Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap weekend so far——— Miss Geico ran over a log at the Lake of the Ozarks, kinda bent one of props a little out of shape.
    Then Lou’s beloved SPURS went and lost 2-1 to Liverpool in the champions league final in Madrid.
    Will be a long, quiet flight home tonight .
    Im at a kind of “Impasse” with the Silver Ghost project——— the acetylene lamps ( 10 to each concept) are not exactly going to plan. Once I’ve got a couple right, the rest will be a piece of cake!
    So switched to doing the gear shift quadrants for the gear lever and hand brake—— bastard fought me every inch of the way !
    So, I walked away from the shop——- let things stew for a while—-dare not let her majesty see my multi coloured body——- she would have a dicky fit and throw one of her famous’ WOBBLY ‘s. .Best if I suffer in silence and pretend all's well and lovely!
    Turns out yesterday was the hottest day of the year——89 degree’s——- a good day to keep your shirt on.
    Progress pictures never go down well, So. I didn’t bother——- have to be a lot further advanced than I am at the minute, so it will be a couple of weeks yet . That’s being supremely optimistic.—— good thing is——- I can do a “LASSE” , bore y’all to tears and piss you off into the bargain by rambling on forever about nothing in particular and post ten old piccies a day about the way we were back then!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I might look up my two oldest friends——— Keith and Margaret Tempest, Bought my first real motorbike from Keith in 1950—- a 1949 Triumph Speed twin—— sprung hub —— the lot ! Joined the gang of guys and dolls. (12 bikes and 12 girls) and went off all over Yorkshire every weekend !
    Turned out Keith died in 2016——— so I thought I’d call Margaret.
    She died in 2018—- hadn’t spoken to them in over twenty years——- was always going to call them next week—— now it’s too late——- I never will get to call them!
    Must be a moral to this tale somewhere—— all I can tell you is, I’m filled with a deep sorrow, and wish to God I’d taken time out to talk to them once in a while, while I still could.

3. Likes GENE LANHAM, OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    ....I can do a “LASSE” , bore y’all to tears and piss you off into the bargain by rambling on forever about nothing in particular and post ten old piccies a day about the way we were back then!
    Thanks for promoting my thread. If you follow my posts you can see everything happening to BRP/Evinrude today. Including the latest economic BRP report.
    Pretty close to reach half a million hits so I am doing something right..!!..

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...19#post3137919

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Note the motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lars strom View Post
    Thanks for promoting my thread. If you follow my posts you can see everything happening to BRP/Evinrude today. Including the latest economic BRP report.
    Pretty close to reach half a million hits so I am doing something right..!!..

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...19#post3137919
    Good for you Lasse—-didn’t think there was that much activity in old auntie Evinrude these days —— thought she was well past her “Sell By” date—— economic reports of anybody’s do nothing for me —- no doubt about it Lasse —— you are a one man advertising campaign for Auntie!
    congrats on reaching the half mill mark.
    if that’s what turns you on—— go for it—— me myself go for quality over quantity—— Taken me a while longer than you to get past the half million mark——so, what’s the hurry—— I’m not going anywhere———- remember the “TORTOISE AND THE HARE” ?
    Along the way Lasse, I’ve disagreed with a lot of people, if I’ve got something to say—- I say it—- if I think something’s bollocks, I’ll tell you!
    Friends I make are for life——- if they’re not dead already—— we’re still friends and will remain so.
    My own views are not necessarily shared by my own family—— that’s the way it should be—- all I ask is respect—— not submission or criticism!
    Another of my sainted mother’s soliloquy’s IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT—— get out of the kitchen!
    Another one of her numerous quotations—— You can’t make a good stew without stirring the pot—— Sometimes I just like to stir things a little.
    Stay-well Lasse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: Note the motor.
    That was then Johnno——- was rendered “obsolete” a few years back, but then again, So was I, but I’m still up and running, albeit it slower and wobblier than before !
    Am still making ridiculous and useless “CONCEPTS”——— but the arthritis is still at arms length !
    Decided to see if I was any good or not—— took on the silver ghost project—— taken me all bloody day to make a pair of acetylene headlamps!
    So no, I’m nowhere near as good as I thought I was.
    There are ten acetylene lamps on each of the two concepts——- if I’m happy with the result, I’ll post a couple of. Piccies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good engine, horrible boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    good engine, horrible boat
    Dont you just know what I’m about to say Pilgrim?? ( sorry—-can’t say it, I’m not that narrow minded)
    Just asking——— you ever driven the P1 boat ?—— maybe you should ! It’s a two seater—- so you could ride pillion if you don’t drive it.
    Yes, I have ridden shotgun with one of the best pilots of a P1 ever——- my grandson Craig, it’s a boat that needs to have its neck wrung to get the best out of——— but then, that’s what you have to do to any boat to get the best out of.
    I do not like Vee Bottoms myself, but I don’t slag ‘em off just because I don’t like them

