User Tag List

Page 9 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 59 109 509 1009 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you 've got it going now Jack! that looks amazing! I'll have to practice my Santana licks that looks "Smooth", can't wait to hear it sing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have to say it was nice to eat bear all day.Well sated with the days turn of events, just once in a while God smiles on the chosen one, I also know it's not going to last.
    As I finished the guitar and brought it indoors to shoot a piccie, grandson walks in and says, hi grandad, that's a nice guitar base "where did you get that"? Little grey cells are giving out warning signals here, cogs click into overdrive and I answer with a very straight face -----AMAZON !!!
    Cool s
    ays he-----situation averted.

Took it all the way down to 1000 grit before I was happy that was good enough, the minute I hit it with the beeswax the sun came out----just one coat and the shine was there.
    Quite sad it's all done and dusted, but I did enjoy the project
    Could do the next one in six hours, s'easy when ya know how.
    send me your address on my private notifications, will see if my youngest daughter will give me a shipping price.
    How 'bout I charge you $ 250 and you pay whatever the carriage costs are, if you don't like it when it arrives I'll give you your money back, enjoy, Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pm sent!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don was as good as his word and sent me his phone number and address details, have four quotes for sending the guitar and it's not as expensive as I feared.
    it's been a very enjoyable project but I couldn't understand how a couple of hundred people logged onto a comparatively mundane site, it became apparent when one of my kids asked me if I had finished the guitar for Don Maclean, sorry to disappoint you all out there, but we did have our five minutes of fame, Me and Don and his mate Clapton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	294067Click image for larger version. 

Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	294068Gave the workshop a miss the last couple of days, mowed the grass, cleaned the pool out,planted some sweet peas. Thought about washing the car, but that's as far as it got.
    Got some ideas for a windsurfer, chap down in Florida wants one, have one I could send him but think I can improve on it------give him the choice anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack, I would never ask for my money back! even if it didn't sound good as a guitar it would still be a work of art produced by you and I'm hoping you'll give me input to the headstock design for the custom ordered neck so you have you're touch in the entire build!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	294110
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    Jack, I would never ask for my money back! even if it didn't sound good as a guitar it would still be a work of art produced by you and I'm hoping you'll give me input to the headstock design for the custom ordered neck so you have you're touch in the entire build!
    DON,
    One of my big dreads is that I would sell something that was not value for money, I don't sell much of my stuff, but I have never lost a customer and there are quite a few keep coming back for another piece or three. If a customer thinks I'm too expensive I hope he will tell me, it's not a living, it's an outlet to stop the reaper getting any where near.
    Most things I charge between $300----500.us.
    Daughter Sam wanted some 10' tall garden sculptures like the ones she found on the internet @$12,000 a pop, I made her half a dozen of one sort and another out of 2" stainless tube and polished alloy-----the most expensive came out at $500, and the cheapest was $350, kept me in wine and whusky, but I passed on the wild, wild women, (this time).
    have to either find a home for----or make a desirable piece out of the FENDER, it has a beautiful but broken stick, (birds eye maple inlaid rosewood ivory fret) so I will sleep on it.
    Next up will be the Arabian curved stainless -----fantastic already but awesome when I finish it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	48 
Size:	413.1 KB 
ID:	294134Click image for larger version. 

Views:	42 
Size:	412.6 KB 
ID:	294135Really got my head down and arse up today, everything went according to plan with no cock ups, makes a change,and the present day theme seems to be surfers or boards. Already decided on the next project it's a surfer coming out of the tube-----wait for it----told you I'm full of daft ideas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah well, it was one of those days, like the road to hell i was full of good intentions and was off to a bright and early start -- thought i would just tidy up one of the pieces i had done some time ago ---somehow never got it quite right, so i dismantled it and started to take the polish off it with a special piece of kit i have , it's a black and decker power file and i use it on most of the hand shaped wooden pieces i cobble. Bugger my britches if the ed bearing didn't seize and stopped the belt dead in it's tracks. Well, i am a bit of an engineer so i spent the morning farting about repairing the arm on this device, and fitted a new bearing and made a new arm, after 4 hours i topped up with a bodge that didn't work one hundred percent, so i went on line and discovered for the princely sum of £6.70 including postage i could buy the real mc coy. If my time is only worth £1.50 per hour i'm gonna stay in bed all day.
    Never did get to start the surfer in the tube ----maybe tomorrow will look down on me with a little more compassion. Had two large CC7's before dinner and things aren't too bad all things consideredClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1658.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	418.5 KB 
ID:	294174

That's the Hauser Trophy Jim had me make it for him about 5 years ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	55 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	294194Click image for larger version. 

Views:	62 
Size:	319.4 KB 
ID:	294195This is the piece I was never happy with, have removed the centre and started chasing the bold weevils out of the bark, little bastards were not so little and were very bold indeed they didn't just bore holes, they went mining.
    back to square one and then white grain filled it, should be ready to hit in the morning, never tried this before so it could be very interesting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the weevil holes can look kinda cool sometimes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    I think the weevil holes can look kinda cool sometimes.
    When you can get your middle finger into the cavities the bloody things leave, that's when the big guns come out------either cut off the offending chunk -----or be a bit smart and improve on their capabilities-----see what you think tomorrow, will show you the results CNC GUY, thanks for looking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to " mitigating circumstances " I never got to finish the great auk.
    Went foraging at a car boot sale ( flea market in the USA ) and came across a medieval sun dial which had been found in a field in Kent a few years back, paid far too much money for it, spent most of the day bringing it back to life. Like a real twat I never took a picture of it, and am having great difficulty stitching it together again, I shall win in the end, why do I put myself through the wringer, must have deep masochistic tendencies hidden within.
    Forgot all about the surfer in the " Tube". Will have to be next week ----

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing all your projects is as much as you roasting Willabee.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	128 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	294233
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    Seeing all your projects is as much as you roasting Willabee.
    Few things in life can equal a "discussion on all things relevant" with WILLABEE , it's right up there with sex, CC7, driving a Lexus, a nice asse, a summers day and burping and farting, long may it continue, have a nice day Guy !!! And you too Willa.
    Kate Wilson, Gary Stray, Craig Wilson, Louise Stray ( Wilson ) three of those are my grandchildren, all except Kate are at GEICO, playing boats, she works at Wilso Custom Marine, with Mark, my son, still playing boats.
    He has nearly finished a 50' high speed yacht ( 70 mph ) will post you a piccy later

Page 9 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 59 109 509 1009 ... LastLast