Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow—— did I ever nail a duesey of a mount for Alex and Ani——— Simply the best.Took me all afternoon. But was well worth it——— Wait till you see it, it’s ​ORGASMIC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie...What's the weather looking like down there for the Members Meeting this weekend?

I'm happy to stay in my hovel with a plate of toast and watch it on livestream, but I do know a couple of bravies who are making the trip...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a “MICRO CLIMATE “ here in West Sussex———- been 12 degrees all day today. Maybe a bit chilly Sunday but then it’s all over ———— clocks go on—— spring has sprung!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that....nothing like a bit of local knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phill, don’t they have an electric car race meeting there at Goodwood this weekend ?
    Putin just knocked off another Russkie dissident——— it’s like a regular shooting gallery here,he had this one strangled ——- nerve gas was a bit messy——- too much fall out. Probably powdered glass in puffed wheat in Penzance as a diversion.
    Whatever happened to old shaken not stirred ? Come back 007, all is forgiven.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;3028467]Phill, don’t they have an electric car race meeting there at Goodwood this weekend ?

Ye Gods....One of the premier historic motor racing meetings on the calendar on your own doorstep and you didn't know it was on?

Go to the Goodwood website.....click on Members Meeting 2018>>>Entry list>>>>Live Stream.

Starts at 8.30 a.m...first race is at 9 Sat and Sun live all day.
    Sorry I can't do toast for you as well... too far away.

