Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 75th birthdays are important and I’m glad I took time out to celebrate it.
    Had three hours in the shop this morning and two this afternoon——-well chuffed with the progress.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damned weekend here already——— hard to slow down this runaway train, once you’re on it, best thing to do is simply hang on tight and enjoy the ride !
    Did the car boot this morning——- nothing I wanted there, but I did want all sorts of aluminium to make up the tower for the boat named SOG.
    Its trundling along quietly——— maybe I’m trying to be a bit too smart——- nothing ventured as they say !
    Wont be posting progress piccies of his one———- too much of the one step forward on this one .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her who shall be obeyed at all times has just informed me I will not be in the shop tomorrow as we are going to the Isle Of Wight.
    Reason for this———- after being “DOGLESS” for the last eight years———- her majesty has issued a royal decree———- we need another dog !
    We always had dogs of some description, either Labradors Or retrievers———- the last pair being Ben and Jessie who both died of old age and living off the hog in the South of France.
    Madam herself decided there and then “” NO MORE DOGS””——- they interfere with your life too much——- too expensive to keep———- noisy, smelly, untidy things——— get too attached to them, better off without them. (Her words, not mine, but I did agree) .
    Turns out since the boys died, she’s wanted another dog and she’s come across this one over on the IOW ———— why thehell she couldn’t find one on the mainland defiesbelief———- Anyway it’s called “WILLOW”———- WILLOW WILSON , ——— she reckons its a-sign ?
    Me———- it’s a lot of dosh—— a day away from the shop—— and I can’t say I’m overly excited !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody stand by for a" new dog chews bit of new Lexus" story ...!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dog comes with built in cage———-minute dog chews SPORT F LEXUS upholstery, it-starts getting fed “Soft” food, because I will have removed said molars and-will be left with a gummy dog ?
    Just knew my life was too perfect———- I was happy with things just the way they were——- didn’t need a “MUTLEY” upsetting the status quo.
    Booked on the 9:00 am ferry out of Portsmouth———- return trip is 17:00 hrs.
    Wont be any communication at all tomorrow——- iPad stays home !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie- You can say what ever you want now, but I have no doubt that Willow Wilson will steal your heart. Just remember that you do not train a dog....a dog trains you and you will be a better person for it. Just ask Gene..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GL 6.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	402500

7. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a call late last night to say that they had sold Willow——- too late to cancel the ferry ——- and Ł86 down the tube——— unfortunately no comebacks for cancellations. Just a tad pissed !
    Seems a shame to waste a trip so we’re going anyway——— some days you eat bear!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Got a call late last night to say that they had sold Willow——- too late to cancel the ferry ——- and Ł86 down the tube——— unfortunately no comebacks for cancellations. Just a tad pissed !
    Seems a shame to waste a trip so we’re going anyway——— some days you eat bear!
    Sorry to hear that, but remember that when one door closes, another door will open. I have no doubt that there is a Willow Wilson in your future...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, today Bob, I lived the life of a “Normal” person———- caught the 9:00am ferry from Portsmouth to NEWPORT IOW. For three hours did the tourist bit, meandered all the way around the coast ( that’s what you do on the IOW ——— MEANDER !
    Conclusion——— it’s a bit like Yorkshire———- the outer Hebrides and Schenectady———— God made it and forgot it.
    Decided to simply drive ACROSS it———— All roads lead to NEWPORT.
    Reminded me of travelling through France———- Start off anywhere on the north coast and head for the south of France, I guarantee until you hit Monte Carlo, all roads point to Paris!
    We never got a dog——- did tick one of the outstanding boxes————- visited the Garlic Farm, and bought, plants and various products affiliated to, so, like all trips, it wasn’t a total waste of time, just get what you can out of an odd situation. Goodnight all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday, Monday, just love that day!——- in fact I love every day that I wake up and don’t hurt all over——- why do you have to feel pain to appreciate how good life is when your “pain free” ?
    Finally figured out how to do the fishing tower on a boat named SOG, came to me in the middle of the night———- I got two in mind ——— one round and one square construction——— three or four levels, not sure yet. Will cobble a couple of ideas together and see which direction we’re going !
    Read the gleanings of a far eastern pilot who was looking back on his very successful career and trying to find out the meaning of pain and satisfaction———- he was making aright pigs ear of it——— take what God gives you thankfully———- why try to analyse pleasure, simply enjoy it while you can and hope there’s plenty more where that came from. Pain, learn to live with it till it goes away——- I woke up again today which is an added bonus——— I’m going to squeeze every last drop of pleasure I can out of it———— Care to join me?

