Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dual cable rack??

Hey what's up guys! I'm almost done rigging my viper and the only thing holding me back is the steering set up. I'm looking for the dual rack setup made by teleflex so I can run opposed steering. Teleflex stop making that setup I was told and now they make a single rack with dual cables side by side. I don't know much about the new style setup and not sure how strong it is. Any info on a lead for the dual opposed teleflex rack please let me know. Thanks
    edd
    16ft superboat
    14ft vixan
    15ft viper
    24ft sleekcraft
    21ft sleekcraft modvp
    18ft action hst drag
    18ft accelerator drag
    21ft redline
    18ft vking yt
    20ft Allison grandsport
    20ft laser 420
    18ft X-Stream Vking
    24ft banana

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a joke...Teleflex stopped making the real thing so that people shell out the bucks for hydraulic. There is no way to completely remove the slack on the one with the two cables going into one rack. PreTech still makes (made) the real thing but I'm told they are not making them anymore. I have one of their dual rack systems in my boat and am happy with it. Made in South Korea to all of the A.B.Y.C. standards. If you can find one in stock that is your best bet. If you can even find one of their dual helms, I believe (but am not certain) that the Teleflex cables would bolt up to it. It's basically a copy from what I can tell. Mine was a little bumpy when I first hooked it up but once the high spots wore off the gears it was fine.

I threw a perfectly good Teleflex dual helm in the garbage about 15 years ago because I had replaced the entire system, and I am mad at myself to this day over it. That sucker would have been worth its weight in gold in another few years...
    Ron V

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this im lookn to get rid of. Not sure if if ya could just flip one of the racks around for push pull. Cables are 13' from center of the shaft to the 1" nut at the motor end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140308_165003.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a really nice Mercury Dual Ride Guide flat rack and pinion system, with cables. Came out of a 21 Checkmate. Also have the opposed dual attaching kit as well. Contact me for more info. 772-341-4882

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Teleflex tilt dual rack if you're interestedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0358.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	294762