Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAVENT QUITE FIGURED OUT THAT ONE YET ROY.
    do not think Serena would make the top ten best looking birds ever met—- but as my sainted mother used to say „“looks aren’t everything“.
    Bloody Thursday already again !!!!! Car boot and scrapyard —- thinking i might JUST cobble a KARLESON as the next project . Somebody might buy it —- sales are at an all time low—and storage space is at a premium .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...man, that was a bad one. they shoulda left the stitches in a while longer, knowing that that is a major hinge point and all. i've always taken out my own stitches. its easy & completely painless to do...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my age Fuji— nothin is “painless“——everything is painful !!!!!!! I have aches upon ache—- even if i nearly bump into something a bloody big technicolour bruise appears. Daren‘t raise my arms above my head when I’m starkers in bed —- the wings that hang down from wrist to my elbow i could fly solo with down a mountain .
    Dingleberry That coined growing old gracefully, has quite obviously never been there . Probably some up and coming literate trying to make a name for himself !!!!!!!!
    Nothing over here is any better than it was a year ago——- no planes in the air—— can’t travel anywhere —especially USA.
    Boris trying to justify 20 years and 400 military killed in Afghanistan [and failing miserably] but his failings are nothing compared to the monumental cock ups of sleepy Joe . Im not even going down that road !!!!!!!!
    Covid is still not under control in spite of the Most rigorous lockdown anywhere —— toughest masking and distancing —-twin vaccinations with a third in the offing any time soon. Bastard virus still has not been tamed . We have had at least four variations —- first was the chinky —- last one was Indian— it‘ll be while yet before we get back to normal.
    Good day at both the car boot, the recycling facility and the workshop—-wont tell you what im working on ‚Till It‘s done . At least two weeks.

7. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    At my age Fuji— nothin is “painless“——everything is painful !!!!!!! I have aches upon ache—- even if i nearly bump into something a bloody big technicolour bruise appears. Daren‘t raise my arms above my head when I’m starkers in bed —- the wings that hang down from wrist to my elbow i could fly solo with down a mountain .
    Dingleberry That coined growing old gracefully, has quite obviously never been there . Probably some up and coming literate trying to make a name for himself !!!!!!!!
    Nothing over here is any better than it was a year ago——- no planes in the air—— can’t travel anywhere —especially USA.
    Boris trying to justify 20 years and 400 military killed in Afghanistan [and failing miserably] but his failings are nothing compared to the monumental cock ups of sleepy Joe . Im not even going down that road !!!!!!!!
    Covid is still not under control in spite of the Most rigorous lockdown anywhere —— toughest masking and distancing —-twin vaccinations with a third in the offing any time soon. Bastard virus still has not been tamed . We have had at least four variations —- first was the chinky —- last one was Indian— it‘ll be while yet before we get back to normal.
    Good day at both the car boot, the recycling facility and the workshop—-wont tell you what im working on ‚Till It‘s done . At least two weeks.