There are some boats that that look great just sat on a trailer—— others ugly as a stack of arseholes, but perform like sh-t off’n a Teflon coated shovel !
    I always thought the REVEAU was a most beautiful boat——— and the Molinari——Shakespeare always Built a pretty Boat———- but you must remember Dave Burgess was his joiner ! Pugh Built an architectural classic.
    Switzers were classics—— but pug ugly—— but would never say that in front of Rich Luhrs—- Gene Langham—- the Boyd’s—- Kenny Kilson etc!
    Sorry Pilgrim— time to rise, shine and perform——- I have another eight brass acetylene lamps to spin up and cobble together, duvets hanging again this morning—— managed to rattle Lasse’s cage ( which I can do without really trying).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7CA6C556-F228-41A3-ADCC-026398F4CDEE.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	426.4 KB 
ID:	440679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D815890D-BDDC-44BC-A955-00C6AEFE9709.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	440.2 KB 
ID:	440680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DD2E6FA-55A4-41FD-94F9-3C0F3D9E4D95.jpg 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	440681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B63CCCE7-F5F5-4F9F-BC6E-38321C393CB9.jpg 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	440682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93F19D51-4178-4030-A87F-2632E2C2696E.jpg 
Size:	443.7 KB 
ID:	440683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF60B83C-A48E-4E7A-A165-36746ACA8639.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	388.3 KB 
ID:	440684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9647E1EB-6347-45DE-9DF1-A3130A310F1D.jpg 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	440685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D3B0A32-C7E1-42F5-8B2C-D11EB6803374.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	452.7 KB 
ID:	440686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51CAC871-81D9-4AC2-B280-19C78B914988.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	440687

Hey Rich—— looking through some old phoggies, that’s going to be hard to beat !
    For those of you that don’t know——- Rich asked me to come up with a trophy for the old farts—— that’s the result !

11. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont you just know what I’m about to say Pilgrim?? ( sorry—-can’t say it, I’m not that narrow minded)
    Just asking——— you ever driven the P1 boat ?—— maybe you should ! It’s a two seater—- so you could ride pillion if you don’t drive it.
    Yes, I have ridden shotgun with one of the best pilots of a P1 ever——- my grandson Craig, it’s a boat that needs to have its neck wrung to get the best out of——— but then, that’s what you have to do to any boat to get the best out of.
    I do not like Vee Bottoms myself, but I don’t slag ‘em off just because I don’t like them

There are some boats that that look great just sat on a trailer—— others ugly as a stack of arseholes, but perform like sh-t off’n a Teflon coated shovel !
    I always thought the REVEAU was a most beautiful boat——— and the Molinari——Shakespeare always Built a pretty Boat———- but you must remember Dave Burgess was his joiner ! Pugh Built an architectural classic.
    Switzers were classics—— but pug ugly—— but would never say that in front of Rich Luhrs—- Gene Langham—- the Boyd’s—- Kenny Kilson etc!
    Sorry Pilgrim— time to rise, shine and perform——- I have another eight brass acetylene lamps to spin up and cobble together, duvets hanging again this morning—— managed to rattle Lasse’s cage ( which I can do without really trying).
    I like vee bottoms
    lets see how the P1 class goes now that its converted to black boats and engines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I like vee bottoms
    lets see how the P1 class goes now that its converted to black boats and engines.
    Dont think it’s ever going to be a roaring success——- if it ever gets to be a dozen, that’s about its lot—— don’t matter whether it’s black, white, pink, yellow or pea green.
    A very expensive obscure class—— just happens it’s got a sponsor with a deep pocket and lots of ambition !
    Was rumours that Bernie was going to step in and do big things——- turned to worms —— it was all just wishful thinking!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont think it’s ever going to be a roaring success——- if it ever gets to be a dozen, that’s about its lot—— don’t matter whether it’s black, white, pink, yellow or pea green.
    A very expensive obscure class—— just happens it’s got a sponsor with a deep pocket and lots of ambition !
    Was rumours that Bernie was going to step in and do big things——- turned to worms —— it was all just wishful thinking!
    Its all about the spectators, single engine tunnel boats are the only spectator boats running in the middle of towns
    It might come back to Singapore yipee!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...managed to rattle Lasse’s cage ( which I can do without really trying).
    HeeHee you are funny sometimes..I cant really write what I think because I have respect for older people..!!..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lars strom View Post
    HeeHee you are funny sometimes..I cant really write what I think because I have respect for older people..!!..
    Thanks Lasse——— I Try really hard to bring a little humour to my thread most days, laughter makes the world go round —— is essential in today’s world don’t you think?
    Germans and Scandinavians are not noted for their sense of humour—— Indians and Chinese on the other hand, have a wicked sense of humour.
    Even Americans have been known to cut loose and have a giggle now and again.
    As I said before, humour is an essential part of life——- always has been——- long May I have mine!

Difference between us Lasse is simple———- you’re Evinrude orientated——- ( Some Might say to a fanatical degree )——-then there’s me on the other hand who just love Mercury !

By the way—— I think “E,C.K.” did every bit as much for the Marine world as “Ole Evinrude “ did , —- but I have the right to hold that opinion .

I have respect for older people too——- ( and the misguided ) but it doesn’t interfere with the freedom of speech or the written word, so I can still write what I think ! ( provided I don’t abuse the normal parameters )

If I wanted numbers——— I would post piccies of dolly birds——- nudes and raunchy piccies——— “Fake news “ is a much misused commodity——- I could cobble up lots of that——— but I try to stick to
    “TRICKS THAT A RETIRED BOAT RACER GETS UP TO” .

Its not really a lot these days—- but it does keep the arthritis at bay—— and the little grey cells ticking over.

If we ever get to meet again Lassie—— I’ll still buy you drink and give you a hug, and tell you what a cranky old git you are——- it’s what I do !

17. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E7B763D-F385-41E0-BC65-546E7160801A.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	440817

Came across this photo of Molinari and Gilman posted a few years back !
    Knew Scotts dad many years ago, wonderful man.
    Boy, did Renato ever grow old before his time——
    One of the top two circuit racers of all time ( in my humble opinion).

Page 680 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 180 580 630 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 730 780 1180 ... LastLast