Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    It was powered by a Paul Pfaff big block chevy. Don't know about the gear case. It may have been the same Greg Foster that Kim and Sam met. This Greg Foster normally drove OPC tunnel boats.
    guessing it might have been a IISSM? thats what the Original Merc KT 475 package came with, way back

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	417926

Here is a little history of Art Williams and Sasquatch...courtesy of Vintage Hydroplanes

Williams, Art
    Art Williams won 1st Place Inboard Tunnel and placed 1st Inboard and 6th overall in the 1975 Parker 7-Hour Enduro (originally the 9-Hour Enduro begun in 1963). His boat was IT80 "Loudmouse" and his co-driver was his son, Greg Williams. His Molinari Inboard Tunnel was set up by Jerry Lembke owner of Speed & Marine Associates out of Orange, California. The "IT" stands for Inboard Tunnel, aka "KT" and eventually renamed "ET" for Endurance Inboard Tunnel. There were seven ITs on the field that year including another Molinari hull set up by Jerry Lembke, Richard Berg's IT79 "Mojave Max" and two Molinari hulls owned by Bob Nordskog, American Power Boat Association (APBA) President & publisher of Powerboat Magazine. In 1977 Art barrel-rolled "Loudmouse" escaping without serious injury at Walker Lake in Nevada. "You know that's the gamble you take...but when the engine starts and the flag drops, you don't think about it any more." Art says quietly. The second ET80 "Sasquatch" (the indian name for the creature known as Big Foot in the Northwestern United States) was painstakingly built by hand in Loveland, Colorado, the same year. Meanwhile Art traveled with Russ Romer down to Miami, Florida, to co-drive GN742 owned by Rich Marshall and sponsored by Ceasars Palace out of Las Vegas in the 1978 Mike Gordon "100" held at Miami's Marine Stadium. Art and his wife Shelley campaigned Sasquatch every year, competing from Miami to San Francisco to San Diego and Idaho to Arizona until in 1986's Parker Enduro his second ET boat was destroyed. Total disaster this time...the boat's sponson riped off, what is left does a "360" & an "endo" then sinks in the Colorado River! The crew manages to salvage the engine and fuel tank and Art goes to the Parker Hospital...do you think Art would quit? No way! This time the third ET80 (also named "Sasquatch") was laid up out of fiberglass (not wood) by Jerry & sons Mitch and Marty Lembke and the new 486 Chevy engine was prepared by Paul Pfaff. In 1994 Art and his co-driver, Greg Foster, entered the 300 mile Parker Enduro. Art's business at this time was The Hop Drive-in restaurant in Parker and it sponsored his ET80. They got their money's worth in advertising as this boat, the Sasquatch, lived up to its monstrous moniker by destroying all the other boats in the field in a flawless performance. The huge ET lumbered around the turns but more than made up for lost time on the long straightaways posting speeds exceeding 120 miles an hour. ET80 dominated the field for the 1994 Overall 1st Place trophy. Sasquatch was sold to Tony Sultan in Minneappolis, Minnesota, who bought the boat sight unseen. Art & Shelley delivered the impecably maintained & shrink wrapped raceboat right after an ice storm, towing it cross country in January of 1996. Mr. Sultan waited three more months before removing the shrink wrap and firing the engine. He said he was incredibly shocked at the power & immaculate condition of what he uncovered. He thought he was purchasing a worn out vintage boat that would have to be restored.
    Today, Art & Shelley live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, where they own and manage The Flamingo Motel (www.flamingomotelidaho.com). Lake Coeur d'Alene is two blocks away and they still manage to spend quality time on the water.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suddenly I realise that that’s what this thread is all about——— thanks for a wonderful article Bob, the things old racers did in the past ———- the results they got——- some of their life story——- some that didn’t make it as far as they should have———— believe it’s called the rich tapestry of life !!!!
    People I’ve loved and lost——- those that should have been here now if the dice had rolled different ——- Sirois—Pruett—Percival—Spalding—Kabasta and the dozens of others who never quitemade the finishing line.

4. Thanks Bob V thanked for this post
    Likes AZMIDLYF, OLEGATOR, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one of my forages at the many car boot sales I’ve attended, I came across this old brass sign. It’s stayed under the bench for yoinks ——— Picked it up and polished it———- brought a smile to my face.
    Laid it on the almost finished Radical Radial ——- stuck a huge diamond ♦️ in the corner for no particular reason———— then took this piccie.
    Here ‘Tis—— your Tuesday morning giggle!
    We have Lizzie all day today so I won’t get much shop time——- but I’ll get back to you lunch time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	19A58D9A-6EBF-43C1-B4F7-7AAF9B0CDD38.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	417979
    Forgot to post the damn piccy———-sorry ‘bout that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	Wilson 14.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	413.8 KB 
ID:	417981

8. Likes AZMIDLYF, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just been confirmed that Jack Moore and Andy Bullen will be here around 11/11:30am tomorrow.
    Roy Cooper who is the principal of “Fast on Water” is the chauffeur apparently.
    Im sure we will find something to talk about——- just as long as it’s not Jonrudes and Lassie Strom !
    Half way through the great workshop clean up, trouble is I get DIFERSIFIE—— I fly off in a different direction———- see something that needs altering or fixing——- or even something I’ve been meaning to do, but never quite got round to it.
    So a simple job like a workshop tidy up Never is just a clean up!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatdya know, I finally created something my grandson Craig “LIKES”——— most I ever get out of him is a grunt and “COOL”.
    I have a lot to live up to———- very few people know just how good a designer of all things—including, fast craft and innovations my son Mark is.
    So he should be, he grew up with great innovators like ROLLA, BOOTSIE, MOLINARI, SCOTTIE, SEEBOLD, ARNESON and me ?
    His son Craig is no slouch when it comes to achievements and innovation—three offshore world championships— brilliant designer and one of the worlds best carbonators! Learned his craft the hard way at GEICO,
    The pair of them set up WILSON CUSTOM COMPOSITES ———- came to the attention of some major international boat names—— so look out for some big announcements afore long!

