Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Thursday again———- must be at least two of em in every weekAttachment 404631

We have in England a period of weather called “THE BLACKTHORN WINTER “——- usually about six weeks. It’s when the blackthorn blossoms———- temperature drops and it’s bloody cold!
    Well, that’s the blackthorn in full bloom——- above the heather——— so, in all probability we should get some decent weather towards the end of May.
    Course——- it could just be some old wives tale——- all part of English folk lore!
    ---And in the 'Desert Southwest' --Springtime is beautiful. Everything is in bloom, temperature is in the mid 80's---and--it lasts about two weeks--

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 04-12-2018 at 03:24 PM.

2. Likes Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I should be more grateful for what I’ve got Gene———— I tend to take a lot for granted these days!
    You know the old adage—“FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTEMPT “
    You never know how lucky you are until it looks like your going to lose it.

4. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene. I see you have an Arizona "lawn". Have you been in the 390th building at Pima Air and Space?

6. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    Gene. I see you have an Arizona "lawn". Have you been in the 390th building at Pima Air and Space?

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 04-12-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite amazing where this little ole “TRICKS” site has taken us so far———— it was always meant to be a site where old boat racers could just drop in and tell us the tricks they were up to now———-or what they used to do, way back when, or what they might get up to in the future. Well now it’s happening——- so if any of you old farts out there——- boat racers or helpers or “WUOLDLIKETOBEES” want to hip in, feel free to do so ————— and thank you to all those of you who already have. J.

9. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reverted back to being a “normal” retired husband today——— put up the sweet pea fence and strung it horizontally and vertically with red and white string——— got a right royal bollocking from her who is the head Gardner————— pissed her off so badly she cut down all the red and white string———- Tried to tell her everybody knows that sweet peas can’t tell the difference between green string and red and white!
    So, I don’t care if we have floppy sweet peas———— I’m not doing it over again ——- end of.———
    Shoulda stayed in the shop!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her majesty has a quiet little corner at the top of the garden where the summer house used to stand.
    Apparently it fell down a couple of years ago leaving a concrete slab which got covered in moss, lichen and debris. Throughout the summer it’s the place where we have afternoon tea.
    Decided to blast it with the Karcher and start from scratch and create a little bit of heaven——- so far so good.———- you can actually see the old Buddha again.
    Saturday tomorrow——- need some inch alloy bar, so it’s a trip to the scrapyard, after the car boot sale of course.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie...Little bit disrespectful referring to your present wife as " the old Buddha"...be careful were that bit of alley bar gets inserted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phill, don’t even go there———- making trouble where there is none !
    Buddha was given to us by my eldest daughter Sandra when she and Husband Stephen went to work for BOOTSIE in Italy.
    Weighs in at about 100lbs and stands 2ft tall with a huge belly———— been to France and back and is the only silent member of our family.
    Always been outside in the garden for the last twenty five years and gets his tummy rubbed regularly
    (brings good luck) .
    Now well weathered ——-did give him a little squirt with the Karcher——- certainly looks better for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather certainly changing for the better———- Saturday was wall to wall sunshine once the sea mist cleared.
    Same again today but the big ball of fire is struggling to get through.
    Was sorry to hear Charlie Alexander had died——— one of Mercury’s better Chiefs .
    Spent the morning packing a very large Chest with some fifteen concepts that have cluttered up the workshop since Pontius was a Pilate———- bad news is the weight factor———- comes in a tad over 135 lbs.
    One thing for sure, that’ll tighten the Sphinx on the arse of the UPS man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday, Monday, just love that day——- Momma Cass got that right!
    Dont have anything in mind for today——— May have a day in the garden——-may not——there’s about six “Concepts” that don’t quite come up to muster. I put them onto one side to improve them.
    hulls a tad “OFF”——- canopy’s a little too chunky——- steps a little squishy, stuff like that !
    Once I’ve got the stuff sent westwards, then I’ll have a crack at putting the wrongs right.
    Passing of Charlie (Alex) Alexander is a stark reminder of just how “mortal” even boatracers are——- none of us are “immortal”,——- it just feels that way.
    would still like to get one more “OFF” trip in before I retire to the armchair and TV watching state. Have too many things still to say to too many old friends who are scattered World wide——- so I don’t have time to check out any time soon.
    Meanwhile, I’d better get my rear in gear and out from under the sheets—— it’s got all the makings of a beautiful day!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had one of those days when you do nothing in particular, but get a great deal of satisfaction just poncing about in the shop emptying aluminium chinky food containers that are full of nuts and bolts you’ve been hoarding for years but never had the time to sort.
    Did totally reshape a mono that was as mundane as a an Evinrude looper on a Molinari sprint .
    Was-a bit of a bugger trying to remove the polish off it before reshaping and giving it a touch of class, droop nose, two steps, And a ton of tumblehome gives the thing a bit of character.
    Best of all , I enjoyed the day—— just doing something different and enjoying the day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s blowing a Hooley this morning———- set to be warmer—— and warmer still for the rest of the week with temperatures up in the mid seventies. Not before time——- it’s been a real “Brass Monkey” winter and ,the spring not much better. We already had more than our fair share of rain sleet and snow,
    Will be a while yet before I don a pair of shorts——— my pins are Persia White and not something I like to put out for public perusal.
    Jilly still on the hunt for a pooch——- Labrador or retriever—— quite amazing just how many dogs are being sold from the continent and Eastern Europe——- all being bred on the battery chicken system !
    Never realised how careful you have to be when buying a mutley.
    Suns up and the shower beckons——— don’t get anything done lying in bed—— not like in the old days when a bit of early morning “Rumpy Dumpy” was not only acceptable, but the norm !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope shorts weather arrives over there by June.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    I hope shorts weather arrives over there by June.
    Even if it does——- your “shorts” weather and ours are poles apart.

Page 514 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 564 614 1014 ... LastLast