Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    What is Jackie doing carrying Bob, and helping the OMC team at Parker?

I thought Jackie was a dedicated Mercury guy. Surely, Willabee is not aware of this.
    Or it could be his Hollywood movie double.

Not guilty Roy— how do i know?—i have never worn a ring in my life —certainly not two—and silver !!!!!!! Just another wannabe I’m afraid .
    Bob and i were friends forever — raced together — our kids grew up together —met at race sites all over the world .
    i Taught him how to race a tunnel—-sold him his first one [BOBCAT ——SMALL SCHULTZE ]— he used to drive way over his head in the early days had a couple of bad flips before he settled down into a very good driver .

2. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US Open 2021, another victory for the Union Jack.
    18 year old Emma Raducanu receives the winners check of 2.5 million US dollars.

Last edited by Lake X Kid; 09-11-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    The US Open 2021, another victory for the Union Jack.
    18 year old Emma Raducanu receives the winners check of 2.5 million US dollars.

Now that proves that dreams—fairy tales —wishes —hopes — plus a fair amount of ability can do wonderful things.
    Still cannot quite bring myself to believe she never even dropped one set ——-something never ever achieved before in a grand slam.
    Well done Emma —— we have an honest tennis champion at last.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been head down and arse up most of the weekend . As usual my butterfly mind has been in overdrive !
    Decided i would do a version of EDDIE RICKENBACKERS BI-PLANE from the First World War —- first thing Saturday i scrapped all i had been working on —-binned the lot — went a bit bigger and heavier GUAGE materials . So for two days I’ve been fernagling and beavering —- dangerous twosome !
    Fuselage —— wings and tail plane ——prop —-artillery and exhausts are sculpted but not finished — wired up the airframe —aka WW1 —- main jobs done —- now comes the clever bit —— polishing —stitching and artwork ———- well, it’ll either make it or it won’t .
    Means the KARELSON got put on the back burner for a while and i still haven’t got the decals and art work for the “MAN CALLED MERT” —- but I’ve got ambition .
    Whole of England is over the moon with EMMA. Papers are full of her —-life for that little girl will never be the same again.
    HAMILTON AND VERSTAPPEN had a coming together in Italy — according to some reports we now have a MAD MAX CRASHTATTEN ??????? I’M NOT EVEN GOING TO COMMENT .
    See if i can’t get some product finished this week ——- i have the RED BARON and a TRIPLANE niggling at the back of my mind.
    AND THE DAYS DWINDLE DOWN —-TO A PRECIOUS FEW —— SEPTEMBER —-NOVEMBER ?????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s one just for you Fuji—— moved in here April 12th—- SUPERSHED took a month to construct—was 8 weeks before it was fully operational. Foggie shows a lot of the concepts I’ve done in that time .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5BBD910-6D8A-4F0C-AE36-06CB8098BA87.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	493069
    Was hoping to take them to Havasu—-then on to tHe old farts in November . But with the world screwed up like it is — i just can’t see it happening.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...looks like its been there forever...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the F1 crash made the race more interesting...maybe Bernie is still giving advice on how to get viewers?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    the F1 crash made the race more interesting...maybe Bernie is still giving advice on how to get viewers?
    Have to smile to myself —- i dont watch F1 anymore, its only shown on pay to view channels here in England . BBC and itv do show highlights occasionally, but thats it . So i can sit back and listen to knowledgable comments of others .
    one of the main comments is “Lewis hasn’t got an ounce of talent— its the car he’s driving !!!!!”
    I never heard that one before , or any time in the past . When Schuhmacher won with the all conquering Ferrari—— and Vettel won with the untouchable Red Bull—- it was the driver that won. They would have won if they were driving a bloody VEE-DUB. Ask anybody?????
    But in those days it was a sport as opposed to an advertisement for product worth billions worldwide .
    Clever buggers in F1 today are BERNIE ——EDDIE IRVINE——ROSS BRAWN—- they are the playmakers —— True — F1 is not the exciting thing to me that it was before —- maybe im getting older — childhood things get left behind ?????
    I am still a true patriot at heart—- i love it when an English person comes out on top— I’m sure same thing applies world wide —- Italians adore a champion [especially when he or she is Italian ] same thing with the Spanish.
    French do a lot of wishful thinking - whilst the Aussies and Americans EXPECT !!!!! So i will root for an Englishman [or woman— this does not include transgenders ] any day of the week

you must have noticed as you go through life how much better JOE DOKES could do the job ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these days your missus is going looking for that boules set and then the Sh1t is really going to hit the fan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Have to smile to myself —- i dont watch F1 anymore, its only shown on pay to view channels here in England . BBC and itv do show highlights occasionally, but thats it . So i can sit back and listen to knowledgable comments of others .
    one of the main comments is “Lewis hasn’t got an ounce of talent— its the car he’s driving !!!!!”
    I never heard that one before , or any time in the past . When Schuhmacher won with the all conquering Ferrari—— and Vettel won with the untouchable Red Bull—- it was the driver that won. They would have won if they were driving a bloody VEE-DUB. Ask anybody?????
    But in those days it was a sport as opposed to an advertisement for product worth billions worldwide .
    Clever buggers in F1 today are BERNIE ——EDDIE IRVINE——ROSS BRAWN—- they are the playmakers —— True — F1 is not the exciting thing to me that it was before —- maybe im getting older — childhood things get left behind ?????
    I am still a true patriot at heart—- i love it when an English person comes out on top— I’m sure same thing applies world wide —- Italians adore a champion [especially when he or she is Italian ] same thing with the Spanish.
    French do a lot of wishful thinking - whilst the Aussies and Americans EXPECT !!!!! So i will root for an Englishman [or woman— this does not include transgenders ] any day of the week

you must have noticed as you go through life how much better JOE DOKES could do the job ?????
    Whats Eddie Irvine up to, last news was his charge for a dust up in a Milan night club over a chick?
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-14-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    What Eddie Irvine up to, last news was his charge for a dust up in a Milan night club over a chick?
    Oh that one —- Eddie did a CK. —- bought the night club — employed her as a hostess !!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECFCD649-236E-463D-93A5-733FB371866D.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	431.6 KB 
ID:	493116/
    1977 i had a mad fit of depression and bought BROOKLANDS FARM In SHIPLEY WEST SUSSEX .
    90% derilect but the farmhouse did have five bedrooms and parking for a dozen cars —- all the kids had at least one and a half cars each——i had two or three and the wife had one . Lived there for 22 years .
    Was just like the NHS swallowed money at an alarming rate——no matter how hard i worked —i couldn’t keep up with it !!!!
    BUT THE KIDS AND THE GRANDKIDS LOVED IT —— they all learned how to drive a tractor—ride a horse [or a pig —maybe a cow ] ride a motorbike and drive a car .
    Deposit [down payment] for the farm was A GMC PANEL TRUCK and the greasy spoon transport cafe i had bought a couple of years previously.
    Car the kids used and learned to drive was a two seater DUTTON i had swopped for 22 mahogany doors .

15. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...nice pic jack...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lived there for 22 years—— great place to raise kids and grandkids —— Mark had his first workshop there —— built the MERCURY HOSPITALITY COACH there .
    Wasn’t sorry to leave in the end . Always seemed like there was another job waiting to be done .
    grandson Craig just bought his self a farmhouse in florida , similar to BROOKLAANDS .

Page 977 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 477 877 927 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1027 1077 ... LastLast