5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F51E027-123C-4ECE-A0B4-A1CD4F544BC4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	443629

Hey Gene—— something here I thought might just appeal to you?______ Australian, seats eight legless dwarfs —— nine if you count the co-pilot ! Top end ? —— just a tad under 300 mph—— range—1800 Miles.
    Does look the Biz though——-at around the £5:7 million, it bloody well ought to !
    Last edited by jackiewilson; 07-06-2019 at 10:03 AM.

2. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beauty, Eh?!…

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    what is it?
    Believe they call em “ AEROPLANES” Pilgrim!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F51E027-123C-4ECE-A0B4-A1CD4F544BC4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	443629

Hey Gene—— something here I thought might just appeal to you?______ Australian, seats eight legless dwarfs —— nine if you count the co-pilot ! Top end ? —— just a tad under 300 mph—— range—1800 Miles.
    Does look the Biz though——-at around the £5:7 million, it bloody well ought to !
    Thanks Jackie---BEAUTIFUL Aircraft!! PC-12--built in Switzerland

I got to fly one to Denver a few months ago--NG model--'Next Generation'---which means you must go to school to figure out how to program the onboard computer--

7. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just flung in the Aussie connection to get things moving——— beautiful build———typical Swiss craftsmanship!
    Reminded me of a grown up “ MALIBUSTANG “
    Apparently there are more of these flying in Australia than anywhere else in the world——- guess there must be more money in sheep than I thought! Gene?

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I mouth off a tad—— but I mean well!—— so what I’m about to say , you should heed!
    Doesnt matter where you are—- or who you are—— I can say this without fear of contradiction—— and from experience——— just ONCE in your life, take a trip to GOODWOOD!!
    Make it top of your to-do list !
    There is no other place in the world that comes even remotely close to it——- a few thousand acres of Sussex countryside which incorporates the “ GOODWOOD RACING CIRCUIT——— the HILL CLIMB—— the RALLY AND FOREST CICUIT—— Goodwood horse racing circuit ( glorious Goodwood)——two magnificent golf courses——- Goodwood airfield——- ( yes it does have a resident Spitfire) ——— Goodwood health and Spa——— Hotel and Restaurants——- The Kennels £10,000 a night ( but you do have your own Butler).
    Helicopter area had a takeoff or landing every thirty seconds over a twelve hour day.

His Grace—- The Earl of March runs the place like Cape Canaveral wishes it could !
    Then there’s that special bit—— the bit that no amount of money on earth can buy——- it's the friendliest place on God’s earth——- they even cater for folks like me——— well past my sell by date and a-tad cranky, but welcome!
    You can walk around with sheiks—- jockeys—-race drivers—film stars— actors—- doctors and physicians——- golfers and athletes——- poets and peasants like me—— the list is never ending—— but at Goodwood you’re all equal.

This year it was a plastic free festival——- thirty five water stations dotted about the place—— all the water was in glass bottles !
    Latest cars from the worlds top manufacturers—— Bentley- Rolls Royce— Mercedes - Volkswagen—- Jaguar —Toyota—— then all the latest electric models?.?.
    Vee-Dubb have an electric device that will go up the hill today —- faster than anything that has gone before——— (wonder if someone’s trying to tell us something about electric power?)

I just wonder if I’ve been shown a glimpse into the future?—— surely there’s got to be a better way of propelling a water craft —- than basically five 1930’s V8 lumps brought up to date?

Daft part is—— I never should have gone——- it was my first day out of bed for a week ——- back in bed feeling lousy—— got the right royal bollocking——- confined to barracks and all privileges withdrawn——- threatened to have my legs chopped off first sign of rebellion!

