Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Fuji———- you can’t be ALL bad————-just kidding

American army slang for FUGIMO is of course “F-ck you I’m out of here”
    Then again it’s known as “WISTERIA “ or any root flowering tree/plant or shrub.
    Sometimes it can mean “RAINBOW” .
    Most folk have heard of Mount Fuji.
    Now FUJIMO must not be confused with FUJIMOTO which is a completely different entity ——-think I’d better stop while I’m still ahead———- once I get into quicksand I usually disappear without trace.
    Thanks for taking time out on the piccies—— much appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger—— So, it looks like Tavares got pissed off with the old farts already?
    i will have words with Mark and Craig about opening up their shop for the OFF November meeting. I know there are a bunch of great restaurants and some good launching facilities right there at Port St. Lucie, and Mark is interested enough in the old farts to keep it going.
    I’m pretty sure Gary could be persuaded to put GIECO on show for the weekend and OFF would not be the same without Charlie Wolf and the air show.
    Whatever happens, OFF must not be allowed to fall into decline. Let it go for one year, that’s the thin end of the wedge, lethargy sets in. Too many people ( Jim, Caddy, Steve, Charlie,and many more, ) have put too much effort into keeping the old farts alive over the years to let it slide by unnoticed.
    Its usually Rich and Roger who get the ball rolling for the OFF MEETINGS——— so how about it you two ? You want me to see if we can make something happen?——- say the word, and I’ll start making noises.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice Fergy, was it a 35?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    nice Fergy, was it a 35?
    Yes, but it was mostly red paint——- not ”a love” job ——more of a “ look at me, aren’t I bright and shiny with my new tyres and Hammerite paint job”.
    It could be a show stopper——- totally original—— but what the hell, it’s just for kids to ride on and never moves anyway—— no real purpose in life—— just an old fart of a tractor ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had 4 of them at the Marina I worked on for launching dry stored boats and 2 x 135 diesels, petrols were faster so more liked, we drove them as fast as we could, great times...
    ( to think there was a vanguard engine under all that)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    we had 4 of them at the Marina I worked on for launching dry stored boats and 2 x 135 diesels, petrols were faster so more liked, we drove them as fast as we could, great times...
    ( to think there was a vanguard engine under all that)
    Pilgrim, you know what, no matter how hard I try, the past keeps throwing itself at me whichever way I turn—— there is no escape——- how can you not compare what is now with what was then—— for better or for worse ??? Life and everything in it is a series of competitions—— like it or lump it, it’s a fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been “ haulin mail” all morning——- got this crazy idea that before long you’ll be able to to choose the deck design you want with all the gear on it——- the radar arches—— the fishing poles—— fly bridge—- radio mast—- heli — pad ——- skidoo hole——- BBQ holder ——- Frigidaire——- fire pit ——- dumb waiter and all the Absolutely essential gear necessary for today’s high speed existence.
    Just boing my first crack at one, this I’ve called SOG———— depending on how it turns out, it could become SOGSQUIRT———- as you may have gathered——- it’s to do with FISHING.
    SHOW YOU HOW FAR IVE GOT AT CLOSE OF PLAY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Roger—— So, it looks like Tavares got pissed off with the old farts already?
    i will have words with Mark and Craig about opening up their shop for the OFF November meeting. I know there are a bunch of great restaurants and some good launching facilities right there at Port St. Lucie, and Mark is interested enough in the old farts to keep it going.
    I’m pretty sure Gary could be persuaded to put GIECO on show for the weekend and OFF would not be the same without Charlie Wolf and the air show.
    Whatever happens, OFF must not be allowed to fall into decline. Let it go for one year, that’s the thin end of the wedge, lethargy sets in. Too many people ( Jim, Caddy, Steve, Charlie,and many more, ) have put too much effort into keeping the old farts alive over the years to let it slide by unnoticed.
    Its usually Rich and Roger who get the ball rolling for the OFF MEETINGS——— so how about it you two ? You want me to see if we can make something happen?——- say the word, and I’ll start making noises.
    Jackie and the OFF Group: Tavares certainly didn't get pissed off with the OFF group - quite the contrary. What did happen is that the CRA "went out of business", certainly as far as being an APBA Club that could sponsor V&H events. SO, we formed an new Club (Florida Vintage Raceboat Club - FVRC) to reinstate the March and November V&H event dates. Due to the "start-up" nature of the new Club, the November event will be a first for many of us and will have to start from scratch. The Nov. date is in approval with the Tavares Special Event Application, and the sanction date has been filed with APBA, sooned to be follow with the submission of the sanction itself. Concerning OFF, they are certainly welcome, but the FVRC will have to focus on the V&H event totally, this first go-round. Any questions just get in tough with me. FVRC is on Facebook - take a look!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t realise the old CRA went “ belly up”. Knew that Tavares got floored by the hurricane——- but didn’t understand how come it would take ‘em eighteen months to get back into business.
    Wish you all the best anyway——— folk are living longer and getting there quicker, so there will never be a shortage of old farts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02E74250-B987-48C5-A762-7B5834ACF44E.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	393.6 KB 
ID:	402283
    The SOG is going to take me a lot longer than I first envisaged——— I was a bit heavy handed with two of the fishing poles———— put three mm threads into the alloy poles which is a bit fragilistic by my standards ——- got a tad over exuberant and broke the thread off in the hole.
    Tub in the back is to make a fighting Fish chair——— mad idea I know, but think of SOG and Bert The Squirt——- they don’t come any madder when it comes to fishing
    I’m just “Winging” it at the moment——— might just do a flat deck——— might put a V hull or maybe a tunnel ——— might even put a lid on it———— who knows where this thing can take us.
    Do know it’s alread taken me a bloody sight longer than was originally intendedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	C76ADF7C-7DA0-46D4-821F-8633A9C6E0C4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	402284

