Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;3103913]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post

Whenever I see this one it reminds me of three men on a mission...

Attachment 427616
    [/QUOTE. The ultimate iconic ]“OFFSHORE” boat——- All Modern powerboats seem to stem from this one ( Now I just stirred the pot big time)
    That’s the one Scotty Beckovitch asked me to make for him——- did have a chunk of hardwood, but I’ve used it making the new America’s Cup boat ?
    Its getting harder to find a decent chunk of hardwood——- next one up is definitely The Cave Mans!
    Or you might be lucky and pick one up at a car boot sale for for £4, like the Fountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post

Whenever I see this one it reminds me of three men on a mission...

Attachment 427616
    Wow Bob --that was always one of my favorite pics--and 'black and white'--

---And we were on a 'mission'---The mission was always points and the next championship--

By 1974 I started racing for 'fun' and $$$

The most fun was with Bob Higgins--totally fearless---except he sometimes disappeared when we needed him the most---

3. Thanks Bob V thanked for this post
    Likes Bob V, AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest Bob—— I have something to prove here——- first effort wasn’t bad———- Craig—- Mark and Scotty B all wanted the first one.
    I still don’t know which one of them has it————— remember thinking how much better the second one would be.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BED55080-6282-42A1-A53A-C657BC61D720.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	385.4 KB 
ID:	427624
    Im hunting for a decent chunk of hardwood——— I’m not doing this one in solid metal—— it has to be painted !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Wow Bob --that was always one of my favorite pics--and 'black and white'--

---And we were on a 'mission'---The mission was always points and the next championship--

By 1974 I started racing for 'fun' and $$$

The most fun was with Bob Higgins--totally fearless---except he sometimes disappeared when we needed him the most---

Gene - Only one word can describe that picture...SPECTACULAR...

6. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree...that pic needs no words to sum up true offshore.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Agree...that pic needs no words to sum up true offshore.
    How very true Crisis—— that’s whats known as a “Heart stopping moment”.
    Definitely puts the true size of the cajones to the test.

Caldwell are noticeable by their absence—— But I really must wind my neck in—— I’m too long in the tooth to get involved in other people’s disputes——— Lassie is full of smoke and illusions, and as my sainted mother used to say— “Piss and Wind”.——

Anyone out there know for sure whether the Caldwell Billet Motor would be allowed to run the current F1 series———— either world wide or USA?
    Or, what the current rules are regarding capacity—- homologation—- etc.—- let alone hull restrictions—— safety cells—— crash zones and air bags—— life jackets and helmets—- diapers and nappies ?

Mind you—- after seven fatalities at Bristol alone—— there has to be some sort of control !

Ah well—— had my Wednesday morning moan—— time to get up—— threeS’s —— breakfast and I’m good for a full day in the shop!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APBA can do what they like I guess but I wouldnt want to run in a class with a production engine if the opposition can make a custom block and run.
    It would need some serious homologation papers to keep a level playing field
    Then again a whole class with the billet engines might be the way to go then its Caldwell rules not Merc, that might give the class a future?
    or APBA class and Caldwell is the supplier?
    lots of angles could be looked at
    Last edited by powerabout; 01-09-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    APBA can do what they like I guess but I wouldnt want to run in a class with a production engine if the opposition can make a custom block and run.
    It would need some serious homologation papers to keep a level playing field
    Then again a whole class with the billet engines might be the way to go then its Caldwell rules not Merc, that might give the class a future?
    or APBA class and Caldwell is the supplier?
    lots of angles could be looked at
    Je Concur Pilgrim—— no bad thing to get some new blood in the sport—— God knows over the years both factories were guilty of petty squabbles over something and nothing !
    Sholdnt have made a haporth of difference whether it was battery—- rotor os solar power—— in the O SERIES—- you run what you brung, you alwayscould—— capacity rules !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon the next class should be 3.0ltr dfi outboards but modified