Was it worth it ????—— bet your sweet Bippy !!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECFBA25D-3083-4654-B301-596F4E2FC0AA.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	443681

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to tell you about BONHAMS auction at Goodwood house——- was actually inside the hotel at 6:35 am —— took me six minutes from the house.
    needed to get inside the auction room by 11:30am —— the Cosworth DFV was number 12 on the list and stuff never makes the money early on, so I had “High Hopes”——- bought the catalogue for £50 —- which allows two people in was surprised to see that the auction had already started——- was already up to lot 22 ——— I got it wrong——- it started at 11 am DFV was sold——- the Hart motor had no bids and none of the lots were reaching even half of the lowest estimate——— bugger——- that’s life!!!!! Never did find out what the DFV fetched!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie it was an XG if you remember and it went for 7K ish GBP. The buyer probably already had one and had this one as a spare. BTW what happened to the man with the DFV’s you were going to meet at the FOS?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie it was an XG if you remember and it went for 7K ish GBP. The buyer probably already had one and had this one as a spare. BTW what happened to the man with the DFV’s you were going to meet at the FOS?
    Spent most of the day with Roger Duckworth——- Keith’s boy——- at the Rally Forest circuit, way out in the boon docks———- what a lovely bunch of people they all are !
    We are talking over-a hundred competitors taking part in this event alone—— which cannot be-seen anywhere else except on this circuit.
    I-had no idea this event was even taking place——-. We talked people and places where DFV’s could still be found——— from old and worn out, to new and fresh built——- who—— where and when?
    Then we moved on to electric motors——- 6”x4”x 4” weighing in 30 lbs—- ish——- constant 150 hp with no overheating problems———- ??????
    Wewere among the last to leave———- they were closing the place down——- but was given the VIP treatment and driven out in a brand fire new Range Rover—— in like a pauper —— out like a celebrity!

Legs finally gave out as I crossed the front door threshold—- rest of the tale is not pretty!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day—- head like a bucket of snot—— cough yourself into oblivion—— now had eleven days of this and I finally threw in the towel———— I have to see a doctor——- tried all the pills ——- lotions and potions——— nothing works!!!
    I think I have a really bad cold ——— been over a week since I went anywhere near the shop, not like me at all.
    Now it’s one thing to be “Banned” from the shop——— but to actually not really want to go into the shop——— even her majesty begins to wonder!

See Geico and Victory tried to lock horns——- both wound up—— upside down ?
    Havent spoken to “Ratbag” yet——-so I have no idea What happened?

Theres always ongoing issues after a flip—— especially in saltwater——-you-think you covered everything—— but there# always something that’s missed!—— it will only show up the last ten minutes of any given race.
    Thankfully everyone was ok after the incident—— but—- questions will be asked—— fingers pointed—— Wont be long before the APBA puts a “ Closeness “ limit of twenty metres between competitors—- you can feel it coming in the air—— oh yeah—- oh yeah ????.
    You just gotta love Phil Collins !! —- I used to love “ Joan” —— till I found out she’s older than me!
    Enough of all this—— time to go Coughing !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it’s of much interest to anyone except me——- I got a chest infection—- dose of the jolly old anti—biotics and I’ll be right as rain and fit to pester you all again in no time !
    My youngest grandson Oscar was eighteen yesterday———brother Joe got back from South America just in time —- big brother George flew in from California to make his day complete !
    Today they fly out to Amsterdam for a little light entertainment and a few Amstel Pils !
    Ill maybe get to talk to Gary Tomorrow and find out what the problem was in Sarasota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened in Sarasota was like something out of the Twilight Zone. Geico was coming out of the last turn trying to make a move on Victory and suddenly rolled. Then Victory, going down the final straightaway, rolled. The two had no contact. The video footage is below.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news...ith-2-crashes/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    What happened in Sarasota was like something out of the Twilight Zone. Geico was coming out of the last turn trying to make a move on Victory and suddenly rolled. Then Victory, going down the final straightaway, rolled. The two had no contact. The video footage is below.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news...ith-2-crashes/
    Many thanks for that Bob——- Afraid the contents are not available in Europe !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Many thanks for that Bob——- Afraid the contents are not available in Europe !
    Geico looks like it had some drive failure that made it stop in a hurry?

Page 689 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 739 789 1189 ... LastLast