Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    I suspect it was an adapter plate to change the bolt pattern form the powerhead to the gearcase. The rotary did the same thing with the bucket. There was about 2" from the bottom of the powerhead to the gearcase.
    Adapter plate —-cavitation plate —-steering adaptor —- whatever??? Had no idea just how small the gap had gotten between the powerhead and the gearcase. OMC’s V8 had a six inch, i did know that.
    But was not aware the rotary had a two inch mid.
    So, i wont be far out if i have a three mm cav plate doing the job. !!!!!!!
    As you know Johnno, i dont do models, mainly ‘cos i can’t—- so any concept that i fernagle that actually LOOKS like an OMC gearcase is an added bonus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7407A917-BD40-4C48-BDCC-CBC442563BBB.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	489565
    Weirdest thing ever ——feels like i have a broken wrist— swollen like a balloon — haven’t been bitten or stung that i remember . Been two days of miserable agony. It’s finally easing and the swelling is going down. Have to ask Gene and Odell if its an age related thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7407A917-BD40-4C48-BDCC-CBC442563BBB.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	489565
    Weirdest thing ever ——feels like i have a broken wrist— swollen like a balloon — haven’t been bitten or stung that i remember . Been two days of miserable agony. It’s finally easing and the swelling is going down. Have to ask Gene and Odell if its an age related thing.
    YEP---

"Age Related'---In couple weeks we will be doing the 'NINE OH' Jackie---

I have had so many 'MRI's--Which means I have wonderful insurance provided by the CITY OF MIAMI--

The latest MRI confirmed the 'hand problem' comes from my neck

BELL HELMET and AGE RELATED--

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    YEP---

"Age Related'---In couple weeks we will be doing the 'NINE OH' Jackie---

I have had so many 'MRI's--Which means I have wonderful insurance provided by the CITY OF MIAMI--

BELL HELMET and AGE RELATED--

MY MA NEVER TOLD ME THERE’D ME THERE WOULD BE DAYS LIKE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know the big nine oh is due any time soon Gene , so let me wish you a happy birthday—- and long may they continue.
    There is a huge celebration being prepared for my 90th at the AVISFORD HILTON HOTEL. In January. Was hoping to get away it without any fuss and bother , but now it looks like i can run but can’t hide . Don’t think you’re going to get away with it either ——— no chance —- you have to face it like a man. Bahamas 500 is preferable to being hauled through the wringer in a 90th birthday bash. That’s the beauty of having my birthday after you, - you can tell me all about it !!!!!!

5. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had two TIA’S up to now Gene. Both about five years ago. First was when i was filling the trusty LEXUS with Gas at a filling station, couldn’t get the nozzle into the filler . Couldn’t believe it — stated giggling— Jill told me to stop fooling around —- i was slurring words and my mouth wouldn’t work. She called the paramedics . Three of them confirmed i had been on the end of an TRI. Six weeks before i was allowed to drive . Second one was at home during a normal conversation —TWO MONTHS LATER. couldn’t lift my arm and the left hand corner of my mouth dropped , memory slipped and speech was odd.
    Again paramedics confirmed it was a second TRI. Again ,no driving for six weeks .
    HAVEN’T had any further recurrence since . Secret of nailing the problem is to get help immediately. DO NOT WAIT, DELAY IS ASKING FORTROUBLE.
    i put this on the tricks site so that friends are aware of what’s going on when this happens. I didn’t believe it either , in fact, i cracked out laughing [ another normal reaction]. JUST BE AWARE .

7. Thanks OLEGATOR thanked for this post
    Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOT A GOOD STRONG DAY IN TODAY . Spent a lot of it putting “MERT” together . Quite chuffed at the way things went today. Will post more piccies end of next week as it gets a bit more recognisable . Torrential thunderstorms last night —— unfortunately the sunshade filled with rainwater and bent the gazebo from arseholes to breakfast time , creating a lot of work i could do with out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GENE LANHAM;3293332

BELL HELMET and AGE RELATED--[/QUOTE]

My Dad during one marathon circuit race (probably Miami), had to use one hand to help hold up his helmet & head during the last minutes of the race.

Apparently neck muscles were tired and strained.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    My Dad during one marathon circuit race (probably Miami), had to use one hand to help hold up his helmet & head during the last minutes of the race.

Apparently neck muscles were tired and strained.
    22 Hours-41 Mins--

May be the Record?

11. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    22 Hours-41 Mins--

May be the Record?
    I have done two or three 24 hour circle races. But we always had two drivers . Only ever remember one 24 hour race at CHASEWATER where we had three drivers .
    My favourites were the three hour races, you could drive the whole three hours yourself if you wanted to.
    BOATBUILDERS TRIALS at CHASEWATER were my favourite . A whole days racing to qualify —— then a one and a half hour race for the non qualifiers . Then a three hour race for the qualifiers .
    In 1966 i ran both races in the same boat, but with different engines .
    in the non qualifying i ran a 45 hop CARNITI. Finished second —— in the three hours, i finished first.
    Charlie Sheppard told me he would buy me the best pram in the world for my fifth child [SAM] if i won.
    He was the importer for CARNITI motors at the time. Plus i was driving one of his boats at the time .
    i did have a great incentive .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that three hour races were the right length. I never used a relief driver for any race of 3 hours or less in my own boats. My last marathon boat was set up to run 3 hours on fuel to avoid the time lost to refueling. I found that in a rough water race the extra weight didn't matter much anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It‘s very true when they say—the older you get-the dafter you get.
    Got up from my usual afternoon nap yesterday to go for a pee, stubbed my toe on the bed leg —- slid across the floor — did a half pirouette and landed on my back across the wooden foot of the bed . I really did see stars and my back felt like it had the forty lashes .
    daft part of this —-i couldn’t get back up ——- so laid on the floor . Nobody home , Jill was at work. DIDNT panic as i was still clutching the iPad . Knew i could get Sam there in ten minutes if need be .
    but it was a good five minutes before i was able to put a knee underneath me — hoik myself up , then have a pee.
    Why am i telling you this?????? I have no idea !!!!!! I’m sure you are all a whole lot smarter than me and wont fall over in the first place.
    Made big inroads into „“MERT“ yesterday. As most of you already know, i make two separate models of the most difficult stuff i cobble together, just in case i screw one up completely. MERT is no exception, except it is an exceedingly difficult subject to get anything like „“RIGHT“.
    But if i do, then i can do anything—-nothing‘s impossible— I AM INDEFATIGABLE. !!!!!!
    Friday again— hospital at ten to have my eyes tested once more. They do this on an annual basis once you get past four score years and five.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Looks like you're the only one on S&F these days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: Looks like you're the only one on S&F these days.
    Well, i have to tell you Johnno, even i had another invite to join BOAT RACING FACTS from Mr. Signature himself. But seeing as how I’ve been on there for years —- i declined .
    Maybe everyone’s defected and gone overseas ??????????
    Just come back from ST RICHARDS HOSPITAL In Chichester—- supposed to have had my annual eye test , but the scanner broke. So they sent everyone home.
    I COULD have had another good day on the „“MERT“.
    Nothing on this weekend, so i might make good inroads into the project.
    Did you ever get to know Jim Merton ??????????? Mercury‘s „“JIMBO“—- liked by everyone !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, never got to know any of the Merc people other than those that deflected from OMC. I did know Rick Davis (Merc. and Force VP) as I hired him at Homelite. As I said before, I wasn't really part of the race group, but was the Engineer for the rotary. As such I went along with the engine where ever it ran, but that was it.

18. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
Page 957 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 457 857 907 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 1007 1057 ... LastLast