Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question? Are the water levels, overall, higher there in recent years, like over here? (Generally, only people that live on the water will know this, as I/we do.)
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 09-29-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Thanks Fuji—— you make everything “Groovy”—- WILD THING- you make my heart sing????

..."Flower Power!"... Make Love, Not War! lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Question? Are the water levels, overall, higher there in recent years, like over here? (Generally, only people that live on the water will know this, as I/we do.)
    Thats a bit like “Climate Change” —— “Ozone Layers” and stuff like that Fuji, we are vulnerable to BULLPOO —— seems if we have a question—- there are always a number of knowledgeable, would be scientists ready to blind us with nonsenses.
    Water levels over here are pretty much the same as they’ve always been——- wet for certain—-lower in summer and higher in winter——same as the temperature—- it’s still warmer in the summer than it is in the winter and VICKY VERKY —- been the same for the whole of my 87 years —- so I think it’s safe to say “THATS A FACT”
    Same thing with the plastic situation—- we only really started manufacturing and using plastic after the Second World War—- wasn’t it fantastic tackle—- the answer to most things—- a god given product ?
    Fact we didn’t know what to do with it as waste has thrown the world into panic—— man is a very resilient animal and will no doubt come up with a feasible solution in the very near future.
    The old adage of —- if it ain’t broke, why bother to fix it comes to mind—— man is a lazy but very inventive creature—— so don’t worry, he will get around to fixing it before it gets totally out of control!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more water, more boats...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    more water, more boats...
    .??? More people —— more Crap. .?? Simple fact Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E966C367-C261-42B0-95D3-FBDD48B00744.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	449939

Yhey just keep on coming—- today’s crop is exactly three months after the first picking !
    How ‘ bout an “Enhancement” ? Fuji ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 449852

Cactus in Samsgarden suddenly produces phallic stem after three years? Anyone know what it is?
    Century Plant. Type of agave. It'll eventually flower at the top of the stalk. Blooms infrequently...sometimes decades apart...hence the not-quite-accurate name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster43 View Post
    Century Plant. Type of agave. It'll eventually flower at the top of the stalk. Blooms infrequently...sometimes decades apart...hence the not-quite-accurate name.
    Thanks a lot Ronster—- Sam will be really chuffed to have the answer ? Old farts are the cleverest old bastards in the universe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And chances are that the plant will die afterwards. Had two do this in my yard, one plant died and the other is hanging in there.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a bit like “Climate Change” —— “Ozone Layers” and stuff like that Fuji, we are vulnerable to BULLPOO —— seems if we have a question—- there are always a number of knowledgeable, would be scientists ready to blind us with nonsenses.
    Water levels over here are pretty much the same as they’ve always been——- wet for certain—-lower in summer and higher in winter——same as the temperature—- it’s still warmer in the summer than it is in the winter and VICKY VERKY —- been the same for the whole of my 87 years —- so I think it’s safe to say “THATS A FACT”
    Same thing with the plastic situation—- we only really started manufacturing and using plastic after the Second World War—- wasn’t it fantastic tackle—- the answer to most things—- a god given product ?
    Fact we didn’t know what to do with it as waste has thrown the world into panic—— man is a very resilient animal and will no doubt come up with a feasible solution in the very near future.
    The old adage of —- if it ain’t broke, why bother to fix it comes to mind—— man is a lazy but very inventive creature—— so don’t worry, he will get around to fixing it before it gets totally out of control!
    Not political at all Jackie. Never voted my entire life. Registered to vote for the first time just before the last election. Could care less about global warming. I live directly on saltwater & have my entire life. I am "in tune", on a daily basis, with my tides. They go in and out twice each day. My living room couch is 14 feet from my seawall. The water has always been a study & a source of entertainment for me, not to mention the constant breeze off the Atlantic. Just was wondering if Sam, at her nice spot she has there, has noticed any differences there over the years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Not political at all Jackie. Never voted my entire life. Registered to vote for the first time just before the last election. Could care less about global warming. I live directly on saltwater & have my entire life. I am "in tune", on a daily basis, with my tides. They go in and out twice each day. My living room couch is 14 feet from my seawall. The water has always been a study & a source of entertainment for me, not to mention the constant breeze off the Atlantic. Just was wondering if Sam, at her nice spot she has there, has noticed any differences there over the years.
    There are generally two tides a day all along the south coast—— but I’ve heard tell that there’s a couple of places on the Isle of Wight that have four tides a day !!!
    Some twenty years ago the local council put up nine flood barriers from Middleton on sea to Elmer On to Pagham. These have been highly successful in the flood control area, but the shingle and sandy beaches are constantly shifting.
    Mother nature is a strange creature—- has wild impetuous moments —- not like her at all, long periods of drought, followed by torrential rain which balances up the status quo !
    You just can’t pigeon hole nature. Smart arses keep trying, but fail miserably—— so the blame is put down to —- global warming—- climate change—-sunspots—- Black holes ?
    Most of us know that hurricanes—- tempests and typhoons are simply God taking a leak after a heavy night on the town.?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough old morning—- back in the groove with the rollers—- lady from the charity shop in Barnham reckons she’s good to go with the upholstery—— I’ll let her try a couple to begin with ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be that time of the year— old folk hibernating—- snowbirds travelling south—old farts keeping themselves to themselves—- all waiting to travel to Tavares?
    Looks like it’s going to be a good turnout this year—— was nice to see Alan Garbrecht and Tim Seebold
    from the younger generations as well as Seebold, Stickle, Ted Jones, Schubert !
    First time since the old farts began Sirois Wont be there—- I always liked his OFF speeches—- he somehow managed to hit the spot with a balance of humour, fact, memories and feelings. He was the reason I was determined to get at least one more meeting in.
    Ordered another three band saw blades today—- probably the last—- time to slow down and take it a little easier—- it’s been nearly eight months since I started the Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s and I’m still at least another month from completing all six. That’s it—- not doing any more—- Rich had the first—- Sam the second —- Gary Stray the third—- Scotty B has an option on the fourth, which leaves just three left for sale.
    Speak now, or forever hold your peace ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cairnsnews.org/2016/12/30/sc...ydney-harbour/ NOT...

and we had climate gate showing no change in temp for a long time
    https://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/08...at-rutherglen/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve heard it all before Pilgrim—- politicians trying to justify their existence—— scientist who should be doing a paper round because they have minus IQ/s .
    Did hear tell that record breaking fish were first caught when Pontius was I Pilate— thousands of years ago, but they still don’t blame it on climate change or global warming when a record breaking ten pound trout is landed.
    Are hurricanes any worse than they were two thousand years ago——- does the moon come up fourteen times a year—- ??
    I’m paying so much more in taxes than I did sixty years ago——- government tells me it to pay for global warming———
    Rememder in the old days when you had three speeds in the gearbox—— and you had to drop down a cog to climb a hill——— how did we know to do that ?... I think it’s a little thing called “common sense” , lacking in most places especially In politicians—— I know I’ve still got mine ? How about you—-

16. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
Page 711 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 211 611 661 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 761 811 1211 ... LastLast