Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piccies look great Fuji, I like Florida——- but I love England.
    My son and his kids have lived there over twenty years———— my great grandkids were born there.
    My youngest daughter has a house there——- right on the Intercoastal.
    Most of my remaining friends are Americans—— so I do have a deep affinity with the USA!

Had a stellar day in the shop—— just wandered my way through the day, doing impossible things on an unlikely project !
    Really did bite of a huge chunk when I opted to do THE ROLLS ROYCE SILVER GHOST——— especially when I decided to run two of them at once.
    One will be for my youngest great grandson Broderick———— the other will be for anybody that wants it!
    Me myself have never seen a pair of 1908 SILVER GHOSTS at any one time——— I’ll bring it with me next time I visit the States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only take the piss out of the English public for so long before something snaps !
    Tory government was given a mandate——- we want out of Europe——- we didn’t want to know how, or the cost, or the difficulties——- we just need to leave.
    That was three years ago !
    Fact is, we haven’t left.
    Public do not want to listen to any more excuses——— we just want out, something the government has failed to understand.
    Farage and the Brexit was always going to be the winner——- was just a question of how much they would win by———— answer is———— A LOT.
    GOODWOOD aerodrome opened up the new cafe there last week——— been four years in the construction———— went there for Sunday lunch yesterday with a couple of my daughters.
    Unfortunately, they stopped serving lunch at 2:30—— We arrived at 2:35——— sandwiches were ok, but not what I wanted for Sunday lunch.
    Last day of the bank holiday——— to me, it’s just like any other day——- will crack on as normal in the shop!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be nice to get back to some sort of “Normal”, whatever that is———up to my fetlocks in Rolls Royce Silver Ghost’s.
    Normally I would take short cuts and leave out items due to the difficulty of the operation——- that damned Phillip Morris and his near perfect models made me feel like I was just an old git trying to make models——- which is what I am really.
    Except my old school teacher’s words keep coming back to haunt me——- could do better !
    Main reason for doing two at once—— take for example the front leaf springs——- took me forever to construct —- even then I wasn’t happy with them and knew I could do better, so I did.
    Once I get “into” a concept—— I live and breathe the damn thing—— even dream of ways of making bits for it—— or them, as the case May Be.
    Keep getting tempted to take a piccie or two——- but then I think to myself —- who the hell would possibly be interested in the build of a concept?
    Finally learned how to construct a wheel ———- first you turn out the alloy rim ——- then spin out the brass centre———- then drill out the spoke holes——- thread the holes—— thread the spokes —— fit the bearings—— balance the wheel——— cut and shut the tyre——- fit it to the axle !
    You do that ten times ( four and a spare for each vehicle) and you can understand how come it takes months instead of days to do a RR Silver Ghost !
    Still—— as her who shall be obeyed at all times keeps saying “WHAT ELSE YOU GOING TO SPEND YOUR TIME ON”————​ain’t that the truth?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all goes well we will be in London a week from Monday. Going to do some of the usual tourist stuff and also visit the museum at the air base my Dad flew his missions from. This will be my first time over there. Wish me luck driving on the other side of the street. Decided to rent an automatic transmission car in spite of the upcharge to help with this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A warm welcome to our country Sir, I hope you all enjoy your stay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    If all goes well we will be in London a week from Monday. Going to do some of the usual tourist stuff and also visit the museum at the air base my Dad flew his missions from. This will be my first time over there. Wish me luck driving on the other side of the street. Decided to rent an automatic transmission car in spite of the upcharge to help with this.
    Be very careful and aware while you’re “doing the usual tourist stuff in London “—— place isn’t what it was.
    White vans take to the pavement and mow pedestrians down for no reason——- Teenage kids carry knives and hurt innocents for no reason——— kids on scooters snatch handbags and cameras——- leave the Rolex at home.
    I don’t do London any more!
    You should be ok at the air museum!
    Enjoy driving on the “right “ side of the road—— even though it’s the left.
    Why would anybody be fool enough to hire a stick shift? Auto boxes ( even on a polo Vee-dub ) can shift into ten different modes———- something even a half decent driver will never master.
    If you get anywhere near PETWORTH, give me a call, I’m fifteen minutes away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. We have been given the same instructions by several people so we will be vigilant. Our travels out of the city will be about 180 degrees the other way from your location. We will be heading out about two hours northeast of London. Have to return the rental to City Airport before 2200 hours because we have nowhere to put in downtown.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C48FA77A-C259-4AC4-91D2-7A244ADDBFE0.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	428.9 KB 
ID:	440228

Found this at the car boot boot sale today——- why does it remind me of BUTLER ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was up and about andin the shop well before eight this morning—— Managed a Full set of mudguards for the Rolls.
    Doesn't sound like much but bear in mind the mudguards and running board house the toolboxes, batteries—spare wheel—- gear shift and hand brake.
    Been quite a challenge running the pair in parallel——- a lot more detail than I’ve ever tried to do before. I don’t do “DETAIL” —- that’s John Schubert’s department.
    Been on this project nearly a month now —— not even half done yet, still, it makes a change from offshore boats !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to tell you, ”I’m off to the car boot sale this morning—— then back to six hours in the shop, you would probably think I have a very boring and mundane life !
    Nothing could be further from the truth———- I LIKE what I do——it’s challenging—— it really is like the proverbial ”BOX OF CHOCOLATES “—— you never know what’s coming next !
    If I get two phone calls a week—— then that’s more than usual—— yes I do have an iPhone—- but it’s only for emergencies———- can’t stand being on it for more than a minute at a time.
    I can usually say what I have to in half that time!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Check this out. There is a Cowtsworth F-1 engine up for bid. https://www.foxnews.com/auto/car-col...ed-after-death
    Last edited by Rotary John; 06-01-2019 at 09:55 AM.

14. Likes RogerH, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Johnno——- always on the look out for a fresh built DFV——- rare as hens teeth these days.
    Much sought After motor.
    But, as all good antique houses do—— pre auction snippets whet the appetite—- creates interest——- hikes the price before you even start to think about the auction!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So—— it was my youngest daughter’s 53rd birthday—- plus her 24th wedding anniversary—- so I decided to pay them a visit at the beach house in Elmer.
    Like a damn silly old fool, I took my shirt off—— rolled up the shorts and laid in the sun for a couple of hours.
    ​WRONG——- idiot—- 87 year olds should not do that—— unless you want to look like a fresh boiled lobster.

Page 679 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 729 779 1179 ... LastLast