Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Forget it Pilgrim—- there will never be a hard Brexit !
    Irelands not there for the taking—— try it and the pair of them might just get their heads together—- then again religion rears it’s ugly head—- so maybe not!
    a fiver on a hard brexit, too much riding on it now or maybe Boris has learnt from Trump, bargain high but get what you want as a compromise??
    The real solution is Ireland leaves as well..
    Last edited by powerabout; 07-25-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    a fiver on a hard brexit, too much riding on it now or maybe Boris has learnt from Trump, bargain high but get what you want as a compromise??
    The real solution is Ireland leaves as well..
    Ireland milked the EU cow bone dry—- owes too much to quit now.

A hard exit would have too many repercussions ——- you can’t just walk away from a debt unless you declare bankruptcy!
    Its not that we won’t pay—— it’s just —— we will not pay the amount the EU is demanding—— it’s just not feasible or reasonable !——- it’s a fools ransom!q

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ireland milked the EU cow bone dry—- owes too much to quit now.

A hard exit would have too many repercussions ——- you can’t just walk away from a debt unless you declare bankruptcy!
    Its not that we won’t pay—— it’s just —— we will not pay the amount the EU is demanding—— it’s just not feasible or reasonable !——- it’s a fools ransom!q
    sure there are ongoing debt commitments, none of that stops walking away with no deal, just continue to pay whats owed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure there are ongoing debt commitments, none of that stops walking away with no deal, just continue to pay whats owed
    Maybe you should have stood for PM Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a bit warmish here——- hottest July day ever—- over 100 degrees !
    even with both doors open and just shorts and a T shirt, it was beginning to get a tad uncomfortable. Still beavering away at the rollers, was happy at the day’s events—— except I keep getting these silly ideas—- ie dashboard with brass instruments—— I have to stop doing this or the damned things won’t even be ready for Tavares!
    Sam and Clive should be on board Marks boat “Moonlight Lady” heading out for the Bahamas—— hope the weather holds up for the trip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should have stood for PM Pilgrim!
    highly paid advisor, couple of days a week would be ok...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    highly paid advisor, couple of days a week would be ok...
    Get thee behind me Pilgrim —— I’m first in line for that job!

8. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids made The Bahamas in two hours——- water was like a millpond—— the Cummins ran like Swiss watches. Used 70 gallons of fuel !
    Culmination of seven years hard graft and dedication—— building the boat he always dreamed of—- every device known to the marine industry and then some never before seen applications —— cockpit lifts so you can look out over the top of the cabin——- gyro—- fly by wire—— dream about it and Marks installed it.
    I was offered a first class ticket for that trip—— wasn’t quite up to muster—— had to turn it down.
    Maybe later in the year—— God willing!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B19DB011-B49A-4118-AC0C-BC9A40192005.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	445459 A boy and his boat ! Makes me kinda proud—- you did good son !

10. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some days you eat bear—— other days the bear eats you !
    Been bogged down with the Rollers—— then suddenly everything clicks into place and you can step up a gear.
    Instrument makers for the 1907 Silver Ghost were Jager Le Coutre and Patek Philipe —- one of the dashboard sets went missing and was never found!
    If it came to light—- you would be looking at ten million pounds sterling !
    On the final stretch—— my bloody upholsterer is swanning around the Bahamas —— but I should have all three vehicles ready for the final “COUPS DE GRACE”
    Was tempted to post a piccie, ———— have to admit—— they do look the dogs cajones—- and I’m quite chuffed with the results so far .
    Temperatures were down a lot on Thursday’s 100 degrees—— worst bit was the 80 degree nighttime temp.
    Would have gone into the shop if I’d been allowed—— but no chance !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Thanks Fuji—- that was the original launch—- yes, I was there to see it !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t it amazing in this day and age that a hot day in England can disrupt the railway system due to
    “RAIL BUCKLING” ?
    Remember the rhythm of the railway? DIDDLY DEE, DIDDLY DEE, DIDDLY DAH, DIDDLY DEE,—- everyone knew that was because of the expansion gap in the rails——- but clever buggers in high places decided they could get rid of the diddly Dee by having no expansion gap !!! Leading to silent travel ???
    Duh—— it’s not rocket science is it ?
    Though I’m still not watching F1 I couldn’t help but notice that Ferrari are still having major problems— but this is when their at their best—— when things look impossible—— they pull out a bit of magic !
    Well, with Le Clerc in 10th—— and Vettel starting from the pit lane—— they need to—— or just employ Lewis!
    Wonder how Geico will fare up in Michigan against Victory——The borrowed Boats a bit long in the tooth—- two jockeys have some experience between them——-but Victory has been dunked—— all sorts of calculations.
    Kids having a great time in the Bahamas——- me, I’m in the shop all day—- finishing the third dashboard! Have a great day folks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t it amazing in this day and age that a hot day in England can disrupt the railway system due to
    “RAIL BUCKLING” ?
    Remember the rhythm of the railway? DIDDLY DEE, DIDDLY DEE, DIDDLY DAH, DIDDLY DEE,—- everyone knew that was because of the expansion gap in the rails——- but clever buggers in high places decided they could get rid of the diddly Dee by having no expansion gap !!! Leading to silent travel ???
    Duh—— it’s not rocket science is it ?
    Though I’m still not watching F1 I couldn’t help but notice that Ferrari are still having major problems— but this is when their at their best—— when things look impossible—— they pull out a bit of magic !
    Well, with Le Clerc in 10th—— and Vettel starting from the pit lane—— they need to—— or just employ Lewis!
    Wonder how Geico will fare up in Michigan against Victory——The borrowed Boats a bit long in the tooth—- two jockeys have some experience between them——-but Victory has been dunked—— all sorts of calculations.
    Kids having a great time in the Bahamas——- me, I’m in the shop all day—- finishing the third dashboard! Have a great day folks!
    2 silver haired rockers....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 silver haired rockers....
    Many a good tune played on an old fiddle Pilgrim——- Scotty and Marc had their day—- Stevie has had a bloody good innings but is still coming up with the silverware—— where’s the next generation coming from——- your guess is as good as mine——- .
    English expertise is second to none when it comes to top class offshore racing —- and management!
    Guido got it right when he retired from circuit racing—- went into management and did it right—— Gary did it right in offshore—- also got it spot on !
    Still amazed that all the offshore boats racing today are in boats 20+ years old —— in my day —- last years boat was old news—— but I guess that was the early days of R + D and boat design.
    Anyone with enough cash and enthusiasm today, could command a new boat that would piss all over today’s top class race boats!
    ,I look back at the early racers like Gene Langham—— Odell Lewis—- Doc Magoon —- Sirois—- Pruett—- Sopwith —- Shead andmarvel at the things they did and got away with.
    Just hope the history doesn’t get lost the way most powerboat history has !

17. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good day in the shop—— turned up the last of the instruments for the third Roller!
    Getting down to the nitty gritty bits——- making sure each one has the ten acetylene lamps required—— that’s thirty lamps that made it to the final concept—- plus the ten that didn’t!
    Another week and I should be close to finishing all three !
    It works out at about a month a vehicle—— around 100 hours labour and maybe £30 in material—-
    What price can you put on a concept these days.

Whilst Hamilton made a right pigs ear of the German GP——- Vettel showed he still has a spark of life——- started from the pit lane and finished second ——- Verstappen had to come good one day.

Not that I even turned the TV on——- read about it on the iPad!

Page 694 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 744 794 1194 ... LastLast