Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...techteam, where did you source this beauty?...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    nobody has banned 2 strokes, the E-tec is way cleaner than todays 4 stroke, the fake news doing well, Japs got no technology and Merc gave up as the e-tec is the only solution but BRP dont seem to want license it, still selling in skidoos and soon to exist in the new BRP boat powertrain.

Why would you need a hold up to the new 4 stroke F1 v8 engine, heavy, low output per ci, and a same price as a Corvette, yeps its a winner?
    It was boat racing wasnt it?
    Once the cowl is on the spectators dont know what under it.
    Seem to remember a law was passed in the USA making the production of two cycle motors, Bikes and outboards, anything that was fun somewhere in the early nineties . Or did it just simply “Go away”?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Seem to remember a law was passed in the USA making the production of two cycle motors, Bikes and outboards, anything that was fun somewhere in the early nineties . Or did it just simply “Go away”?
    Calf. pass a law banning 2-stroke motor cycles on public roads in 1974

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Naw, it goes much deeper than that Johnno , damned if i can remember at the minute, but i will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EPA nor EU have ever never made a law about technology only emissions, that caused carby 2 strokes to go as they are pretty dirty.
    The japs did a great fake news lobby to con everyone as they didnt have the answers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Thanks for the education Gene
    Did they every get used on a race boat?
    Not to my knowledge

1971—Richie was building two strokes— snowmobile engines

The only outboards seen on the Ledge were OMC’s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Gas Stuff By 2035

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Don't know where we stand with 2 strokes but CA just made a new law banning the sale of new gasoline-only fuel burn vehicles effective 2035. Hybrids? Yes
    Electric? Yes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Don't know where we stand with 2 strokes but CA just made a new law banning the sale of new gasoline-only fuel burn vehicles effective 2035. Hybrids? Yes
    Electric? Yes
    ... thats illegal for them to do. its going to cost the state(and the taxpayers) untold millions of dollars in the courts when they are challenged on this. the only one that will make out on this will be the lawyers. same old same old.

9. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont you just love it when a plan comes together.
    Do you know anyone else who is crazy enough to spend a day of his life carving out a V8 outboard concept. From a solid alloy billet 5”x4” x 2 and a half inch. roughed it out on the band saw and screwed up a £20 blade. Spent the whole afternoon fernagling some sort of semblance of an overweight, overpriced, pug ugly rendition of an F1 V8 racing outboard . But ive got ambition!
    Still haven’t wound myself up to do a super duper all singing and dancing gearcase , but i will tomorrow.
    Had my last plaster change on the poorly arm. Nurse was well pleased with the way its healed. Will get signed off later this week . I should have the F1 project ready for a sneaky peaky. Before the end of the week too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plan Change???

Dont you just love it when a plan comes together.
    Do you know anyone else who is crazy enough to spend a day of his life carving out a V8 outboard concept. From a solid alloy billet 5”x4” x 2 and a half inch. roughed it out on the band saw and screwed up a £20 blade. Spent the whole afternoon fernagling some sort of semblance of an overweight, overpriced, pug ugly rendition of an F1 V8 racing outboard . But ive got ambition!
    Still haven’t wound myself up to do a super duper all singing and dancing gearcase , but i will tomorrow.
    Had my last plaster change on the poorly arm. Nurse was well pleased with the way its healed. Will get signed off later this week . I should have the F1 project ready for a sneaky peaky. Before the end of the week too.

I'm surprised you haven't given 3D printing a try? Bronze sculptors are using 3D printing to cheat on lead time to "scale up" with full size statues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't given 3D printing a try? Bronze sculptors are using 3D printing to cheat on lead time to "scale up" with full size statues.
    Ok my friend, I’ll try and explain it to you.

My Grandson, GARY STRAY, bought me a 3D printer a couple of years back. I’ve done a few bits on it, but wasn’t that ecstatic with the results.
    Propellors are a prime example, never could get one to “ Man up”. Steering wheels for the silver ghost didn’t come out at all well. In the end analysis, it’s PLASTIC anyway. Me and plastic don’t get along.
    Finest Model offshore boats I’ve ever seen are made by Phillip Morris. But they are PLASTIC. Don’t ask me why, but I think that’s cheating. (I sense trouble over this).
    How can I possibly explain the difference between him and me creating a concept. Mr, Morris makes a mould and pours a boat.
    I take a hunk of metal, ( or wood ) and nurture it into something . Definitely will not have the fine detail of the plastic , but it does have feeling, passion , and a love of boating.
    Phillip Morris boat will set you back around a hundred quid, and will come out as a beautiful scale model replica.
    Any concept of mine will cost you treble that. But it will be something unique. No two are ever even remotely the same. Suppose the main reason is the fact I simply don’t know how to do scaling.
    Now I’m not complaining at all, I once tried to explain to Christian Toll that it was similar to the difference between a photograph and a panting. A photo is the true replica of the subject and therefore deadly accurate. A painting is one mans version of the same subject and can never be one hundred percent!
    In conclusion—- I never saw a photograph that fetched fifty million ! ——-Have a nice day y’all.

13. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Likes ron54, GrewuponLakeX liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...techteam, where did you source this beauty?...
    I have the original. One day I'll get round to either posting it or dropping it off with the framed photo I have of him at Records but time flies and I always forget when heading south to shandy drinking land.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    I have the original. One day I'll get round to either posting it or dropping it off with the framed photo I have of him at Records but time flies and I always forget when heading south to shandy drinking land.
    Tried for years to just let you roll over and ignore you Fuji . But the time has come as the walrus said !!
    I always had a lot of good friends at Windermere. Specially at the record attempts . Didnt see many of them for the rest of the year , but they were always there . Simply took em all for granted i suppose .
    Met up with the Lancashire Lot from Carr Mill. Joe and his drunken friends. Stayed at the Low Wood. Parties went on long into the night.
    Then there were the Geordie lot from Tyneside . The Lincolnshire Lot , Graham Musson and Ron .
    There was a character that did the boat drawings for the UIM certificates at around £100 a pop.
    But thats not who did the COSSIE line drawing.
    Dont ever remember a piccy taken at Windermere. OK, so now you got my attention, Fuji.
    By the way, if you’re a deep dyed Beer swigger. I can cater for you.
    My favourite drink was always CC7 , but these days my every afternoon drink is G&T , but i do have one or two bottles of Single malt that i save for visitors.
    Make yourself known and i will make you welcome. But if you have a humpety Quasimodo back or any other hideous impediment and wish to remain MONOGOMOUS. i will respect that also!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not an artistic guy but this artform is one I really like. My dad's tail gunner from the war could draw animals that looked almost alive with a pencil. I have a scan of one of his works somewhere in this new computer but damned if I can find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Now you've done it. That's not Fujimo's picture!!! It's TechTeam that says he might drop it by one day. BUT you better be real nice to him as he is one of the rotary experts in the UK. Real nice guy who's son was one of the best boat racers in England. I worked with him on rotaries for a couple of months several years back.

Page 865 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 915 965 ... LastLast