Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Uk heading back to post maggie days where the politicians forgot they represent their voters.
    Politicians always thought they were a law unto themselves and never had to represent the people— and that their crap didn’t stink ! But it’s the same the world over—— show me a politician and I’ll show you corruption!

2. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Boris slinks back into obscurity and the “remainders” just while away the time until the Brexit deadline has passed—- then call a general election—— probably early November———- Troublle is—— there’s a fly in the ointment ???? —————— Nigel’s putting all his soldiers in a row !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    So, Boris slinks back into obscurity and the “remainders” just while away the time until the Brexit deadline has passed—- then call a general election—— probably early November———- Troublle is—— there’s a fly in the ointment ???? —————— Nigel’s putting all his soldiers in a row !!!
    if parliament is suspended its brexit I thought, no time to delay further?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if parliament is suspended its brexit I thought, no time to delay further?
    Nah—- not like that at all Pilgrim—-that’s all the remainders are playing for—— delays — so no exit!
    Even Boris’s brother Joe has quit the party ?
    In my family—- right or Wrong——- thick and Thin— love em or hate em—- family’s stick together!
    I didn’t need to go to ETON ( equivalent of Ivy League) to learn family loyalty—- it was knocked into me at a very early age—— it was always my job to look after my young brother NIPPER—- WHATEVER he did!
    So Boris has one roll of the dice left——- it means breaking the law —— ignoring parliament and calling for a general election before the Brexit deadline !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18 million voters will be getting sick and tired of this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18 million voters will be getting sick and tired of this
    EVERYONE is sick to their tits of this bloody fiasco——- politicians lying and double dealing—throwing their dollies out of the pram——-- refusing to carry out the wishes of the people—— you couldn’t make up a computer play station game to match this !
    NIGEL IS NOTABLE BY HIS ABSENCE IN ALL THIS ?????

On a more positive note——- I stitched some piranha pine together with cascamite glue—- been using it for years——— for another “DRY MARTINI” ——- spent the day carving and shaping until it FELT right.was putting the final touches to the shape when I noticed the damn thing was coming apart—- couldn’t understand this.
    Ive been using cascamite like forever! Looked at the use by date ——— 1983.
    i knew I’d had it a few years—— but that’s downright unfecking believable.
    Took out a bottle of HARBOUR FREIGHT wood glue I’d bought from my last visit to florida and started all over again!
    Doing Ian Toll’s three boats——- DRY MARTINI——KIEKHAEFER 1V——- and Betty Cooks KAAMA—— let you know how I’m faring!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04ABB44E-FFF7-41AC-884B-7C72DFE8E14F.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	448206

Is it just me being bloody stupid? But you ever notice how any head on photo of any offshore boat looks just like any other head on photo of any other offshore power boat ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Hmmmm...looks familiar. You famous guys always start out mak'n a toy...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One hull of a boat Jocko!...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    One hull of a boat Jocko!...
    Fugi—- there’s a guy over here in England who has restored three of the most iconic offshore RACEBOATS ever—— his name is IAN TOLL.
    No, I have never met him, but Gene Langham told me he’s an ok kinda guy—- that’s good enough for me ! PLUS !!!!
    Those three boats he’s restored are —-
    DRY MARTINI—— Keikhaefer 1V——- KAAMA—- THE THREE GRACES OF OFFSHORE RACING .?
    Now most of you know by now that when I get a bee in my bonnet about something—- I just drop everything and start the new concept!
    Like I didn’t have enough on my plate with the six Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s Concepts I’m fernagling at the moment.
    I saw a picture of them at the mans factory——“ crapperootle”—- I’m off at a tangent —- back on the boats again—— this time its special !,, real special.
    Ian Toll wrote me and said he had four MODELS of DRY MARTINI—-by PHILLIP MORRIS , and her indoors would not appreciate another.
    Now I’m sure most of you have seen the work of Phillip Morris—- it’s almost perfect model making, far better than anything I can concoct, but they are models—- just like dinky toys—- perfect in every detail.
    Now i’m doing the three graces as a concept—- now a concept is from an idea where you are required to use some imagination, but the one thing I can guarantee is—— it’s from the heart—- so it’s done with feeling—- using wood and trad tools with the spokeshave being most predominant. That gives the concept a heart .
    Today I made good the crap glue job—- put in seven solid hours and made big inroads into the project
    It’s Called— THE THREE GRACES project.

Gene— could you confirm the length of the Keikhaefer 1V and KAAMA I think they are both forty footers?

13. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF206F1A-15F0-4C4D-B3AA-19FC0FEC7D92.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	448309THE

Just an an update on some the tricks this particular old fart gets up to in retirement !!!!!

