Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I got them. I see your point and would want it fixed too. JMHO, but if the motor is mounted off center, that's a major FU. I dont know Errol personally, but have talked to him on the phone, and he seems very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about his product. I sincerely hope they fix these issues for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope! Errol ignored all directions, cut corners, and used parts from his junk box instead of what he promised. He did nothing to help that I forgot to mention. If you want photos, send me your email and I'll forward a set over!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F4n4evr View Post
    Photos were sent to all requesting. Todd, nice try at making excuses for Errol. Your comments are exactly why I bought a cat, unfortunately, all your comments are past tense. And, as you are well aware, Errol does not personally do any work on his boats. He only oversees -or not- the former production. If you had ever been to his shop, you would know he does not only have one hull design, as he had one mold in his shop and the other mold at the glass plant. If you match the hull of your past fast cats to his current design, you would notice a number of differences.

I have been to Errols shop many times! I would bet to say way more than you since at one point I was stopping by once a week. I have also been to the new shop a hand full of times to look at a new boat being built for another friend and drop off a boat for Errol to rig.

There is only one hull design. There is a new updated mold that has 3 small areas that have been rounded for esthetic reasons.... As far as your claim to having half sized steps and no air channels you obviously didn't take a good look at any of the other boats... they are the same as yours. The 2 steps are made up of 1" raised areas in the running surface. The "air channels" are there. If you take a straight line to the bottom of the boat and connect the points you will notice the running surface angle has been changed after each 1" raise area that creates the step. This is standard design for many boats like the British made Cougars and boats like Adams European built Argo.

As far as the motor being mounted off center my guess is that you are measuring from the inside of the bustle to the jack plate or motor clamp bracket. You need to measure off the inside of the tunnel by the drain plug (the running surface) to the center of the motor. The cut in between the bustles are not in the center of the boat. I think it's off by a 1/4".

I don't like coming on here and see people bashing other people. I personally know Errol and can say that he has gone above and beyond to do some extra stuff for me! Errol works very hard and it shows by the many pleased people that refer him to build more boats for their friends. I just had a friend that picked his new boat up about a month ago. I looked at the newest boat currently being built out of the same mold as I personally saw your boat come out of! My guess is that your boat is the second seafoam green boat that was built. After you saw my friend Paul's boat being built and liked the same color. There are also a couple more customers that have put down deposits to be in line to have boats built....

I would like to see the pics your talking about. onlinepropshop@yahoo.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really sad that someone had to put you up to this. You obviously haven't talked with Errol because as Errol told me, my hull is the third design. The ruler doesn't lie! Your hull design analysis and history is irrelevant, I'm only talking about my hull, no one elses. I am also not complaining about the hull design at all. I am saying that Errol promised me one design and delivered another. As with most of the items on my hull. One thing promised, another delivered, and even more items delivered never installed, but still in boxes. And other damaged, old, used, and broken parts that were identified before install, and installed anyway! Specific parts that can not be combined without modification, forced together incompatible (steering and trim)

The sponson extensions are exactly equal, left and right. If they were different, that would be yet another huge lack of attention to detail. You can make all the excuses you want, you are not Errol. But since you work for Errol, you can get the photos from him! He has them all. He has never responded to any of my dozens of calls, dozens of emails or letters. He has my phone numbers, but won't call. So anyone who orders from Errol in his hobby shop, Don't front the money! And remember, clear written orders, constant oversight, and detailed follow up (quality control). If you can't move in with Errol and supervise his worker, day to day, on your ordered hull, you takes your chances! As a small point, I ordered a 24" ski prop, and a speed prop. I received a 28" and a 31"! Ironically, the same dimensions and appearances as two props he had sitting on the shelf collecting dust. The boat would need another 100hp to turn the 31"! I'm still waiting for Errol to send me the ordered 24"! Also, still waiting on the seats I ordered! And a last point, Errol doesn't rig his boats! My boat was rigged by Troy and Errol's day worker. Troys work was exactly to order and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D View Post
    I have been to Errols shop many times! I would bet to say way more than you since at one point I was stopping by once a week. I have also been to the new shop a hand full of times to look at a new boat being built for another friend and drop off a boat for Errol to rig.

There is only one hull design. There is a new updated mold that has 3 small areas that have been rounded for esthetic reasons.... As far as your claim to having half sized steps and no air channels you obviously didn't take a good look at any of the other boats... they are the same as yours. The 2 steps are made up of 1" raised areas in the running surface. The "air channels" are there. If you take a straight line to the bottom of the boat and connect the points you will notice the running surface angle has been changed after each 1" raise area that creates the step. This is standard design for many boats like the British made Cougars and boats like Adams European built Argo.