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.uimpowerboating.com/Docu...2021.12.18.pdf
    506.04 - MINIMUM PRODUCTION QUANTITIESThe required number of engines manufactured prior to homologation is to be verified by the manufacturer andendorsed by the National Authority of the country of manufacture. If insufficient numbers of engines have beenmanufactured at the time of homologation, a written certificate, witnessed by a practicing lawyer, of the firmintention to manufacture the specified numbers is required from the manufacturing company which must clearlystate the completion date of manufacturing schedule to meet the required minimum production numbers.Minimum required quantity of outboard engines is 250 units.Minimum required quantity of offshore inboard engines is (30).In Process #2, no manufacturer statement or statement of intention is required.
    Last edited by AZMIDLYF; 01-09-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Je Concur Pilgrim—— no bad thing to get some new blood in the sport—— God knows over the years both factories were guilty of petty squabbles over something and nothing !
    Sholdnt have made a haporth of difference whether it was battery—- rotor os solar power—— in the O SERIES—- you run what you brung, you alwayscould—— capacity rules !
    Yah, when I showed up with a 2.5 rotary you would start moaning that its a 5.0 litre LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the Upshot of all this is————- neither Konig—— Tomatsu—- Selva—- Carniti —- Volvo—— Caldwell, or any body else who doesn’t manufacture ( or intend to ) 250 motors and more——- cannot go racing. ANYWHERE .??? What a crock of CRAP ,!
    I gather this is the UIM and APBA in its infinite wisdom creating the demise Of powerboating!
    Now—- for the first time, I can see why Powerboat Racing is going down the tube and the wealthy hundreds are “POKER RUNNING “—— .
    Even the sponsors would run a mile from racing today.

How come we have sunk so low as to refuse people like Caldwell’s a licence to operate.?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Yah, when I showed up with a 2.5 rotary you would start moaning that its a 5.0 litre LOL
    TT——— I have never ever—— or even thought about—— protesting ANY engine—— any time in my life !
    Bloody Rotory had a job keeping going——- five will get you Ten the damned thing would puke before the finish anyway——-
    Do like they used to——- put ‘em in the EXPERIMENTAL class——- not eligible for the overall prize but let em run———— just like they did when the tunnel boats finished 1&2 in the 24 hrs of France at Evian in 1964 or 5 —— I forget which ? You run what you brung———- if you can be bothered to build a rig and take it to a race meeting——— that means you took a load of time and trouble—— and shed loads of dinero to make the effort to turn up !
    I take great exception to any insinuations I would stoop so low as to “START MOANING” about a 2:5 Wankel that probably measures 5 litres anyway !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    So, the Upshot of all this is————- neither Konig—— Tomatsu—- Selva—- Carniti —- Volvo—— Caldwell, or any body else who doesn’t manufacture ( or intend to ) 250 motors and more——- cannot go racing. ANYWHERE .??? What a crock of CRAP ,!
    I gather this is the UIM and APBA in its infinite wisdom creating the demise Of powerboating!
    Now—- for the first time, I can see why Powerboat Racing is going down the tube and the wealthy hundreds are “POKER RUNNING “—— .
    Even the sponsors would run a mile from racing today.

How come we have sunk so low as to refuse people like Caldwell’s a licence to operate.?
    dont worry Jackie, only silly europeans follow the UIM, thats another reason for the Brexit vote.
    Minimum run engines for homologation has always been the way even if the drivers didnt know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    dont worry Jackie, only silly europeans follow the UIM, thats another reason for the Brexit vote.
    Minimum run engines for homologation has always been the way even if the drivers didnt know
    Dont give that old bollocks Pilgrim—— you are spouting out of your rectum, if you think the APBA isn’t influenced by the UIM, think again——- and if I can’t figure out Brexit, then believe me you don’t have a prayer !
    Never was like that in the O series——- only common factor was capacity .

Here we go again——- I’m like a prize fish in a small pond—— one day—— il learn to stay on the bottom, out of reach!

Page 632 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 682 732 1132 ... LastLast