Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vettel had the easier race...clean air and just managing his race. Hamilton had to run in dirty air and manage his aero/tires and cooling. Hey, like they say now-a-days: controversy is good publicity right? It has us yacking about it.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No such thing as bad publicity———— contrive. It ——- fabricate it—— Trump has a word for it “FAKE NEWS”!
    Lets face it——- Ferrari have always been given the lions share of the pot——— but they’re not coming up with the goods——- something’s got to give !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did I read Lewis said they should go back to V10's?
    at least v8's bigger tyres, less aero.

Have you seen the size of the F5000 grids lately!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    did I read Lewis said they should go back to V10's?
    at least v8's bigger tyres, less aero.

Have you seen the size of the F5000 grids lately!!
    know nothing about that Pilgrim———- Ilmor seem to be making a good living from a V10——- and they’re based in the USA. Seem to recollect that they can chuck out in excess of 1.000hp without too much effort.
    But if you want to know figures, I’m sure Hawkeye can fill in the details !
    Used to follow all forms of motorised sport when I was a “petrolhead” ——- disillusion crept in and I retired to the workshop, where I can’t get into a row with anyone !
    So no, I haven’t seen the size of the F5000 grids——- tell me about it——— French always ran a strong field in the F5000.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see the shifters removed from the steering wheels. That is...make them take a hand off the wheel to shift again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster43 View Post
    I'd like to see the shifters removed from the steering wheels. That is...make them take a hand off the wheel to shift again.
    Dont think that will happen—— paddles are a part of everyday motoring these days—— drivers are like footballers——overpaid prima donns’s —- a million a month is piss poor pay in this day and age for a spoiled rotten “sportsman” ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Dont think that will happen—— paddles are a part of everyday motoring these days—— drivers are like footballers——overpaid prima donns’s —- a million a month is piss poor pay in this day and age for a spoiled rotten “sportsman” ???
    actually Lewis said that I think to make it a drivers car?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    know nothing about that Pilgrim———- Ilmor seem to be making a good living from a V10——- and they’re based in the USA. Seem to recollect that they can chuck out in excess of 1.000hp without too much effort.
    But if you want to know figures, I’m sure Hawkeye can fill in the details !
    Used to follow all forms of motorised sport when I was a “petrolhead” ——- disillusion crept in and I retired to the workshop, where I can’t get into a row with anyone !
    So no, I haven’t seen the size of the F5000 grids——- tell me about it——— French always ran a strong field in the F5000.
    https://www.myf5000.com/reunion.html
    http://www.f5000.co.nz/news/20142015...2015-festival/

the retro stuff is getting more popular as the kids that grew up with it are now in the money
    We have a 70's touring car races in OZ also very popular
    https://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    https://www.myf5000.com/reunion.html
    http://www.f5000.co.nz/news/20142015...2015-festival/

the retro stuff is getting more popular as the kids that grew up with it are now in the money
    We have a 70's touring car races in OZ also very popular
    https://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/
    Retro and antique racing is what pushed the price of the Cosworth DFV out the window——- can’t see us ever putting the Cosworth back together “as it was” !
    Considered various options, but it would be a slap in the face to put any other motor in it ——- bit like putting your granny in a bikini ?
    Youll have to forgive me Pilgrim——- I was getting confused with F3000 and F5000——- it’s easily done these days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retro and antique racing is what pushed the price of the Cosworth DFV out the window——- can’t see us ever putting the Cosworth back together “as it was” !
    Considered various options, but it would be a slap in the face to put any other motor in it ——- bit like putting your granny in a bikini ?
    Youll have to forgive me Pilgrim——- I was getting confused with F3000 and F5000——- it’s easily done these days.
    F 5000 was/is modified car engines, mostly chevs, some fords and some aluminium stuff and the Repco Holden V8 hence its very simple to put one together today.
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-14-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ate bear in large quantities yesterday———— made all five wheels for the Silver Ghost—- Or most of the component parts thereof.
    What started out as a single car project has escalated into a fleet of three ROLLS ROYCE SILVER GHOSTS——— Best——- Better—- and better still, just like in the Antiques Road Show.
    Then to cap it all I get an email from a very dear friend I haven’t heard from in forty years—- thanks to Greg Terzian ?
    Get to Englewood or Tavares in November and I’ll buy you the best dinner in town Greg.
    All set for a very damp weekend—— but come next week—- summer should be back. Off To Cherbourg on Tuesday to catch up with Tiny and Leo our Dutch friends——- only for a couple of days ! Change is as good as a rest!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooking with gas——- Hauling Mail——-Sh-t off’n a Teflon coated shovel——- sparks were flying today—— and better still, things were going right for a change !
    Kinda got a new spring in the step——- can’t wipe the silly grin off my face—- I am invincible!!!

Got something in my shop that you can bet the farm on ———- nobody — anywhere in the world, has three Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’S————- it’s the most valuable motor in the world today ( last estimate was £74 million) ———- now that is serious GELT !
    See Rich—— I Told you it was a bloody good investment——

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at the engine cover and decided I didn’t like it—— so I threw it in the bin and started afresh.
    It takes me all day to construct one of these———- starts off with a stainless steel hinge —- then bend it both sides —- polish it before putting the 200 rivets —- etc etc.
    Not even back to where I started this morning—— Somedays the bear eats you !
    May have to step back a ways—— it’s Father’s Day tomorrow here in England—— not that it’s any different to any other day for me. Might get a phone call from one —- or if I’m really lucky, even two of my kids towish me a nice day.
    My expectancy level is low these days !

Took me six months to do Rich’s Silver Ghost——- but that did include the wing and the trailer.
    Been on the current model for two months already——- but there are three of them !
    BASIC——- BETTER—- then BEST .?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well—— Father’s Day came and went—-did get a phone call from one of my kids ( Boo ) offering her condolences for Father’s Day, but I had a good morning in the shop—— came in for lunch and never went back out again.
    Picked up a James Patterson book and read it for a while before I realised I’d read it before, very rarely do I ever read a book twice——- not enough time left in my life to do that !
    Jumped into the trusty Lexus 450 sport Hybrid and went round to see daughter Sam——- Nobody home——- bollocks—— that was a waste of time.
    So, I came and had a swift glass of wine—— some Palma Ham and a half dozen asparagus tips in butter—— suddenly the worlds a lot brighter place !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s me out of here for a couple of days—- just walked out of the shop and didn’t look back— if anyone breaks into there, they would walk out a stark staring lunatic !
    Theres no one in the world but me knows what fits where and when—— nothing worth stealing—— nothing finished——- it would be ok to leave the doors wide open and the lights on—- it would drive a normal person totally insane !

Page 683 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 183 583 633 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 733 783 1183 ... LastLast