User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill636 View Post
    When making the front "bulkhead" that caps the front of the stringers and floor should I have a hole for water to drain out of the floor foot area? If so wont any water that will be in the bildge area run forward when decelerating ? I havent seen any other pics of how this is made.

The cap in question is the one from port to starbort and is only about 4" tall.
    I would definitely make a way for water to drain back. don't want it sitting in there. it might let a little water go forward for a second, but as soon as it comes off plane, it will go back again. if you have a bilge pump it should be gone in no time

2. Likes akeemb86 liked this post
    Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope to get all the core glassed in today and the floor and fro t bulkhead all cut and fit and bottom of floor glassed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn that's a lot for one day. but if you can then go for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No water will make it that far forward. These boats are always nose high even when stopping the water in the bilge doesn't get very far forward towards the front of the floor. Unless ur taking on a lot of water. U will get some on the floor from over the transom if u just cut the throttle and come to a stop.
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the floor all cut to fit and had to grind a bit of the balsa down for the floor to fit level and then glassed a layer of 1708 with vinyl ester to the bottom side. Let sit overnite and today SPRAYED a 3rd layer of resin over the balsa and stringers rite befor I set the floor I to place and put som weight on it to set up for a couple days.

I cant seem to rotate the pics so that they are correct on my phone. Even after rotating them in my gallery they still end up wrong on the thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140531_183552.jpg   20140531_211824.jpg   20140601_161634.jpg  
    Last edited by roadkill636; 06-01-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the floor all cut to fit and had to grind a bit of the balsa down for the floor to fit level and then glassed a layer of 1708 with vinyl ester to the bottom side. Let sit overnite and today SPRAYED a 3rd layer of resin over the balsa and stringers rite befor I set the floor I to place and put som weight on it to set up for a couple days.

I cant seem to rotate the pics so that they are correct on my phone. Even after rotating them in my gallery they still end up wrong on the thread.
    looks killer man. you did lay glass over the balsa right? or are you test fitting the floor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... I coated the floor with thickened vinyl ester. Soaked both sides of the 1" balsa with all the squares opened up laying on a barrel. Then layed it in the hull. Coated the top again after an hour or so and wraped it with plastic then put boards and lots of weight on it for a day. Then a layer of 1708 then last nite bruched on a coat then today SRRAYED on a coat over anything and everything that is gone from site under the floor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great job! gets me all worked up and depressed at the same time about my viking! got a list but never get to it! but i think these posts from you and aaron may cause me to pull it out of the corner of the garage and make some dust and get all itchy!
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filled in some gap from the floor to the hull with plywood strips tonite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140604_161511.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdubiel View Post
    great job! gets me all worked up and depressed at the same time about my viking! got a list but never get to it! but i think these posts from you and aaron may cause me to pull it out of the corner of the garage and make some dust and get all itchy!
    that's what im talking about. get to work!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give a tutorial how you sprayed the resin? What is vinyl ester resin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the core was all put down and glassed in .right before I layed the 1/2" floor down I wipped up a batch of vinalester and thined it with asatone and sprayed everythig one last time before covering it all up. It didnt really need it but I wanted to anyway. Asatone isnt the ideal thinner for. Resin but what the heck... I did it and it got hard a day later. And I nust used a paint sprayer that was stuck on the ON possision and tossed it in the rash when I was done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested to know the sprayer setup. What type of paint sprayer did you use? New to spraying but not new to fiberglass and resin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just an old junk Speedair paint sprayer that probly cost $25 with a 1.8 tip and I used full 100-125 air pressure because I wasent worried about how well it covered but rather wanted one final coat over everything before covering it up with the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked on a front bulkhead for a while tonite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140607_184708.jpg   20140607_184729.jpg  

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast