User Tag List

Page 64 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 14 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 114 164 564 1064 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome-----it looks like the "Outback", those branches are as big as I can handle these days, many, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to humour an old fart, much appreciated,j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Attachment 305268

Just in case you thought I was skiving -----well on the way with with this rag and stick concept, found a piece of marble, rooted through the Acacia saved from the bonfire, had some odd pieces of stainless skulking around, a bit of sawing, carving and polishing and something starts to happen.
    another for the pool room I suppose.
    Hey Stevo, Thats the Rabondages trophy from 1971----it adorns my sisters window sill.
    Just love the reflection on the sail did you do that on purpose?`not sure where mine is I will look for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Just love the reflection on the sail did you do that on purpose?`not sure where mine is I will look for it.
    Look in any stainless steel sail and there it will be Stevo, I just wanted to see who would be dumb enough to ask me that question first----amazing when Jill and me go out and get introduced to people we have never met, they all think their the first one to mention fell down and vinegar and brown paper before falling over in hysterics. Dopey buggers!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to get MR. Fun to talk to me on the " tricks" thread----was trying to find out about the SILVERWING E T 79, Bob V found it and lost it so I had a forage and found out it was for sale a couple of years ago for $15,000. Todays asking price is $10,500 ( according to Bob V ).
    This is American race boat history-----it might have had an English motor installed, but I would rate it more valuable than ANY Molinari rig regardless of engine.
    It must have been the V 12 out of the E type jaguar----they were a strong "cooking" engine but the D Type has a powerful racing pedigree so someone must know how to coax the horses from it.
    It will be a great talking point at Tavares in November ----would love to see somebody bite the bullet and buy it.
    MR fun wants to put it back to its former glory and race it in Parker again some 30 years after it was the overall winner there.
    Just got a feeling in my water that boat is about to find a new owner any day now!!

Jackie,
    The boat that we won Parker with was our Seebold, after that win we started on the new Silverwing, and sold the Seebold to Gary Mills in Hawthorne Nevada. The Boat that set the Kilo record was our 2ndSilverwing (the first one with the single seat race deck), that boat was destroyed in the previously mentioned highway accident. The boat that is for sale in Lake Havasu City, is the boat that we built after the accident, it has a Speedmaster IV, the other 2 boays ran a special sand cast Speedmaster II. The "Sasquatch" boat in Florida, is the identical Silverwing hull as our Kilo record boat with a Jaime Auld capsule, with the sand cast Speedmaster II.

I hope that this information is helpful. I remember when you ran the Cosworth at Parker, it was a awesome and fun to watch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfitschen View Post
    Jackie,
    The boat that we won Parker with was our Seebold, after that win we started on the new Silverwing, and sold the Seebold to Gary Mills in Hawthorne Nevada. The Boat that set the Kilo record was our 2ndSilverwing (the first one with the single seat race deck), that boat was destroyed in the previously mentioned highway accident. The boat that is for sale in Lake Havasu City, is the boat that we built after the accident, it has a Speedmaster IV, the other 2 boays ran a special sand cast Speedmaster II. The "Sasquatch" boat in Florida, is the identical Silverwing hull as our Kilo record boat with a Jaime Auld capsule, with the sand cast Speedmaster II.

I hope that this information is helpful. I remember when you ran the Cosworth at Parker, it was a awesome and fun to watch.
    Wow, now that is a shed load of information which leads to a whole bunch of questions.
    So, the boat that won Parker no longer exists-----is that right?
    Or am I being a bit thick here, or did you sell THE ORIGINAL PARKER WINNING BOAT TO GARY MILLS.?
    I have seen the "Sasquatch" boat for sale and assumed that was a copy of ET79?
    Now the antique boat world is a strange phenominum , provenance, authenticity and originality is paramount.
    They don't take prisoners or "wannabes" and put em on a podium, it's either "The One" and worth a full $ 100--------or not, and worth 10cents.
    A good example is the Cosworth ------if it's restored to original with a DFV, it would fetch tram ticket numbers--------with an Ilmor or a hot V Dub -----not worth a light, total waste of time.

Same thing with The Silverwing ET79 if it's the original Seebold, a V12 Jag lump could be horseshoed into it and bingo----you're talking lottery money!!!

Question begs-----which hull is it???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sold the Seebold that won Parker to the Mills family. I have tried to get ahold of them, but have had no luck, so I don't know if is still around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a photo of the old oliver....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    How about a photo of the old oliver....
    I could sing it for you-----------you gotta pick a pocket or two--OO -- OO --------ya gotta pick a pocket or two?!!!
    Hope that helps!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That went down like a turd in a punch bowl -----never mind, you can't win 'em all as my sainted mother used to say.

Don't think we had many "Oliver's"this side of the pond, mostly Massey, ford and john deere , before we joined the EU, farmers stuck mainly to -----Massey Ferguson ------Ford and International, but when the EU started subsidising all things to do with bovines, grass and corn, farmers thought they died and gone to heaven.
    Whoopee let's have a 500 hp John Deere AND a New Holland with a chair lift to get up in to drive it.
    Might as well have a 6 furrow plough and a Combine to do the 10 acres.
    I also would like to see your dad's stack of pecan and the Oliver.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could sing it for you-----------you gotta pick a pocket or two--OO -- OO --------ya gotta pick a pocket or two?!!!
    Hope that helps!
    yep I got it....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things ran smoothly in the workshop this morning-----worked up quite a sweat-----shop was tidy , planer and chisels blades singing nicely------going like a demented Guipetto and the project was taking shape and suddenly it's lunchtime. Her who shall be obeyed was doing the old folks mini bus run from 12.30 onwards so I should have a home run sort of afternoon.
    Shoulda known better, of course when things are running smooth, something happens to screw it all to high heaven, and so it transpired.
    Been trying to get the wood stove guy to to put all new iron sides in the wood burner, stove is French and 25years old but is like me, getting on a bit and in need of restoration . This has been ongoing for ten months now and he decides today's the day. After an hours huffing and puffing, he decides it's never going to fit as it is, will have to take the sides back to his shop and modify.
    Now this does not bode well at all seeing as how he is talking to the worlds number two "MODIFIER"
    led him by the ear into MY shop and proceeded to cut and grind various ends, sides, and intrusions,
    now cutting and grinding cast iron when you are well and truly into a hardwood polished super clean project simply does not gel well------the afternoon was well and truly "Bollocksed"------not only that, my beautifully clean workbench resembled the bottom of a baby's pram at feed time, so much for being a Samaritan -----from now on I am going to be a complete asse hole and refuse aid and assistance to anyone.
    Yes, the stove has a nice new interior, I got an hours mopping up to do before I can even begin to function in the shop, my day turned to worms, how about yours ? MYGGWY , J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any cast iron is too much cast iron. I hate dealing with it also. Mood is much better now because cool weather = no wake board boats to watch out for on the early morning blast across the lake. I even passed on a cyclops joke and Steverino nailed you anyway.
    Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    Any cast iron is too much cast iron. I hate dealing with it also. Mood is much better now because cool weather = no wake board boats to watch out for on the early morning blast across the lake. I even passed on a cyclops joke and Steverino nailed you anyway.
    Dave
    Morning Dave, I did leave the gate wide open for you but you must have been buSy "Lake charging". Pinson and I go back nigh on fifty years so were entitled to a bit of banter.
    Still waiting for some more Pecan pictures, Never did get to see the finished workshop,
    DONMAC must have some free time now and be winding down .
    Willabee seems to have hibernated, only two months to the OFF and it's game on.

Big news for me, Sam, my youngest has decided I should fly "BUSINESS " with British Airways to Tavares----think she wants to see if I am keeping decent and not decadent company, gives her a chance to play golf with a few "Legends"------ she grew up with boat racing, and raced herself in the junior classes against some kids that went on to become famous.
    Jilly just informed me , no workshop today, we are babysitting for her eldest son over in Harlow and need to be there by lunchtime. On with the best bib and tucker, gotta look the part dontcha know.

Bugger, it's the Italian GP tomorrow, will have to record it, will be travelling back Sunday afternoon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Morning Dave, I did leave the gate wide open for you but you must have been buSy "Lake charging". Pinson and I go back nigh on fifty years so were entitled to a bit of banter.
    Still waiting for some more Pecan pictures, Never did get to see the finished workshop,
    DONMAC must have some free time now and be winding down .
    Willabee seems to have hibernated, only two months to the OFF and it's game on.

Big news for me, Sam, my youngest has decided I should fly "BUSINESS " with British Airways to Tavares----think she wants to see if I am keeping decent and not decadent company, gives her a chance to play golf with a few "Legends"------ she grew up with boat racing, and raced herself in the junior classes against some kids that went on to become famous.
    Jilly just informed me , no workshop today, we are babysitting for her eldest son over in Harlow and need to be there by lunchtime. On with the best bib and tucker, gotta look the part dontcha know.

Bugger, it's the Italian GP tomorrow, will have to record it, will be travelling back Sunday afternoon.
    Go Nico!
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Go Nico!
    Nico went-----------Lewis stayed.

Page 64 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 14 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 114 164 564 1064 ... LastLast