Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydrostream vking yt

Hey guys its bin a while since ive bin on here but i had just got a hydrostream vking yt and i was just setting it up. I recored it all. Now im trying to set it up i have a 150 johnson 60degree motor with 6 inches of set back and a 27 srx and with that i only got 68mph out of the boat at 5800 rpm and the bullet about and inch below the pad. I feel the srx isn't the right prop i was wondering what any of you guyshad experienced with this boat or what my next step should I'm going to try a 26 chopper next that my friend suggested to try but I'm not sure if i should add some set back or were really i should i start any help would be great. Thnks guys
    76 hydrostream viper recored 90 omc
    76 ceebee avenger gone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buddy Of Mine Ran One With The Older 200 G.T. On It. He Worked With John Mazar @ Mazsco Prop's For His Best All Around Performance. If Memory Serves Me Correctly, He Ran 28's And 29's. Try A 27 RE-3 If You Can Find One! The 27's Were Much Faster Than Even A Very Good Worked 26. Hope That Helps Some...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think the srx is faster than a chopper
    76 hydrostream viper recored 90 omc
    76 ceebee avenger gone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SRX worked awesome on my Valero YT. Mine was worked by DAH though. I had a 225 Promax with a 29 DAH SRX. Did about 90 to 92 with great all around planing, acceleration, carried 4 people well. I had 10" setback.

You should send to DAH and have him pitch it down a bit to turn like 6200 to 6400 (not sure what your rev limit is on the OMC). Tell him your numbers he will make it work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my old vking yt I ran the prop shaft 1 to 1 1/4 above the pad and ran a mazco re3 30 pitch with a yamaha 150prov it ran 84.5 mph and it was wet with a rotten core I could turn the prop around 6000rpms if memory serves me right. And had 4 of setback

1987 Hydrostream vking yt with 1987 prov 150 yamaha 85mph (sold)
    1999 mirage ski racer with same yamaha 95mph with 19?? 2.4 merc 200 96mph with 2005 2.5xs no top speed never ran a prop bigger than a 24 but got 76mph with it (sold)
    2005 tahoe 215 I/o 4.3 v6 51mph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    150 isn't much power for that hull. It's not that different a bottom from the Virage I used to have. Best prop for me was a 26 Hoss Hyperdrive. I think the chopper would have more lift than a stock 27 SRX and you probably need it. More setback and a power jackplate too. My old 150 powered Virage ran best top end with the motor as high as water pressure would allow, but at lower speeds, I needed more prop in the water.