Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    I like it,Jackie--

BUT---

the windscreen is too high--
    I got my knickers in a twist trying to get the angles right———— only way it could ever be put right is to take out the mid section———— dig out the cockpit and cobble the screen shallower——— think it may have to be binned Gene !
    Would be easier to start afresh than try to alter it———- I’ll sleep on it and see what sort of thoughts I have in the morning.
    Been stewing the last couple of days over various things——- my mind wasn’t in the right place for concentration——- I dislike arguments——- can’t stand a wise asse—— and unfortunately can’t keep my mouth shut when I read things I know are wrong. ( or disagree with)
    Trouble is—— everyone thinks I’m a belligerent old curmudgeon hell bent on an argument—— in reality, I’m just trying to point out the errors of their ways !
    When I was younger, if the protagonist wouldn’t listen to reason——— then I would whack him——— that was long ago before the advent of knives, razors and guns——but 87 year olds do not normally go around duffing folk up!
    Afraid offering the other cheek was never my strong suite—— and I never could take advice—— especially from the well intentioned?
    I’ll meet up with them on the road to hell sometime in the future!
    So, although I’ve had a fair few hours in the shop——- I’ve been thinking about other things besides cobbling a couple of concepts !
    I cannot think of any easy way to tell a friend with good intentions to butt out—— without causing grief—- I’m a big boy now and as I said—— I don’t take notice or kindly to advice !
    Me and me alone decides which road I’m going down —— who I’m going with—- and when !

Maybe Willabee Had it Right—— too much bickering—— could be time to step back and give it a rest for a while.

3. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    I cannot think of any easy way to tell a friend with good intentions to butt out.
    Jackie - You don't have to. I got the message loud and clear. I wish you well and have a good birthday on the 30th.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Jackie - You don't have to. I got the message loud and clear. I wish you well and have a good birthday on the 30th.
    Thanks Bob—— Im so glad we didn’t “get into it” !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her indoors asked “why do you have to be so intense about everything” —- told her I wasn’t—- just positive! Not much sympathy in that direction.
    Mark and Craig have been working their hearts out on the new Donzi 44—- everything about it is brand new—— from the drawing board to the construction of the mould to the very latest technology in Carbon vacuum bag packing—— inasmuch as they could tell to the nearest kilo what the finished product would weigh——— something nobody has been able to do before!
    They used F1 race car technology to bring this about.
    You can imagine the pride I felt that the pair of them had committed themselves to a ground breaking project like that———- so, you can also see how I was told in no uncertain terms to keep quiet.
    But, when a few fake pictures appear on the dot dot———— with me in them—— it proved a tad too much——— OK —- so maybe I should just have said nothing——- not my style I’m afraid.
    Official launch of the Donzi 44 is the Miami Boat Show in February——- tests will be concluded this week—— and you can bet your boots the read out will be pretty impressive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her indoors asked “why do you have to be so intense about everything” —- told her I wasn’t—- just positive! Not much sympathy in that direction.
    Mark and Craig have been working their hearts out on the new Donzi 44—- everything about it is brand new—— from the drawing board to the construction of the mould to the very latest technology in Carbon vacuum bag packing—— inasmuch as they could tell to the nearest kilo what the finished product would weigh——— something nobody has been able to do before!
    They used F1 race car technology to bring this about.
    You can imagine the pride I felt that the pair of them had committed themselves to a ground breaking project like that———- so, you can also see how I was told in no uncertain terms to keep quiet.
    But, when a few fake pictures appear on the dot dot———— with me in them—— it proved a tad too much——— OK —- so maybe I should just have said nothing——- not my style I’m afraid.
    Official launch of the Donzi 44 is the Miami Boat Show in February——- tests will be concluded this week—— and you can bet your boots the read out will be pretty impressive.
    Hey Jackie

Not all pictures are fakes, there is something now called rendering where a cad model is put on a background, its not really fake but you do have to look pretty carefully sometimes, engage peepers and brain before mouth (or now fingers) as my old man used to say. The screen one is maybe photo shopped, a picture of you with a no screen boat has maybe had the screen placed in it from a later picture taken from the same angle with the screen fitted, I mean who wants their brand new boat in a photo with no screen and a toothless old codger in the background..... Anyway I thought your technical guru was coming to give you lessons on your new fantagasmical propeller machine what gives. I have a nice five blader ready for you to Push the button on the machine instead of your fellow Scream & Flyers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Hey Jackie

Not all pictures are fakes, there is something now called rendering where a cad model is put on a background, its not really fake but you do have to look pretty carefully sometimes, engage peepers and brain before mouth (or now fingers) as my old man used to say. The screen one is maybe photo shopped, a picture of you with a no screen boat has maybe had the screen placed in it from a later picture taken from the same angle with the screen fitted, I mean who wants their brand new boat in a photo with no screen and a toothless old codger in the background..... Anyway I thought your technical guru was coming to give you lessons on your new fantagasmical propeller machine what gives. I have a nice five blader ready for you to Push the button on the machine instead of your fellow Scream & Flyers.
    Sorry to harp on about this TT—- But the piccie with the four black Mercs was the original cad drawing done by Craig and Simon—— two of my grandsons!
    Second one with the toothless old codger ( who has since got a brand new bottom set of CLARK GABLE knashers) is a complete fake——- the whole boat—- complete with the triple screen has been superimposed on to the original.
    My Technical Guru is Simon, one of my grandsons who just happens to have become the proud owner of a brand fire new 200 mph Honda———- Afraid Im running a poor second in the things to do category!
    i would appreciate a half decent five blader——— the three blade I have is very “ORDINAIRE”.

Now look Here TT—- if you’re going to be COOL—— it’s “FANTASMORGORICAL”!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, do a line drawing of the elevation of the old boat then we can all give you advice on how to alter the windscreen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Jackie, do a line drawing of the elevation of the old boat then we can all give you advice on how to alter the windscreen
    Sorry Pilgrim—- don’t know how to do “Line Drawings” either !
    Had one of those sleepless nights thinking of how to get over it—— finally nailed it 3:50 AM —- how cool is that ?
    Spent the morning restructuring the aft upper deck——- all I have to do is remove the old top deck complete——— stitch the new one back on—— VIOLA—— Bobs yer uncle !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Gene —— deflector is no longer “Too big”——- removed the whole superstructure and cobbled a new one that looks very much like the original—— maybe before the weekend I’ll be ready for a phoggie.
    Otherwise engaged tomorrow——- out to lunch with three of the four people who attended our wedding 24 years ago !
    That means I won’t be allowed in the shop at all——— ?

12. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie..Best Wishes from Ye Olde England, on your big day.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie..Best Wishes from Ye Olde England, on your big day.....
    Thanks Phill——=But every day I wake up and open my eyes——- I think to myself——-

What a wonderful day !

15. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes for the day, we all hope there are many more
    Well st least till you write the history of FONDA...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But every day I wake up and open my eyes——- I think to myself——-
    What a wonderful day !
    Yes it is, Jackie ... and remember, "Like a true nature's child, you were born, born to be wild!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 1.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	429664 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	429665 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 3.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	429666 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	429667

Cheers,
    Mark R.

18. Likes peterse90 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday Mr. Wilson....life was meant to be seen in color and you certainly add a lot of that to it.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

20. Likes peterse90 liked this post
Page 644 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 694 744 1144 ... LastLast