Todays the day I catch up with the Bullen family again——— my kids grew up with Alfie’s offspring—— I did a bit of business with Alf——- but I always made sure I was wide awake when I did.
    Kids are still friends after all these years— it’ll be nice to catch up. Let you know how I get on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a great day with a couple of the Bullen boys———-Andrew and Kevin. Andy drove in the V8 OZ series. Moved to lake Hamilton in Florida to get lots of testing time with Garbrecht and Les Cahoun at Second effort.
    Alf was the boys father and a larger than life figure in both offshore and circuit racing. Ran both Mercury and OMC over the years.
    We swopped outrageous tales for the benefit of Roy Cooper who was making a documentary about early Outboard racing and the people involved.
    Was meant to be just a couple of hours sort of interview——— turned out to be a little over six hours, including lunch at the Fish Factory in Littlehampton .
    Thought I’d seen most of the powerboating pictures that grace the networks—— but Kevin had a laptop full of stuff that was new to me.
    time I was in bed—— talk to you Tomorrow!

12. Likes AZMIDLYF, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Had a great day with a couple of the Bullen boys———-Andrew and Kevin. Andy drove in the V8 OZ series. Moved to lake Hamilton in Florida to get lots of testing time with Garbrecht and Les Cahoun at Second effort.
    Alf was the boys father and a larger than life figure in both offshore and circuit racing. Ran both Mercury and OMC over the years.
    We swopped outrageous tales for the benefit of Roy Cooper who was making a documentary about early Outboard racing and the people involved.
    Was meant to be just a couple of hours sort of interview——— turned out to be a little over six hours, including lunch at the Fish Factory in Littlehampton .
    Thought I’d seen most of the powerboating pictures that grace the networks—— but Kevin had a laptop full of stuff that was new to me.
    time I was in bed—— talk to you Tomorrow!
    Sounds like a good time was had by all...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Sounds like a good time was had by all...
    Yes we did—— unfortunately Jack Moore wasn’t feeling up to muster and never made it which was a pity, he would have enjoyed it.
    Roy Cooper wants me to make him a trophy for the sailing club !,,!!!M! ——- ?? Where did I go wrong?
    So, I set too today——- cobbled a wood and metal racing cat with silly sails——- with a bit of luck they won’t like it, so they won’t ask again——— didn’t have the heart to say no.
    From having nothing to do and an empty head—— I now have three projects to do ——- Ben Ainslie’s new America’s Cup effort ( should go like sh-t off’n a Teflon shovel !!!)— Andy Bullen’s OZ BURGESS + V8——and the sailboat club’s trophy!
    Thought the little grey cells had gone on strike after the Radical Radial—— But they were just on vacation for a day or two! Not to worry—— they’re back now, suntanned and rested and raring to go!
    Everyone gone very quiet—— must be that time of the year——- holidays over—- just need a bit of ginger up their bum and they’ll soon come back to life.
    By the way, picked up an almost new belt sander for a fiver at the car boot this morning——— I do tend to give these machines a hard time—— life expectancy is under two years, so I was well chuffed!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I “RETIRED”, I had time for everything and everybody—- time for family, vacations, cinema, theatre, football and cricket, eating out and a pint at the pub on occasions.
    Time to run a garage—— race a boat—- enjoy my friends—————- Trouble started when I “RETIRED”.
    Thats when the “BLUE ARSED FLY” period of my life started———- there was never any time of any description——- I retired when I was fifty, and here I am in no time flat—-86 and growing older.
    I keep trying to get off the roller coaster and smell the roses——-even have to take a leak or a crap in a hurry because there’s “Something urgent” I have to do.
    I Never go to the theatre with Jilly, last film I saw was either “GONE WITH THE WIND” or BEN HUR—— Cant Even Remember that!
    Moral of this is———- never retire———- stay away from good looking ladies——raceboats—— boatracers —— sex —— booze.
    If god made anything better—— he keep it to himself .
    OR, YOU COULD BE JUST LIKE ME !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the De Tomaso Pantera that made £54,000 at COYS auction last Friday?
    Turned up on E Bay today priced at £97,000—— Nice little earner or what?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Remember the De Tomaso Pantera that made £54,000 at COYS auction last Friday?
    Turned up on E Bay today priced at £97,000—— Nice little earner or what?

Check this out: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...5/1796971.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pantera here was a ‘74 with very low miles.
    Musnt forget Craig’s birthday tomorrow——— I generally remember it a week after the event and get reminded of the fact mercilessly for the following year.
    New safety cell for the P1’s looks the dogs cajones——— with that and a full canopy, plus a new big Merc——- should make for some good racing. Ten of em have to be ready for an early start next season. Must say, the previous P1 did look a bit like an overweight bulldog!

Page 586 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 636 686 1086 ... LastLast