Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Geico looks like it had some drive failure that made it stop in a hurry?
    Geico crew should be back in Jupiter today—— will give Gary a bell and see if he’ll tell me anything?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely suffered for some sort of mechanical failure. It was coming out of the last turn and then the bow appeared to get deep in the water and at the same time it veered sharply to the right and then flipped over. Perhaps it lost a prop or the outdrive locked up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Geico crew should be back in Jupiter today—— will give Gary a bell and see if he’ll tell me anything?
    Can tell you Geico will have a boat up and running for the next race—— apparently—- at the last turn—- boat ran into some white water and rolled—— no mechanical failure !
    Hes over here for a photo shoot at Fairford—— popping in on the way past!, should get to hear more then!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well—- it’s 72 hours since I started the A/B’s ——- made not a blind bit of difference ! Two weeks of gut wrenching, hacking coughing—— from being obese a couple of weeks ago—— beginning to look like a “stickman” —— straight out of a J S Lowry painting.
    Wouldn't mind if I didn’t feel so damned rotten——- I’m just mad at the world right now—— I need this like a hole in the head.
    Not allowed in the shop—- which I can understand—- but any more Jack Reacher and I’ll throw up!

If Hollywood wants a blockbuster, that Grisham—- Baldacci—— Patterson and Childs can only dream about——- look no further than boat racing in the 60/70’s. The factory “wars” —— the characters—- the settings—— it’s all there —— one beautiful canvas that would make “Gone with the Wind” and STAR WARS pale into insignificance !
    Just don’t make the pigs ear out of it that they did with the Aronow story—— look to some of the old farts to separate fact from fiction—- ——————

To get there, you had to cross the Mojave desert—— Site 6 was the test bed for Bob McCullough’s products—— Outboards—- Gyrocopters—- chainsaws—- grass cutters!

A very secret place and not easily accessible—— just up the road apiece from Parker on the Colorado river.
    It’s a place where a bunch of single minded individuals met each year to test their skill and pit their wits against each other in a sport that was known as BOATRACING .!
    This is their story!

What do you. think—- I’m sure if Butler—— Rich and Roger got together—— sat down and talked some—— a great story would be forthcoming
    Characters——- many of them dead and buried—— I reckon we had more of those than any other sport———- how can you top guys like Pruett —— Langham—- Jimbo and Norsekog?

5. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about a turd in a punch bowl—- that’s it—— I’m off back to bed for the duration!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Talk about a turd in a punch bowl—- that’s it—— I’m off back to bed for the duration!
    Hope it ain't the 'Horrible Hanover Flu'---Jackie---lasts for months

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Hope it ain't the 'Horrible Hanover Flu'---Jackie---lasts for months
    Dont know exactly what it is Gene—— Had it for sixteen days—— started with a sore throat—— then an annoying throat tickle——— then I started coughing like I just invented it—— sinuses full to busting
    10 handkerchiefs a day and a box of Kleenex——— totally whacked——— whole body aching——- felt like I had “FLU” ( in the middle of summer) ?sq
    jubilee clip round my head was getting tighter———the caves behind my eyes were aching and the two balloons behind my nose were throbbing and full of mucus.
    if the above symptoms sound anything like “ Hanover Flu” Then I got it !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jackie, hope you get to feeling better soon. 2 weeks is long enough to get over anything.
    The "Wheel Man" of the Sunshine Syndicate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEGATOR View Post
    jackie, hope you get to feeling better soon. 2 weeks is long enough to get over anything.
    Thats what I thought Jim——but it’s getting on for three weeks now—-and I still feel like a bag of crap—— done the night nurse——- antibiotics—- the whole nine yards—— taken everyone’s advice—- including the doctors——-because everybody is much more knowledgeable than me.
    By the way Jim, Kathy Smith says hi. Finally caught up with her nearly fifty years on!
    ThroughS&F admin in fact ?

11. Thanks OLEGATOR thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie ...That night-nurse stuff is good enough for propping the bedroom door open nowt else, it dries up all the snot in head hence the blocked sinuses..Try SUDAFED PAIN & PRESSURE.....ignore the dosage instructions as per normal...Swig plenty of water that helps flush all the s++t out.

I had this virus... it's a bast**rd it goes eventually as does everything, but you you have to fight it all the way.....................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie ...That night-nurse stuff is good enough for propping the bedroom door open nowt else, it dries up all the snot in head hence the blocked sinuses..Try SUDAFED PAIN & PRESSURE.....ignore the dosage instructions as per normal...Swig plenty of water that helps flush all the s++t out.

I had this virus... it's a bast**rd it goes eventually as does everything, but you you have to fight it all the way.....................
    Like I said before—— they are amongst us—— who are they —— know better than doctors—— can cure you by simply looking it up on the dot- dot !
    Everybody is a doctor these days—— used to be, you went to university, got your doctors degree—— went to Guys— or Thomases for a couple of years to get some experience——- over a period of nine or ten years.
    Finally, you know enough to be called a doctor——- that was way back when—- before Pontius was a Pilate!
    Today—— you just need to be a “GEEK”—- or computer literate——- you don’t even need to have that most elusive product——- the thing every parent and teacher used to drum into you all the time, but now seems gone forever ———— a little bit of “COMMON SENSE”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seebold told me he would call from Bay City—— Saturday night and still no call .
    Mind you—- like all the old farts—- he has a wealth of knowledge that can be called on anytime by anyone.
    He always was one to give a helping hand when it was needed!

Slept-in my own bed last night—— first time in over two weeks—— Tomorrow is the last day of the anti biotics. Confess to feeling a tad improved——- only three bouts of coughing all night——- actually did get a few hours ZZZZZZZZZ.

Poked my head round the shop door——- took one look at the chaos in there, beat a rapid retreat. Need to be on top form before tackling that !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t watched a Grand Prix all year—— today is the British Grand Prix at Silverstone——- went to the 2012 event—— courtesy of my daughter Sam for my 80th birthday !
    Amazing how Hamilton gets slated for only coming second in qualifying and by 6 millionth of a second!
    If he wins the championship this year—— Ferrari will come hunting——- they need his input to put a package together and climb back to the top.
    Up to now this season—— they’ve only been “ALSO RANS” —— that reverberates throughout the whole of F1.
    Must be on the mend if I can even be bothered to mention F1 car racing !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamilton went and did it again——- 80 career wins ——- 6 times winner of the British Grand Prix—- Charles Lecrerc is obviously the new number one for Ferrari——- Vettel had a mad fit of depression after being overtaken By Verstappen?
    Just Like Schumacher did in his retirement year, Vettels making elementary mistakes—— no longer the force he used to be !
    Me myself enjoyed watching—— really close racing all the way down the line!
    Lewis is 39 points clear leading The championship—— Oy Yes, Timbo—— you see the way he wrapped the union jack round him after the win——- told you before ——- English men really do love this little old country of ours ????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t usually get to watch this much sport in a year——- switched over to watch the men’s singles final at Wimbledon——WOW. WHAT A MATCH—— Longest men’s singles in tennis history—— over five hours to get a result .
    Then the Cricket World Cup——- What a-nail biting finish—— haven’t enjoyed myself so much in years——armchair sport was never one of my things—- would do it more often if I could be guaranteed shows like this.
    May just get a couple of hours in the shop tomorrow—— checkover at the surgery then the days my own! Antibiotics are done—— I can have a glass or three of wine from tomorrow on !

Page 690 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 190 590 640 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 740 790 1190 ... LastLast