Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    “Global Warming” —— the domain of failed scientists—- Wannabees and idealistic work shy uni students who never had a lick of common sense in the first place——— but they do have PHD’s— HGV’s— and letters after their name that aren’t even in the FECKIN alphabet.
    Robin Hood had the same bloody silly idea———- Sheriff of Nottingham would have none of it——- guess who lived longer ?
    Didn't Ned Kelly have a similar sort of idea——- that poor bugger never made old bones either !
    As my sainted mother used to say ——- if you can’t afford it —- don’t buy it—— if you want a weeks wages—— work for it !
    Ned Kelly is in the climate change debate, it just so happens a town in the area he rode, Rutherglen has one of the oldest working thermometers in the world. The son of the original owner is a scientist with the GOV, they have 80 years of data that show no change in temp.
    The gov tried to shread and cover it up so the scientists removed the data from the gov and published it
    Its data not a model
    https://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/08...at-rutherglen/
    Last edited by powerabout; 05-20-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Ned Kelly is in the climate change debate, it just so happens a town in the area he rode, Rutherglen has one of the oldest working thermometers in the world. The son of the original owner is a scientist with the GOV, they have 80 years of data that show no change in temp.
    The gov tried to shread and cover it up so the scientists removed the data from the gov and published it
    Its data not a model
    https://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/08...at-rutherglen/
    Beats the hell out of me Pilgrim——- I’m just a very simple—- very old—- ex boat racer with fairly strong opinions on right and wrong.
    Not even up to university standard—— but I do have more common sense than anyone I ever met—- logic in bucketfuls——— tolerance in spades—— ( must confess that wasn’t always the case ) and a wicked sense of humour.
    Politics and politicians I have an utter contempt for—- full of their own importance, but, tell you they care about everything———- they can lie whilst looking you full on and smiling—— something they’ve perfected superbly.
    Afraid I’m the wrong person to tell about global warning——— Fact or fiction—— true or false—— I can tell you——- it’s got broad shoulders and can carry the blame of anything that ‘s chucked at it. Without answering back ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, something went right with the roller———- had one of those mornings when all went right——- was able to get the chassis —- springs and wheels—— all stitched together and sat upright !
    Next up are the wings——- trying to make each side out of a one piece construction——— tool boxes and battery I can fit to the running board later, but it would be Nice to affix them in one piece.
    Good part is—— I still have the afternoon to crack on with the concept——— no telling how far one can travel on a clear day ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=powerabout;3134794]Ned Kelly is in the climate change debate, it just so happens a town in the area he rode, Rutherglen has one of the oldest working thermometers in the world. The son of the original owner is a scientist with the GOV, they have 80 years of data that show no change in temp.
    Its data not a model
    https://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/08...at-rutherglen/[/QUOT

Big day planned at the Hangar

Got most of the parts for the Malibu

Can't get down the driveway

Snowplow guy says 'too bad'----

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GENE LANHAM;3134882]
    Its data not a model

Tell me Gene —— is global warming snow warmer than the normal white stuff ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned left at the top of the stairs today——— heaven——— bugger it, no more turning right for me.
    Was cooking with gas all afternoon——- funny how when things go smoothly —- production goes up and concepts get done much easier !
    No point in posting piccies just yet, another week or so won’t hurt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;3134889]
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Tell me Gene —— is global warming snow warmer than the normal white stuff ?
    What we’re finding out West—Global warming snow is wetter—and heavier—hopefully filling the reservoirs— we certainly don’t want the golf courses in Vegas and LA to have to ration water——

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GENE LANHAM;3135019]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    What we’re finding out West—Global warming snow is wetter—and heavier—hopefully filling the reservoirs— we certainly don’t want the golf courses in Vegas and LA to have to ration water——
    Jilly and I did a helicopter ride out of Vegas a couple of years back——- looked to me like lake Mead and Lake Tahoe were half empty——- was this from overuse or dry weather conditions or “global warming” or just fished dry Gene ?
    Man I have to tell you I don’t envy you any of that damned white stuff !
    Lizzie and her parents are off on vacation to Canada on an RV TRIP in a couple of weeks——- hope the snow didn’t get over the border!
    Thought you were florida born and bred Gene———- why would you leave all that sunshine ? Just for wide open spaces ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    did you ever catch up with David Parkinson to write down some notes on FONDA?
    Keen to know what years you came to Singapore and Penang?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    did you ever catch up with David Parkinson to write down some notes on FONDA?
    Keen to know what years you came to Singapore and Penang?
    Havent seen Parky for two or three years—— but I can tell you we started Fonda in 1980/ 1—- Mark won the first Singapore race in 1981.
    Penang Race was held right outside the prison—— we had all the help that was needed—— loved the Far East races——- everyone was so enthusiastic!
    I do have the full set of Fonda newsletters——- I only ever give them out to true die hard enthusiasts!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little more of "global warming" like this and you will be in Tuscon all year round.[QUOTE=GENE LANHAM;3134882]
    Its data not a model

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know if it dawned on anybody, but the P1’s were noticeable by their absence over the weekend !????
    Should have been four of the new V8 Racing Merc’s rushing around, with four more waiting in the wings——————- heard all sorts of stories, but very few facts.
    I know the new Mercs are well sought after——- but that’s plain bloody ridiculous!

Had a good day in the shop—— fitted the mudguards and running boards to the Roller———- there are ten lights on the damned thing—— some of them are a bit tiddley——— have eight of them all spun up— might just have a stab at the pair of massive headlights tomorrow.
    Need some more brass rod——- running low on stock, and alloy headlights just won’t do !

Apparently everyone was well chuffed with the Cocoa Beach event——— they had a wide selection of boats ——- everything except the vintage classes——- maybe somebody should start making noises about The organisers giving the old farts some space over the weekend ! Would certainly be a big attraction to the event.

Heard that the ABU DHABI race team liked what they saw——- so much in fact —— they are sending the team over to contest the rest of the series ——— that should be fun——- Geico watch out—— there’s an Arab about !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone’s gone to the moon——- even the Pilgrim—— anyone got anything to say ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this week's weather forecast. 88 degree daytime - 77 degree nighttime. exactly the same every single day. no rain. blue skies. consistant 15 m.p.h. breeze off the ocean.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ships anchored off, waiting their turn to come into the port to unload...

Page 678 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 728 778 1178 ... LastLast