Please don't mention the "E-Racing" thing in polite company....imagine an electric Molinari...... on second thoughts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the way of the world I’m afraid Phill——electric everything——like it or not —— from when you wake up in a morning and brush your teeth with an E brush——— switch on the Epad to start the day’s news———- drive to work in an E car .
    Even breakfast could soon be E burgers or full E English? Live with it——— it’s here to stay!
    Jesus Wept but the temperature dropped drastically——- colder than charity this morning—— not set to rise above Zero until Monday——— then it’s all systems go———- world can get on with its business again ———— Trump can fire a few more more ——— Putin can assisinate a few more—— and I can do the car boot in style !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not seen snow like this since I landed in Banf to catch the Canadiian Rocky Mountain Bullit Train to Vancouver———- Middle Of May and snowing from dawn till dusk. Tried to stay away from the damn stuff ever since then, managed pretty well until today.
    Been invited out for Sunday lunch By Parminder And Andrew Wright, couple of long time friends who we haven’t seen since Dave Minty’s funeral three or four years ago. Means travelling up to the smoke, but what the hell——— Andrews a pain in the arse, but Parminder is drop dead gorgeous—— and a great cook .
    Steamed on like a demented Gipetto all morning——- come Monday should be posting a piccie of ALEX AND ANI——— it will be heading for Craig’s desktop by next weekend at this rate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to take the afternoon off to watch the six nations rugby- Ireland v England at twickenham, home of English rugby——— what could possibly go wrong ?
    The Irish wanted to win, had everything to gain and nothing to lose so played with pride and passion and conviction!
    England thought the world owed them a living, Ireland were the underdogs and we usually give them a damn good thrashing.
    Played like plonkers —- no plan —— non professional—— rank amateur—— dickheads ——- big girls blouses trying to play a mans game and failing miserably. It’s a team game, go back to school and learn the basics.
    Sorry bout that——- promise from tomorrow on —— I’m back into boating facts and nothing but the facts .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up to a covering of snow, not a lot, just enough to cause chaos and disruption. Cancelled the trip up to the smoke——— not worth putting the new Lexus at risk when it’s not really necessary, and anyway it would be nice to soldier on with the ALEX AND ANI Concept.
    Mark and Craig spent a couple of days up in N/C with Reggie last week.
    They don’t tell me a lot these days——- especially if it’s secret sh-t ——— like 200 mph record attempt——- Can Tell you Mark has the props and I’d better button my lip before I get into deep KA-KA.
    Can tell you the next boat to be pulled out of the mould is a forty foot cat, and Timmy’s Little Champ boat ——— caused quite a stir in Paris did that little boat.
    Some semblance of sense seems to be coming out of working together with the APBA and UIM on a common design for a safety cell that will be acceptable by all participants—— but I’ll believe that only when it’s signed sealed and posted. Common sense is a commodity sadly lacking in both camps in my experience———- too many “EGOS “
    Now we are back into boats, feel free to join in, in any way you want, after all it is Scream and Fly——- the boating blog——— the old farts thing——- memory lane——- the vintage place———we even got a place for JONRUDES———- how cool is that ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up to a covering of snow, not a lot, just enough to cause chaos and disruption. Cancelled the trip up to the smoke——— not worth putting the new Lexus at risk when it’s not really necessary, and anyway it would be nice to soldier on with the ALEX AND ANI Concept.
    Mark and Craig spent a couple of days up in N/C with Reggie last week.
    They don’t tell me a lot these days——- especially if it’s secret sh-t ——— like 200 mph record attempt——- Can Tell you Mark has the props and I’d better button my lip before I get into deep KA-KA.
    Can tell you the next boat to be pulled out of the mould is a forty foot cat, and Timmy’s Little Champ boat ——— caused quite a stir in Paris did that little boat.
    Some semblance of sense seems to be coming out of working together with the APBA and UIM on a common design for a safety cell that will be acceptable by all participants—— but I’ll believe that only when it’s signed sealed and posted. Common sense is a commodity sadly lacking in both camps in my experience———- too many “EGOS “
    Now we are back into boats, feel free to join in, in any way you want, after all it is Scream and Fly——- the boating blog——— the old farts thing——- memory lane——- the vintage place———we even got a place for JONRUDES———- how cool is that ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like buses——— you wait for ages then all of a sudden two come along——— do not have a clue as to what I did rightly or wrongly————- nothing happened the first time for ten minutes, so I pressed. The post button again———- still nothing happened, so I went and got the Sunday papers———- Jilly and me nailed the general crossword, then came back to the old S & F and bingo——- the buggers in there twice——— as if by magic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just does not seem possible my son Mark is 61 years old today—— been trying to get him on FaceTime but I guess the rest of the family want to celebrate with him too.
    He has lots to celebrate today—— Finally made the big time—— he’s now right where he always wanted to be——- boat design and development.
    Was always the same—- whenever anyone was in trouble or had a major problem——- send for Mark Wilson. Ask any of the big names in either circuit or offshore who always got ‘em out of trouble——- five will get you ten, the answers always the same—- Mark!
    By the way———have to tell you ———- ALEX AND ANI is just looking the dogs cajones——- it’s a FECKIN masterpiece of a concept. I’m chuffed to buggery with it———— just might be my best hundred and something effort yet!
    If you want it Roger, you better talk to Craig———- it’ll be on his desktop in a couple weeks———- still got the gear cases and steering and then I’m done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4FEA1AF-F338-4991-A6E2-C4E2A25A0280.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	402078

No, the trunk is not part of the display!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damned white stuff is back again———c’mon, play the white man here, it’s nearly the third week in March and it’s nearly Easter——- crazy folk are seriously thinking of putting shorts on and wearing T shirts and that sort of thing——- time for snow to to bugger off into the long distance and that big warm ball to show its face again———- roll on some warm weather!
    Never was able to get hold of Mark and wish him a happy birthday yesterday——- that’s the trouble with modern devices——- they run out of battery ever so easily!
    Just a Swift visit to the surgery to give “Bloods”———- then try and get a dentist appointment—— the false tooth the plate hangs on came adrift and the whole shebang is clattering about in my mouth like a blown two stroke, so I need to get it fixed.
    Apart from that, it’s all systems go. Another full day in the shop, starting with a big tidy up.

Page 503 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 553 603 1003 ... LastLast