12. Likes AZMIDLYF, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flying bridges and four tier towers are a slow process——— even when you have the right idea——- it’s never enough! You need attitude and aptitude, the patience of Job—— the determination of a dictator——- the resolution of a saint to do “Concepts”.
    The SOG was just a fishing boat to start off with——— then it had to be a “DESIRABLE “ fishing boat———- who, in their right mind would spend a full day on the Mount alone ( I did ),——- who would be daft enough to fill it with irrelevant details like a dolphin snout ? ——— a four platform flying bridge ? —— a fighting Fish chair ? ——— a nicely polished oak finish ?—— and who the hell wants a concept of a fishing boat ?———- Only a fishing freak like the Squirt or someone who lost all their marbles yonks ago would be eligible ,
    Time was cut short today———- had a dental appointment———- total waste of money, at 86 the few toothie pegs you got left are giving up the ghost and falling out like apples ofn a tree in October.
    Icould have someimplats at Ł1,000 a pop————-only need seven of those——— that’s before they get to work on the actual Nashers———- by now I am fairly running down the high street back to the Lexus F3 Sport!
    it has to be ten years since I last visited the dentist ———- oh yes, forgot to tell you———- ho owns the biggest house in the village——— the one with the heli- pad and six car garage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Jackie- You can say what ever you want now, but I have no doubt that Willow Wilson will steal your heart. Just remember that you do not train a dog....a dog trains you and you will be a better person for it. Just ask Gene..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GL 6.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	402500
    Last Dog I ever owned was “ PRUETT”——— he was a thoroughbred Gold Labrador——- he lived at the garage in Southwater for seven years with the five kids, then moved to the farm in Shipley where he spent the next eight years screwing anything that moved. Never did find the time to have him seen to, and he just loved “Bitches”———- day before he died Mark found him lying on top of my next door neighbors AFGHAN ————- totally exhausted and unable to move , He never recovered !
    What a way to go, fifteen glorious years.
    Me myself never ever wanted another dog after PRUETT——— even though he was the worst behaved, unruly, crap anywhere, chew everything, disobedient lovable mutley in the world.
    He was a huge part of all my kids life——— to This day they still talk about him, even though he’s been gone over twenty years.
    Jilly came along with excess baggage——— like two retrievers and a mother in law, so we had dogs in the house for the next eighteen years ——— fortunately mother in law was called to a higher office nearly twenty years ago.
    Ben, the last of the retrievers died ten years ago———— so we’ve been pretty much “Dogless” since then————- but I can feel the wind of change in my bones!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a long time going backwards today——— one of them when nothing clicked at all ——- by lunchtime I’m not quite up to where I was when I opened the shop at 8:00 hrs.
    Tower didn’t have enough “ lean” on it———— wing was too small——— Radar arch all wrong———- nothing that couldn’t be put right if you were just starting out in life !
    Bloodything is totally dismantled——- every last nut and bolt———- now even the hull needs another coat of polish. All the metal work needs polishing——— wrongs need to be righted! All for the sake of a boat named SOG . Somebody—— Somewhere, will quite like it eventually!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Ben, the last of the retrievers died ten years ago———— so we’ve been pretty much “Dogless” since then————- but I can feel the wind of change in my bones!
    Holy cow, Jackie...This could be your Willow Wilson....Who says that a dog has to be a dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jIAdAUjHc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, I have to tell you, the panic is over for the moment——— a bit of common has crept back in.
    Decided to wait until after the Med Cruise before we go” dog hunting “, wouldn’t be fair to the beast if we acquired one then justbuggered off and left for ten days would it !
    Whatwillbe will be will be——— I just go with the flow——— anything for a quiet life,———— lots of exciting happenings down at Ft. Pierce with Mark and Craig and Wilson Custom Composite——— of course I can’t tell you anything about it just yet——— but it’s all happening down there.
    Memyself still have to keep the arthritis from taking over, so it’s hey Ho hey ho, off to work I go.

Page 506 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 6 406 456 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 556 606 1006 ... LastLast