Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have stayed in bed————- FECKIN bear eating me day! ——— Had the “PUCKWUDGIES” in the shop ever since I opened up————- little bastards were in there just waiting for me to open up so they could have a field day.
    Every tool I picked up and used, then put down, the buggers would hide it———— told ”em to pack it in or I’d sprinkle fairy piss all over the shop, ( leprechauns hate fairy piss ).
    They got tired of the game by mid morning and left me in peace to trundle On with “The Sog”———-
    trouble is, this thing is a bit like Topsy’s doll——— it just keeps growing——— it wants more and more stuff chucked into it——— beginning to look like a big boys modern day meccano set———- but with style and aplomb.

2. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent most of the afternoon fabricating a ladder to get to the top deck———- then decided the top deck needed a lid————- then a seat ——- then a control centre———— then a safety rail———- then some leather upholstery——- then a revolving radar on the lid———- then a communications mast and a flagpole ——— and a box of chocolates with hard centres. That’s just the top deck of the fly bridge, Told you the damn thing was just like “Topsy’s Doll “ it just keeps growing———- but look at it this way ———just like “THERE ARE MORE FISH IN THE SEA THAN ————-THERE ARE-MORE FISHERMEN THAN POWER BOAT RACERS. SO ——- maybe there’s a crazy fisherman out there who has a little bag of. Gold going begging and is desperately in need of a SOG.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep looking at Fujimos Mercury through the years site And Lassies OMC Facts Of motors built etc, and I’m amazed at the number of photos, vids, race pictures, newspaper clippings they have berweem ‘em.
    Over the twenty five or more years I raced actively, I never seemed to have the time to take more than a handful of pictures, so I’m just a bit gobsmacked by all the stuff those guys put out!
    Afraid the only pickies you get from me are of “Concepts” I cobble together————- never tried to do any of this stuff until I reached 75——- Then I suddenly thought, what the hell am I going to do with the next 25 years ????————— so I started “fernagling”.
    Been doing it ever since———— no doubt about it, I have got better at it————- while its not exactly Michaelangelo, Picasso or Disney————— it does keep the old grey cells active———- the arthritis at bay————- and stops me thinking about SEX ALL THE TIME,

5. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it’s bloodywell raining——— it’s Thursday ———- foraging day———- I do it Most Thursdays, wander around a hundred or so stalls at the car boot sale at Ford .
    Mostly it’s a total waste of time———- but it gets me walking, not one of my favourite pastimes!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was right——— nothing of any interest to me whatsoever at the car boot.
    Was back home and in the shop long before nine———nailed a bunch of the awkward jobs that manifested themselves doing SOG.
    Not having ever seriously considered constructing a “FISHER” before, I found out long before the half way mark I had a lot to learn about the rod and line brigade !
    First thing I realised is how much “Clutter” fishermen take with them————- you got the boat, a fishing pole and a bucket of ruby-dubby——— what more could they possibly want ? That’s when the trouble started !!! There is an endless inventory that makes up a fishing boat———- and it never stops. Plus fishermen are usually troubled folk one way or another———— me myself think that most of them are as mad as hatters to be chasing fish that can can be bought all along any coastline in the world———- without spending all your money———- most of your life——- pretending to enjoy fishing in the rain——- in the cold——- when for under a fiver, you can walk into any fishmongers shop and take your pick———- COD, sole, haddock—— crab—— scallops—— lobsters.
    But, there will always be a few that need a million dollar fish boat somewhere!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regarding OFF....don't worry Jackie off w ill be on in November.....working on it as we speak.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Regarding OFF....don't worry Jackie off w ill be on in November.....working on it as we speak.
    Glad to hear it Rich——- it’s important that the OFF tradition is maintained—-wind of change is blowing hard through our sport——— just hope we don’t lose the gains we made over the last half century !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Easter to one and all.
    First holiday of 2018————fifty years ago today, the Wilson family loaded up the converted van, hooked the boat on the back and headed up to Iver, home of the London Motor Boat Racing Club.
    This was the first meeting of the new season, most of the drivers took their families and camped over the weekend in a variety of tents, camper vans and motor homes.
    Bar B Ques were lit over the whole weekend ———— from Friday night onward———- Somebody always supplied a box of kippers for breakfast———- I can still imagine that wonderful aroma that stayed with us the whole weekend.
    Lifetime friendships were created at Iver———most of the drivers went on to become famous in their own right, if you were at Iver over the Easter weekend———- you were serving your apprenticeship!
    Ah well, here I go again down memory lane———- the older I get, the more I do it. Wonder if there’s anywhere left in the world where that sort of thing still happens ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Easter
    What happens at iver these days?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know Pilgrim, not a lot———CAPE ASBESTOS actually owned the lake and used it as a dumping ground for waste asbestos for any years. This was after all the gravel had been extracted right up to thefar parimiters of the land.
    Sea scouts still had their hut and facilities there.
    Sailing club was going from strength to strength, and as is usually the case becomes the predator.
    I haven’t had any contact with the club for many years, and have no knowledge of what goes on there.
    Afraid you’ll have to ask elsewhere Pilgrim——— try Andrew Elliot or Ken Mccorie !

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

just decided to bounce in here here for a gander, glad to see your still mixin it up. Happy Easter! hope to see you in Tavares in November! Fun Out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question
    I have not heard from Kay Marshall
    Did she recover ok?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean Mrs. Indestructible?——- Haven’t heard from Mick or Kevin in quite a while———- afraid irs me that’s been a bit remiss———— will rectify that today and get back to you Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    You mean Mrs. Indestructible?——- Haven’t heard from Mick or Kevin in quite a while———- afraid irs me that’s been a bit remiss———— will rectify that today and get back to you Pilgrim!
    Ok great, I was about to email Craig Bailey to ask.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go ahead Pilgrim——— I once hauled Craig’s boat from Milan to Chalon-Sur-Seine ——— over the alps and delivered it safely. Must have been a good sign——-he won the race. Only race I ever remember Craig winning in the Fonda series.

Page 507 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 557 607 1007 ... LastLast