Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just need RotoryJohn and Lassie and we got a full house—— we know the old staiwarts like Rich And Roger and the Bowen’s. Cadillac And a bunch more of the regulars will be there anyway. But it’s always nice to see everyone there.
    Just got confirmation of my reservation at the Key West Inn ! Need to sell a couple of concepts to Pay for the rooms——- thought I’d bought the bloody hotel when the price of the room came up!
    Still, my kids tell me I live in the past——- I tell em “Why Not—- it was a whole lot better in the old days”

2. Likes GENE LANHAM, OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a “Head down, Arse up” sort of day—— I have four Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s on the go—— there’s not one of them finished and ready to go. Afraid if come across a problem, I do tend to skirt round it and move on. Guess that’s one of the main reasons there’s four Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s in my shop at this time.
    Cowes —- Torquay race on Sunday. —— Temperatures set up to be in the high eighties—— most unusual for August bank holiday !
    Thought about going over to the island on Saturday—- decided against it—— nice weather and a bank holiday does not bode well for a quiet weekend by the seaside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another mad weekend of weather—— it’s all or nothing—- usually piste down all bank holiday and gets fine on the Tuesday! But 85+ that’s bloody ridiculous!
    Im staying Schtum and quietly at home—- just got Tavares to look forward to, my favourite people at a reasonable venue! ... I still liked Cadillac’s place best of all—- with a visit to my grandsons place Gieco at Jupiter —- Mike Mullins And Ken Warby ( the heavyweights) The Canadians—- BLair Rayner, Seebold, Stickle Caddilac, Rich and Roger, Butler, Sutphen and Sirois, Odell and Gene—- these people just mean the world to me.

5. Thanks RogerH thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Another mad weekend of weather—— it’s all or nothing—- usually piste down all bank holiday and gets fine on the Tuesday! But 85+ that’s bloody ridiculous!
    Im staying Schtum and quietly at home—- just got Tavares to look forward to, my favourite people at a reasonable venue! ... I still liked Cadillac’s place best of all—- with a visit to my grandsons place Gieco at Jupiter —- Mike Mullins And Ken Warby ( the heavyweights) The Canadians—- BLair Rayner, Seebold, Stickle Caddilac, Rich and Roger, Butler, Sutphen and Sirois, Odell and Gene—- these people just mean the world to me.
    Jackie,
    Kind of what I thought, I don’t even make your list. I guess it’s because I’m the lonely OMC Guy.

7. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert View Post
    Jackie,
    Kind of what I thought, I don’t even make your list. I guess it’s because I’m the lonely OMC Guy.
    John, I can only apologise most profoundly for not mentioning you in the list—- the fact you were OMC is completely irrelevant—- you will always be my friend, just like always!
    Only today I was thinking I should send Schubert one of the 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s to “DETAIL” —— as only John Schubert can,
    Get yourself to Tavares in November along with the rest of our friends and I’ll let you buy me a CC7!

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie,
    Hey, I didn't make the list either. I'm the other OMC Guy and I was at the first one that you weren't. It's lonely being the only turd in the punch bowel. I just might try and make it this year. As Jackie said, some of the guys are getting older. Thank goodness that doesn't include me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah John, where the hell are the rest of us Good Guys!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah John, where the hell are the rest of us Good Guys!!
    Actually John, I called around and e-mailed a bunch of OMC guys when I went to the first one. Nobody had even heard of OFF and nobody was going. That year I was the only OMC guy there and other than a conversation with Jackie about the rotary, I was an outcast. Haven't been back since. I believe Lars went last year or maybe the year before, but other than that it's you and I babe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Actually John, I called around and e-mailed a bunch of OMC guys when I went to the first one. Nobody had even heard of OFF and nobody was going. That year I was the only OMC guy there and other than a conversation with Jackie about the rotary, I was an outcast. Haven't been back since. I believe Lars went last year or maybe the year before, but other than that it's you and I babe.
    Lars wasn’ t There either year even though he stays in Stuart or just west. He being a spokesperson for OMC racing, plus always seems to have confrontations with Jackie is a disappointment
    Last edited by John Schubert; 08-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I didn't make the list either. I'm the other OMC Guy and I was at the first one that you weren't. It's lonely being the only turd in the punch bowel. I just might try and make it this year. As Jackie said, some of the guys are getting older. Thank goodness that doesn't include me.
    Johnno, you haven’t been looking have you —— I mentioned you and Lassie, and let’s be honest you haven’t been there as a “Regular old fart”.
    Good job a few of us are going to be around for ever?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars wasn’ t There either year even though he stays in Stuart or just west. He being a spokesperson for OMC racing, plus always seems to have confrontations with Jackie is a disappointment
    Lassie is the “Ambassador” for OMC—- carries it to the extreme—— when there are some issues that I don’t agree with I kind of casually mention it.
    Cant a body have a friendly discussion with an old friend without there being an issue?
    A lot more people at the Tavares meeting would be more likely to talk With Lassie than with me—- so I sincerely hope he gets himself up there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whao—- slow down a bit there John—— I was there with you that first year and I can quite literally state —- YOU WERE NEVER AN OUTCAST.
    OFF IS NOT A “Mercury” thing——- it’s for power boat racers ——- END OF !

17. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie,Kind of what I thought, I don’t even make your list. I guess it’s because I’m the lonely OMC Guy.
    Hi John I am a OMC guy went to 4 OFF events and I never made the list either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off

Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Sure didn't’ want to start a “sh—“ storm. Originally was just fooling around with Jackie. Then others chimed in. Lars, not all the Tavares meets were OFF reunions, especially the spring raceboat regattas. Didn’t mean any disrespect, and if I did I apologize.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Jesus wept Pinson get a life—- you also raced Mercury motors (MISTER H. ?), weren’t you always made welcome at the Off meetings—— it’s all about boat racers—- bugger all to do with either OMC or Mercury—- get your Sorry arse down to Tavares in November and I’ll roll out the red carpet myself , just for you !
    At my age Steve I just want A bit of peace and quiet and catching up with old friends .

Page 699 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 199 599 649 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 749 799 1199 ... LastLast