The only consolation is China is shutting down but then we find out how many parts in things we buy come from china so you cant get anything.
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-03-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most stringent rules and total vaccination was ISRAEL —- yet here it is overun with the damned covid again as a fourth or is it fifth strain hits them . Only MONGOLIA has a worse record—-.
    We only have ourselves to blame for the fact China supplies the whole world with SHODDYWARE .
    Best products in the world were available for a decent price in all civilised countries . Then china starts producing throwaway lookalikes at half the price . How in the world did we fall for that one ?
    I only have to look in my own workshop to compare well made tooling from even before the First World War , to modern day throwout rubbish !!!!!!!
    Battery operated tools —-drills—rattle guns —-saws etc; I must have had five different sets in the last ten years ——sure , they do get a little better each time . From cell batteries to cad —to lithium .
    Started out at twenty quid — now they’re two hundred quid —- handy thats for sure —- dont make you a better craftsman . Just able to charge more for your service . But then isn’t everything ten times more than it was before ?????? From houses —cars—appliances —food —-gasoline —-taxes —-wages —constant spiral that is now totally out of control. Golfers getting a thousand dollars a stroke —- footballers a thousand dollars a kick —-tennis players a thousand dollars a point—- Filmstars a million a word !!!!! And, lets not get into I T —- just an idea can net you a billion . Can’t help but wonder where the hell it is exactly that i come into all this ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Most stringent rules and total vaccination was ISRAEL —- yet here it is overun with the damned covid again as a fourth or is it fifth strain hits them . Only MONGOLIA has a worse record—-.
    We only have ourselves to blame for the fact China supplies the whole world with SHODDYWARE .
    Best products in the world were available for a decent price in all civilised countries . Then china starts producing throwaway lookalikes at half the price . How in the world did we fall for that one ?
    I only have to look in my own workshop to compare well made tooling from even before the First World War , to modern day throwout rubbish !!!!!!!
    Battery operated tools —-drills—rattle guns —-saws etc; I must have had five different sets in the last ten years ——sure , they do get a little better each time . From cell batteries to cad —to lithium .
    Started out at twenty quid — now they’re two hundred quid —- handy thats for sure —- dont make you a better craftsman . Just able to charge more for your service . But then isn’t everything ten times more than it was before ?????? From houses —cars—appliances —food —-gasoline —-taxes —-wages —constant spiral that is now totally out of control. Golfers getting a thousand dollars a stroke —- footballers a thousand dollars a kick —-tennis players a thousand dollars a point—- Filmstars a million a word !!!!! And, lets not get into I T —- just an idea can net you a billion . Can’t help but wonder where the hell it is exactly that i come into all this ?????

Branson, Bezos and Musk, billionaires of companies that have never made a profit.
    Printing money has made a fake economy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D09F1BDB-32DA-45A8-80C4-A06DE85C324A.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	492774
    Bunch of my great grandchildren taking a break in the Peak District this last week .
    Middle daughter BOO‘S grandkids .

12. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...nice look'n group j.w...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received two letters Saturday morning . One from Scottish power informing me that the cost of electricity will increase as winter approaches .
    second was from the gas company [totally french owned ] informing me that gas would cost me more this winter .
    AND THE GOVERNMENT THOUGHT IT WAS SMART SELLING OFF ITS ASSETS????
    i presume that this means my state pension will increase as i sit here waiting for the third letter ?????
    Looks like the USA is already suffering from the second wave of covid —- hope you dont have the same amount of really stupid people over there as we have here . You know the ones that i mean, those that believe covid is not going anywhere near them, and they are young and athletic and it wont affect them anyway. My message to you all is “”GET VACCINATED —-.
    I have already lost too many friends to the damned covid —- including my best friend [who just happened to be American]. Reed Eller .
    Started on a vague concept of a KARELSON yesterday— inspired by the picture of JOHN SHERLOCK standing atop one of them after a world record run. Don’t look anything like it at the moment —-but i can do better —- i got ambition.!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBE5FD02-7FB2-4FDA-8050-5A01E88E1ED3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	414.5 KB 
ID:	492800

Not much to show for two days solid work —— it’ll be alright on the night .

17. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JUST WATCHED HALF THE USA POPULATION ATTENDING COLLEGE FOOTBALL MATCHES ???????
    Apparently the powers that be have lost all sense of reason— have they learn nothing from the rest of the world that covid is a killer ????
    we are 90% vaccinated here, and on our third wave of infection—- had months [even years] of lockdown. Even talk of a fourth jab its a done deal we will get a third jab.
    Wherever there’s a huge congregation of human beings there’s a mass outbreak—- only now are the rules being relaxed for crowd control—- and yes , covid cases are on the increase again.
    Yes it has caused death in the family and members of my immediate family have been affected and infected , so im not talking out of my arse , but from experience.
    to ALL my American friends —please take care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those kids have a 99.99 % survival rate. Nothing to worry about.
    91 Seaswirl 178 spyder sport. Evinrude XP175. (59 MPH, so far, and so close).
    85 Sleekcraft SST , 225 Johnson...(sold)

Page 975 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 475 875 925 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1025 1075 ... LastLast