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sod my old britches if it’s not Thursday again already ! ——- time flies when your not in pain and in gainful unpaid employment.
    Shall tootle up to the airfield and see what treasures are being offered this morning——- could come across the KOOHINOOR ——- you never know with that place——- there’s certainl a hell of a lot of money changes hands there!
    Looks like Roger and co, have the 2018 OFF NOVEMBER meeting pretty much covered, Rich will probably post some details of it before long——— looks like he’s flogging off at a bargain price a bunch of offshore films from days gone by,
    Pruett was once employed by Mark Lavant ? To run the race team—— that’s how close I came to meeting Rich many years before I actually did——- . Had a really nice set up there——-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must be time for a 4 rotor turbo 1300hp rotary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciyIjalYko4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's those Damn metric thread sizes! I can send you some good SAE ones!

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Didn’t realise the old CRA went “ belly up”. Knew that Tavares got floored by the hurricane——- but didn’t understand how come it would take ‘em eighteen months to get back into business.
    Wish you all the best anyway——— folk are living longer and getting there quicker, so there will never be a shortage of old farts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02E74250-B987-48C5-A762-7B5834ACF44E.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	393.6 KB 
ID:	402283
    The SOG is going to take me a lot longer than I first envisaged——— I was a bit heavy handed with two of the fishing poles———— put three mm threads into the alloy poles which is a bit fragilistic by my standards ——- got a tad over exuberant and broke the thread off in the hole.
    Tub in the back is to make a fighting Fish chair——— mad idea I know, but think of SOG and Bert The Squirt——- they don’t come any madder when it comes to fishing
    I’m just “Winging” it at the moment——— might just do a flat deck——— might put a V hull or maybe a tunnel ——— might even put a lid on it———— who knows where this thing can take us.
    Do know it’s alread taken me a bloody sight longer than was originally intendedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	C76ADF7C-7DA0-46D4-821F-8633A9C6E0C4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	402284

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that’ll teach me to do things arse backwards in future——— to fit the SOG superstructure onto a matching hull——— it would need to be six FECKIN feet long . Going to have to construct a new wing and reduce the width of the fancy bits somewhat.
    Tempted to do do a four tiered tower—— just to show it can be done——— what do think Sog—— tower or not? ——— no good asking the Squirt , he’s all loved up again and cloudbound!
    Pulled a-nice chunk of oak of’n The pile——— rough shaped it to a Hatteras Type Fisher, needs to be on the sporty side, even if we call it a SOGSQUIRT———- it’s still got to look the dogs cajones to qualify as “A BOAT NAMED SOG”.
    I got a full two days to work on it——— so as I muddle through——— all will become clear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hells teeth, but is that ever a beautifully grained chunk of oak we have for a deck here Sog——— one things for sure——— the deck will have to be left natural.
    Made a new wing and narrowed the superstructure———- tapped the rods in at 5mm and they worked a treat———- radio masts are bedded in and the cabin placed—————- if we decided to add three or four upper platforms, then it’s all possible
    opted for Cummings 550/s on shafts. Have to rethink the fighting Fish chair.
    All in all, I think I got out of a mess quite well!
    See what tomorrow throws up.?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, tomorrow’s today right now and whaddya know—— it’s chucking it down, call it April showers or whatever——- it’s FECKIN wet and miserable——— glad I have a full on concept to go at——- stops me thinking I might have to throw myself ofn a thick pile carpet ! ( British humour, don’t worry )
    Another week and it’s Easter——— traditionally it’s wet and windy——- once the kids are back at school the sun comes out———- Sod’s law !
    Out to a 75th birthday lunch today——- I’d forgotten that——— hes one of my younger friends——- not many of em left now. Dropping like flies, you know what they say——— if you can’t stand the heat, get outa the kitchen.
    Another day, another dollar, Onivar ?

Page 505 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 555 605 1005 ... LastLast