Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Salzburg tour—— cold and raining——— following a racehorse of a tour guide who was on a mission whilst waving the flag on a stick !
    Should have taken one of my grandkids skateboards!
    On the last lap—— one more day, and I can get back to normality .
    I have a million pictures, maybe I’ll get around to showing them one day, but at the moment, all I want to do is crack on with the Gentry concept.
    Still, I did my duty—— her majesty has been sated—- I’m still standing and tomorrow is another day
    ( as old Rhett used to say).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D80127A2-7F00-4C7F-ADC8-83E87702EEE8.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	437959

Bet you thought this was in greece——— well it’s not——- it’s complete and it’s in BAVARIA !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	3DF4C70E-0FD7-4625-B35C-A91AFA6C1C1D.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	438.5 KB 
ID:	437962

Nottoo shabby for a summer shack ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	7015FF97-13FD-4917-876E-9EC929E947A7.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	437963

Not many folk have a back yard like this——— unless you happen to be European Royalty of course!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	11AEDF76-43E6-45AB-8950-D34592EB6410.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	389.4 KB 
ID:	437968

Her Royal Highness appraising “THE KISS”.——- or was it THE EMBRACE ?
    Its one of those paintings that rank alongside THE SCREAM——— THE EMBRACE——- or any of BANKSY’S efforts.
    Do wonder though if there’s anybody I know that can tell the difference between a Gainsborough and a Schultze “SNOOPY”
    Last leg of the cruise—— heading for Nuremberg——- see if I can pick up A SCHUCO wind up model car for my youngest great grandson Broderick.
    Bought one for mark in the early sixties —— he passed it on to Craig—— worth a small fortune if you can find ——— rare as rocking horse droppings!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Got three hours in the shop, then spent the rest of the day at Lizzies, great barbecue in temperatures of eighty degrees in the back garden——— not a breath of wind.
    Shorts in April—— unheard of for me——- usually it’s only July and August I get to bare the pins,afraid I’m a warm weather creature .
    Did you make it back to The wilderness Gene—— is the MALIBUSTANG ready to do her stuff—- you going to take the fastback for a spin or put it on the market ? You have some exciting times ahead—- just get a bit of help with the fixed wing and enjoy !

Returned to the hangar today Jackie--after six months --that include 14 days recovering from the ORRIBLE ANOVER FLU

Just as I left it except for the dust---in spite of a winter that sported temps of -25F and snowpack that was 140% of normal

Will be a busy summer--God willing-----

7. Likes powerabout, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post

Jackie--In our LONG lives----we have had some wonderful adventures and hobbies--cars, race boats, world travel--

But you haven't lived until you own your own airplane---$$$ A MAGIC CARPET!!

NEW mount installed --nose gear attached----

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returned to the hangar today Jackie--after six months --that include 14 days recovering from the ORRIBLE ANOVER FLU

Just as I left it except for the dust---in spite of a winter that sported temps of -25F and snowpack that was 140% of normal

Gene - I think I need to come out there to wash and wax the Mustang. She is looking a little dusty and feeling a little neglected living in the shadows of the Malibustang...

10. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Recently, the peaceful calm and serenity of this Bavarian community was shattered when an unidentified driver drove this race boat across the quiet lake at record shattering speed. Authorities are actively searching for this individual and ask for the public's help in identifying him. It is rumored that the authorities are considering sentencing him to a life sentence on the Naughty Step.

Attachment 438067
    How the hell can I ever believe in the tooth fairy or Dr. Zeus again——-you know it, and I know it, this never happened !
    Nevertheless — There it is in Technicolor—- and no doubt stereophonic sound—- living proof the “COSSIE” was tested in Bavaria! WHICH IT NEVER WAS, NOT NEVER, NOHOW !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie--In our LONG lives----we have had some wonderful adventures and hobbies--cars, race boats, world travel--

But you haven't lived until you own your own airplane---$$$ A MAGIC CARPET!!