As far as the motor being mounted off center my guess is that you are measuring from the inside of the bustle to the jack plate or motor clamp bracket. You need to measure off the inside of the tunnel by the drain plug (the running surface) to the center of the motor. The cut in between the bustles are not in the center of the boat. I think it's off by a 1/4".

I don't like coming on here and see people bashing other people. I personally know Errol and can say that he has gone above and beyond to do some extra stuff for me! Errol works very hard and it shows by the many pleased people that refer him to build more boats for their friends. I just had a friend that picked his new boat up about a month ago. I looked at the newest boat currently being built out of the same mold as I personally saw your boat come out of! My guess is that your boat is the second seafoam green boat that was built. After you saw my friend Paul's boat being built and liked the same color. There are also a couple more customers that have put down deposits to be in line to have boats built....

I would like to see the pics your talking about. onlinepropshop@yahoo.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't work for Errol. And as far as you not wanting to send me the pics proves my point! Now I can see your point about the prop if you ordered one and got another. What did you order a 24 Bravo 1? If that 28 you received is a 28 it would be pretty easy to sell or trade for a 24 over on fastbass or BBC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photos will be sent as requested. My 28" works perfectly with an empty boat and less than 10 gallons of gas. It does have "27" half stamped on the tube, so if it is a 27", it's a reworked prop... It's the 31" that's useless. And no one will want to swap a 31" bravo 1 for a 24" bravo 1.
    Since you are making excuses for Errol, go see him after I send you the pics. Compare them to the ones on his computer. With a "one off" hobby boat, as all of the Laniers are, there will always be little imperfections, but not lots of them, and failure to provide what was paid for is inexcusable!
    Clear written instruction, constant oversight, and detailed follow up (quality control) make a good boat. Backing it into a gate latch because one is too lazy to wear his glasses, then Errol trying to blame it on Troy, will never fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D View Post
    I don't work for Errol. And as far as you not wanting to send me the pics proves my point! Now I can see your point about the prop if you ordered one and got another. What did you order a 24 Bravo 1? If that 28 you received is a 28 it would be pretty easy to sell or trade for a 24 over on fastbass or BBC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was interested in a new LCB and have been waiting for replies on pricing. I went to Sebring shop 2 weeks ago while in Florida for business and no one available to show me anything or even a production boat. I have talked to Errol in the past and know him from back in offshore racing and he is a quality individual but it is funny that I can't get any answer or reply from him or Troy and no one at shop when I went. I hope this is just a miscommunication or ? Interested in LCB but cautious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send me a pm and I'll tell ya what to watch for after you move in with LCB to assure you get a quality boat. Don't front the money! Errol talked me into fronting the money, and it took 10 months plus to get the boat, instead of the promised 5 weeks. I ordered and put a deposit down on a 32.5k hull. Went to pick it up and it had changed to 36.5k. All the options pricing stayed the same, but ultimately, I came up about $3.5k short on paid and promised but not delivered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to get hold of Errol to no avail after Brents recommendation to try once again to get Errol to honor his warranty and work things out. Calls, e-mails, registered, and certified mail! All with no response. He's into me for over $3000.00 for items purchased but not delivered, and a deck repair is upwards of $7000.00. Ya pays your money and takes your chances! Anyone else want to see photos of no oversight or follow through?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F4n4evr View Post
    Been trying to get hold of Errol to no avail after Brents recommendation to try once again to get Errol to honor his warranty and work things out. Calls, e-mails, registered, and certified mail! All with no response. He's into me for over $3000.00 for items purchased but not delivered, and a deck repair is upwards of $7000.00. Ya pays your money and takes your chances! Anyone else want to see photos of no oversight or follow through?
    Any progress? Where is your boat? I'd like to see it.

I know Errol has built a bunch of phenomenal boats. It's ashame if the quality is slipping. I would really like an LCB but I'm wondering how your situation will turn out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This makes me feel trepidation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow !! can"t belief this happened to you !!. I do own a 2007 fast cat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please send me pic's i was thing about getting one. but now you have me worried. jrbritt@aol.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing to be worried about. There have been half a dozen boats built recently to local guys that are totally happy! If you want to contact them I'll get you in touch with them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple are Bass Boat Central and Fastbass members.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast