Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for older gelcoat boats in So FL to try compound formulas. Free!

That 'Free!' part made you look, right?

I'm formulating some compounds, right now I have an aggressive cut which will work on extremely bad oxidation, and a more delicate cut. I'm in the process of coming up with a lighter clean/color cut, almost no abrasion, and a final protecting wax, but they're in the labs right now.

If you have a gelcoat boat which is dull, PM me, I'll come to you from Stuart to Miami, and get you started, will help you with advice on machines, pads, RPM choices, etc. Free- enough to do your boat.

I did my Apache and my Hydrostream half at a time, see the pix. Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0499.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	394.9 KB 
ID:	296811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0503.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	375.3 KB 
ID:	296812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0493.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	296813

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a pro line that I wet sanded 800, 1000, 1200, light compound, finess, then colinite wax. she has a shine but I just cant get the luster or deep shine we all look for. Buffing boats for over 30 years and tried a lot of stuff over the years and this is my first Fl. sun drenched boat. Im located in Lauderdale next to 15th st ramp. Im always up for new and improved .So I tried what my supplier suggested. I waxed it with u v protectant just a month ago so it will be easy to see what Im talking about.
    THE BEST PART OF LIFE IS SPENT ON THE WATER

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yachter55 View Post
    I got a pro line that I wet sanded 800, 1000, 1200, light compound, finess, then colinite wax. she has a shine but I just cant get the luster or deep shine we all look for. Buffing boats for over 30 years and tried a lot of stuff over the years and this is my first Fl. sun drenched boat. Im located in Lauderdale next to 15th st ramp. Im always up for new and improved .So I tried what my supplier suggested. I waxed it with u v protectant just a month ago so it will be easy to see what Im talking about.
    If you want to try some, PM me your number and I'll run some by next time I'm down there. I can say that my Apache in the pix above was horrible when I picked it up- like almost where you'd ask if it was non-skid. I used some medium/coarse and then my fine and now we just put wax on it, and its gleaming. Which Collinite did you use? Insulator wax usually works out well, but what you did in prep makes all the difference. I'd say you did alot, not sure my stuff will work any better, but if you caught me prior to using what you did, I could have probably helped and its free. Phil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always used insulator as my go to wax. Like I said I will try anything once.I have found that insulator wax plays havic with other waxs. seams it makes a film on my buffing pads,and leaves build up blotches that have to be removed by hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 22 velocity and we like to see how this product works. I live in PSL. Let me know when you would like to meet. Shane 561-307-1227

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 23' CAT could use some help...in melbourne

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard from you. Hope everything is going well. Im looking for someone to wax my boat while im out of town. When I find him lol Im still willing to let him use your new products so we can update everyone here on your product results. Looking foward to hearing from you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Wewahitchka fl ,, would love to try your product on my bass boat 850-628-2069