NEW mount installed --nose gear attached----

Best hobby I ever had by a country mile Gene was boat racing.
    It shaped the rest of my life, and my sons, and my grandsons, and no doubt my great grandsons, especially the American side of the family.
    It also affected my family this side of the pond. Eldest daughter nearly made it as far as Doc Magoon but wound up in Italy where her husband worked with “BOOTSIE”.
    Middle daughter wound up calling one of her offspring “CASEY” .
    Most of my friends ( which I still have) are from boat racing—— and it’s a pretty impressive list, I can say that without fear of contradiction.

When I see that PIPER tag, I feel for you my friend—— I just know you paid through the nose for it !
    Reminds me of some of the parts ( like bearings) that carried the “GENUINE MERCURY” labels—- I could go go to the bearing manufacturer and buy them for a third of the price.

Problem with fixed wings is you need a thousand acre pad—— a hanger ——- a runway—- a workshop —-a working goldmine ——- and-a tolerance for air authorities —— none of these qualities do I have,
    Kept hoping one of my kids might get a job as a “TROLLEY DOLLEY” , just so I could qualify for cheap travel——- never happened——- I learned along time ago —- and the hard way—- NEVER THINK FOR YOUR KIDS—— they’ve all got minds of their own !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	DF0B108D-8F6C-4325-B459-57CF665892E9.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	378.3 KB 
ID:	438152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0381F986-DECE-4A1A-A11D-9F03F4FE73CC.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	438154

Kind of eased back into the shop——- put a few labels on the Gentry entry—— a final coat of paint—- bit of engraving around the globe, now it’s readyto join the rest !
    Once made a Rolls Royce 1908 Silver Ghost——- Everything from start to finish ——- chassis- wheels , bearings —- even the tyres and upholstery!
    Been making a few bits, just in case I get the urge to do another.

14. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up in the middle of the night dreaming I was going through one of the 24 locks between Saltzberg and Nuremberg .
    If i only ever see one other lock in my life—— then it’s one too many ?
    First time you're in a a 500 foot boat going into a lock and being either lifted or dropped some fifty feet, it’s quite exciting——- 24th time in a week it’s kind of—— Oh no, not another FECKIN lock !
    Still, When all’s said and done, I’ve been a good boy, done my duty and earned a bunch of brownie points. That’s going to stand me in good stead in the future.
    My idea of a great holiday is to visit my son—- get up early and go with him to work —— walk into the plant and see what’s going on !
    Props and gear cases are Marks domain ( WILSON CUSTOM MARINE) , with Forest and Danny polishing and finishing, Kate delivering and collecting .
    Then there’s the other side of the business——- ( WILSON CUSTOM COMPOSITES ) Craig’s baby—-there’s always lots of R&D going on there—— I like to look what’s on the drawing board—— makes me wish I was fifty years younger!
    Then I usually spend a day with Lou and Gary-at Geico in Jupiter ——- raid their abrasives cupboard and see what new-stuff Gary has in there.
    Witha bit of luck “HAWKEYE “ will be fooling around, with Scotty B making the truck a bit prettier!
    Stevie Curtis will probably poke his head in at some time——- might even get to see MISS GEICO do a test run.
    James Shepard (he and Craig won the world P1World offshore champion title two years on the trot) will Be checking that alls well I the cockpit area.
    With a bit of luck this will happen around Key West and the OFF reunion time, so I get to to see, Seebold, Stickle and Serra—— Plus all the other old farts that are still standing ?
    We are a reducing number unfortunately, so it’s important I get to see them while I can.
    Unfortunately —— her who shall be obeyed does not have much interest in boats and old folk she never knew, factories and prop bashing—— so is reluctant to spend her vacation time on something that she doesn’t really enjoy.
    Shop is calling— time to hustle—- talk later. J

16. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever walked into something and been “Overwhelmed” —— happened to me this morning.
    Shops in a mess—— half finished stuff has filled every available space—— half started stuff take up the rest of the space—— head full of ideas has been put on hold!
    Turned the lights off—— locked the shop and had a coffee. Not that it did any good——- didn’t even make me feel better!
    chopped up a few chunks of square alloy sectionand fernagled the chassis for the Silver Ghost project——- might-as well cut out the platform——— found a lump of half inch two by three alloy block that made a very nice RRRadiator.—- might as well do the engine cover while I’m at it.
    Hoiked out enough round ally for the wheel rims——— there lying in a tin, were enough bearings to make up the wheels——- found the fifteen mill seal neoprene. For the tyres.
    So, now I have a pile of material, just in case I ever get around to building a Vintage Rolls Silver Ghost

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be suffering from “Post Cruise Depression”- it’s a very rare disease—— only happens to husbands of Cruise loving women !
    One must beware of the condition—— it can lead to attempts of bodily harm, like throwing oneself off a thick pile carpet——- or foot stomping frustrations?
    Ton of things I ought to do or should be doing——- but, you know what, I figure at my age—— I’m old enough, and ugly enough to do just what the hell I want, ( as my sainted mother used to say).

On the boating side of things, Geico P1 have a new team to jockey the boat—— I believe there are five canopy craft ready to go——— don’t seem like much of a show to me, but, what do I know ?
    Now that all the class one boats are powered the same, it should make for a lot closer racing with fewer breakdowns.
    Cocoa Beach should throw up some answers—— some of the older boats must be getting a bit tired or
    “Battle Weary” !
    Wouldn't be at all Surmazed if there wasn’t a new contender on the stocks any time soon in the class one———- Mark tells me he’s got a new boat on the drawing board—-(Canopy forty five foot two seater)—— sounds a bit more serious than a poker run , but, no cash on the table yet ?
    Thought Craig might have got himself a ride for this season—— but he tells me he’s not interested in racing—- now he has a wife and three kids to look after.
    I used to feel that way about snow skiing—- a wife and five kids is one hell of a responsibility—- no work—- no pay—- if you were “Self Employed”, guess it’s not quite the same these days—- hells teeth, my youngest daughter Sam gets in at noon —— leaves at six—— that’s when she’s not golfing—- which is at least three times a week. Four day week ? Most of my life I worked a seven day week—— how in Gods name did I ever get time to go boat racing?
    Suppose I ought to throw off the duvet and get my rear in gear—— Friday already and I haven’t earned enough to buy the baby a new pair of shoes this week, ( again, as my sainted mother used to say!).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened the shop and looked at all the bits I’d gathered and fernagled for the Silver Ghost, Thought to myself——— well JR you’ve come this far ——- and enjoyed putting one bit together——- then another—— and before you know it I have the chassis, floor pan —— radiator and bonnet standing upright and beginning to take shape.
    Only really got into it because I couldn’t settle after the cruise——- but then I get that “Easy Feeling” —- hells teeth—— I’m retired—— unemployed—— don’t have to answer to anybody—— about anything, what the hell——— let’s just do what I feel like doing—— at any particular moment.
    Trouble is—— I Had this bloody teacher who kept telling me——- you can do better——- it’s stayed with me my whole life.
    Ill get a Concept nearly finished and this fat old biddy of a teacher—— who I disliked intensely, gets into my mind, and I can hear her saying “It’s Ok Wilson—— But you could do better !”).
    Rich Luhrs Nearly didn’t get his Rolls Royce Silver Ghost—— hauling.a Switzer Wing on a trailer because I knew I could do better.
    Thats one of The reasons I’m having another crack at number two !
    I have never pretended that my concepts are anything other than my own idea of something I’ve seen, or liked Or somebody occasionally commissioned me to do.
    Some of you out there have paid me well for doing something you wanted——- others I’ve done —— just because I can !
    Some I did for people I like and wanted to——-others like Seebold, who were poor and mean anyway ? there’s no rhyme or reason to my thinking—— don’t ever try and find the reason why——— you can’t analyse an idiot!
    Im off playing golf with my daughter Sam tomorrow at Goodwood——on the Downs course—— you can see all the way to France on a clear day———- first game in two years—— I’ll go as far as I can without keeling over. Wish me luck! And May your god go with you .

20. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
Page 675 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 175 575 625 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 725 775 1175 ... LastLast