has completely been rebuilt that you bought about 6 months ago or so, if you decide to sell it please PM me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja170 View Post
    If that is the Starflite that has completely been rebuilt that you bought about 6 months ago or so, if you decide to sell it please PM me.
    I sold that boat a while back to a guy on the west coast of Florida. He sold the boat to a guy who dragged it to Texas....
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I missed it by not much. Are you the one who rebuilt it? If the Texas guy ever wants to sell it please let me know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fastest Checkmate 21' Starflite ever may have been back in '87.
    In a failed attempt to set a new world record on tandem water skis, I rigged an '87 Starflite with a Mercury racing 3.4L Merc big-block V6. (No, I was NOT the skier).
    Sponsorship was by the Woodduck Grill and Bar in Ocean City, MD, and The Bayside Boatel, also in Ocean City (where I was the service manager).
    We used an 11" setback hydraulic jackplate, above AV plate exhaust, and eventually ended up with a 15.25x32P over-hub chopper prop.
    The motor was donated by Mercury, and then after it immediately blew the powerhead in testing, it was rebuilt and balanced and blueprinted locally by a machine shop outside of Fenwick Island (which shop's name I cannot remember). After the rebuild, we were getting about 338-340 hp at the prop-shaft on a hydro-dyno.
    The black and red hull was purpose built for this attempt, having only the one seat, and the hull was hand-blueprinted by Checkmate in Bucyrus, OH before shipping it to us, and the weight edned up being just over 1100 lbs as I recall. Initial planning called for a hull weight of 875-900 lbs.
    In testing, the top speed we achieved in Assawoman Bay and Chincoteague Bay touched 104 mph repeatedly, which was far less than the anticipated 118-120 mph we had expected out of the setup. As the then Guinness speed record on tandem water skis was 103 mph, we had calculated a need for 118 mph hull speed in order to achieve a new record of 110 mph.
    After the female skier took a bad fall in practice at about 70 mph in a slingshot turn, the attempt was abandoned, and the boat returned to Checkmate. Interesting note: The yellow hull limitations decal affixed to the hull by Checkmate gave a Max HP rating of 400 hp.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know were to find a good 200 HP outboard? I burned mine up over 4th of July weekend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its is so comical to read these posts. People who don't do any R&D and have no clue on what they are really doing. Wildman is the best of the best when it comes to making go fast. Setback on a Ck mate can be 14 inches with hydraulic jack plate. Prop shaft can be up to 2 inches above the pad. Most of you. No all of you would not be able to drive the boat at above 80. It gets pretty hairy. All rec boaters would freak out when they start chine walking and wind walking. Plus it can blow out. Not fun at all. So keep posting stuff you know nothing about. That is how Millennials roll. If you do know what you are doing put it on you tube that way we can all admire and enjoy. If not STFU... False information is worse than no information. Please stop if you don't know.
    Joshaua A. Dolfi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s funny is you responding to a thread that is over three years old and off topic.
    08 Checkmate 2100br 250xs

9. Likes SCT liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us tell storys ..... that some of the new ones don't believe........Neat story Fr.Frank........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get on here as often as i like... LOL
    Joshaua A. Dolfi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2