Three days into the “THE THREE GRACES”—— the hulls feel about right, which is always a good sign,I like to have that feeling—- when it’s not there—- I worry , that tells me something’s NOT right.
    all the stacks are in—— engine hatches——- I’m working on the windshields!
    Theyll all have the JRW trademark mount—- I kinda like it, and it’s relatively easy to construct!
    Dry Martini definitely had two different screens.
    found two different ones on Keikhaefer 1V—— only seen the square deflected on KAAMA—- anyone know different.
    Havent heard from Gene—— so can anyone out there tell me the length of Keikhaefer 1V and KAAMA.
    I'm working ON THE ASSUMPTION that. Dry Martini is a 38’ Cigarette?
    Putting twin stern drives in all of them—— depends on how pissed off I get with the project as to whether or not they get gear cases and props!
    should get another full day in the shop—- six drives and gear cases wont suddenly just conjure up out of nowhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an an update on some the tricks this particular old fart gets up to in retirement !!!!!

Three days into the “THE THREE GRACES”—— the hulls feel about right, which is always a good sign,I like to have that feeling—- when it’s not there—- I worry , that tells me something’s NOT right.
    all the stacks are in—— engine hatches——- I’m working on the windshields!
    Theyll all have the JRW trademark mount—- I kinda like it, and it’s relatively easy to construct!
    Dry Martini definitely had two different screens.
    found two different ones on Keikhaefer 1V—— only seen the square deflected on KAAMA—- anyone know different.
    Havent heard from Gene—— so can anyone out there tell me the length of Keikhaefer 1V and KAAMA.
    I'm working ON THE ASSUMPTION that. Dry Martini is a 38’ Cigarette?
    Putting twin stern drives in all of them—— depends on how pissed off I get with the project as to whether or not they get gear cases and props!
    should get another full day in the shop—- six drives and gear cases wont suddenly just conjure up out of nowhere.
    Sorry Jackie --I have spent the last few days with Fred--and his NEW 720S Spyder--a very nice car--Built in England---Fred seems to be adapting to RETIREMENT very well----I have lots of pictures--and no way to post??

I will have to get help from Bob V--a lot of current pics have ended up on FB--

And I was getting pretty good with TINYPIC--!!---???

Ian has done an unbelievable job--and I'm sure your 'concepts' will be historical!!

The specs you have requested are--

AEROMARINE III (get it right, Jackie)---a 36' Cigarette--with a 10' beam--

Dry Martini---a 35' Cigarette--with an 8' beam--

Kaama-
    -a 36' Cigarette--with a 10' beam--

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Sorry Jackie --I have spent the last few days with Fred--and his NEW 720S Spyder--a very nice car--Built in England---Fred seems to be adapting to RETIREMENT very well----I have lots of pictures--and no way to post??

I will have to get help from Bob V--a lot of current pics have ended up on FB--

And I was getting pretty good with TINYPIC--!!---???

Ian has done an unbelievable job--and I'm sure your 'concepts' will be historical!!

The specs you have requested are--

AEROMARINE III (get it right, Jackie)---a 36' Cigarette--with a 10' beam--

Dry Martini---a 35' Cigarette--with an 8' beam--

Kaama-
    -a 36' Cigarette--with a 10' beam--
    Thanks for the spec on the three boats Gene, I needed that!
    Concepts are going to have to be something “HISTORICAL” —— Phillip Morris does some incredible models and he’s done the Dry Martini to perfection !
    Ian has never ever seen anything I’ve done so these three concepts have to be the dogs cajones—- if they don’t come up to muster, then I’ll send ‘em out to Tavares.
    Were all the drives ALPHAS or —— big old offshore number fours fives or whatever?
    Only have a limited knowledge of offshore boats—— mainly through my friends who moved up to offshore from circuit. Bellamy— Richie Powers—- Pruett—- Sirois— and of course ROLLA, WHO KNEW JUST ABOUT EVERYONE IN OFFSHORE. Then of course there’s my grandson ,Ratbag—— head honcho at Geico.
    Must say— these three are a welcome relief from six rollers !
    might not feel the same after doing half a dozen legs with gearcases and props.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the spec on the three boats Gene, I needed that!
    Concepts are going to have to be something “HISTORICAL” —— Phillip Morris does some incredible models and he’s done the Dry Martini to perfection !
    Ian has never ever seen anything I’ve done so these three concepts have to be the dogs cajones—- if they don’t come up to muster, then I’ll send ‘em out to Tavares.
    Were all the drives ALPHAS or —— big old offshore number fours fives or whatever?
    Only have a limited knowledge of offshore boats—— mainly through my friends who moved up to offshore from circuit. Bellamy— Richie Powers—- Pruett—- Sirois— and of course ROLLA, WHO KNEW JUST ABOUT EVERYONE IN OFFSHORE. Then of course there’s my grandson ,Ratbag—— head honcho at Geico.
    Must say— these three are a welcome relief from six rollers !
    might not feel the same after doing half a dozen legs with gearcases and props.
    Ian’s three boats originally used Mercury’ #3 Sterndrive—which were an enlarged descendant of the MC #1 and ALPHA Units— after his Dad passed away, it was 1985 before Fred was able to Market the #6 drive—

Page 703 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 753 803 1203 ... LastLast