Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...yeah, looks like a t2 not an x...
    Jim Hunts motor didn’t look like either of those ——. C’mon Jim you must remember this— a kiss is still a kiss —-etc-etc-etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...t2x cowling stickers...t2 mid & ssm...it happens...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...t2x cowling stickers...t2 mid & ssm...it happens...
    Some days you eat bear>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt about it - media rules — and we are the guileables ! Like to think i have a modicum of common sense — so why does the media treat me like an idiot ???? If i lied —cheated and gave false statements , i would be jailed—- why aren‘t they ??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    No doubt about it - media rules — and we are the guileables ! Like to think i have a modicum of common sense — so why does the media treat me like an idiot ???? If i lied —cheated and gave false statements , i would be jailed—- why aren‘t they ??????
    There is law in the UK governing the media so lets see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    There is law in the UK governing the media so lets see
    Only law i ever heard concerning the media is „“FREEDOM OF THE PRESS“ ‚‘twould appear they can say what the hell they like , without fear of contradiction or prosecution !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only law i ever heard concerning the media is „“FREEDOM OF THE PRESS“ ‚‘twould appear they can say what the hell they like , without fear of contradiction or prosecution !!!!!!
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/...com-deals-with
    https://www.ipso.co.uk/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just what the hell is going on in England ——petrol prices have risen by 20 pence a gallon and drivers are not even complaining ——-sad part is , they could increase the price by another pound per gallon and we would not complain.
    IS THIS ANOTHER PLOY TO GET EVERYONE TO BUY AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE????????
    We have already lost two years of our lives through covid and come out on top.
    Brexit was supposed to cripple us —-but didn’t .
    Surely we are not that stupid as to let more false news on a petrol shortage that never was do what two world wars and a pandemic couldn’t achieve!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just what the hell is going on in England ——petrol prices have risen by 20 pence a gallon and drivers are not even complaining ——-sad part is , they could increase the price by another pound per gallon and we would not complain.
    IS THIS ANOTHER PLOY TO GET EVERYONE TO BUY AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE????????
    We have already lost two years of our lives through covid and come out on top.
    Brexit was supposed to cripple us —-but didn’t .
    Surely we are not that stupid as to let more false news on a petrol shortage that never was do what two world wars and a pandemic couldn’t achieve!!!
    This is the retail industries newest way of increasing prices. It is a typical shake down . We see it here in the US all the time. The media announces a beef and pork shortage because of Covid. Like a heard of ants, we all flock to the grocery stores to stock up on meat while we can still get some. We are blind to the fact that the price of beef and pork has just been increased by 20%. We are just happy to find some. However, when you look back, the supply of beef and pork never diminished. The industry just gave us a 20% increase and we did not flinch. It seems like every week the media is announcing a shortage of something and just like clockwork, the price of that commodity goes up. It is a very well thought out marketing scheme and it works...! Just create the illusion of a shortage, courtesy of the media, and raise the price and we will flood the market to buy it without ever considering a higher price. We are just grateful to be able to buy it. Your gas shortage is a perfect example.

12. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...wow. remarkable record(s). sounds like someone knew how to put a rig together. and someone also knew how to race said rig. how does someone top that in a given year of racing? no wonder it was sold after one year...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEGATOR View Post
    it is humorous watching all the experts show their expertise. what it was was, 1975 allison 16/t2 standard store bought. louis collins was the original owner, who i drove for at the time. he sent the equipment to me and i put it together. first few races were run without boat cowling. john mccall and i built the cowling and deck closure. after one season louis sold the rig. next time i saw the rig, it had been repainted this ugly as hell paint scheme. it had changed hands multiple times. there had been several changes made to the engine. some of the changes i noticed in picture was: different engine cowl, different prop and gearcase, different trailer. can't say what powerhead was. results after one season: 18 races, 15 wins, 2 seconds, 1 third, 5 mile competition record. also set noa straightaway record. this rig ruined the sv class in 1 year.
    Did say right at the off, motor looked like a hybrid , maybe I’m not so daft after all. Also did say you would know the answer . Just because we get i little older doesn’t mean we have lost any of our marbles does it Jim?
    I‘m still fernagling boats and planes and puppy dogs tails —- working on the GG and BD KARELSON RECORD BOAT . Finished a fairly presentable version for the Pilgrim „“POWERABOUT“. THEN DECIDED I WOULD DO ANOTHER FOR THE HAVASU GET TOGETHER . Turned out to be the one that my tutor taught me about — the could do better one — turning out to be a stonker .
    Will send it over to Havasu —- see if i can get it auctioned off —- should make an interesting ten minutes one evening.
    Highest price i ever got for one of my concepts was a thousand dollars —- three times I’ve reached that figure ——Jim Hauser — Rich LUHRS and Scotty Beckovitch. Cant tell you how much Seebold paid for his Rolls Royce Silver Ghost —- Lynne would kill him stone dead .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEGATOR View Post
    the way you top it? show results from same year j production class: 28 races 24 wins, 2 seconds and 2 jump the gun.
    always been meaning to ask you Jim—- where did you pull“ WHEEL MAN“ OF THE SUNSHINE STATE FROM
    Does it mean PROPS ——or DRIVING. [steering wheel] ?????? Just asking !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those were the days when there was a race every couple of weeks within easy travel distance. That is how we got so much time in our race boats.

Page 983 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 483 883 933 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1033 1083 ... LastLast