Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Not to interrupt the tales to tell, but how was the lunch at The Black Horse? For a guy that is coming off a starvation diet, I was wondering what you indulged in?
    Held myself in check Bob, it’s a pretty comprehensive Sunday lunch menu but I chose conservatively—— a pint of Harvey’s best bitter to whet the appetite———— prawn cocktail with brown bread——— Roast beef with horse radish and Yorkshire puddings, roast spuds, carrots, turnip and veggies, followed by Brioche bread and butter pudding with custard!
    I was the driver so I kept off the grape juice———- other three managed two bottles between ‘em.
    Amazing how a six quid bottle of wine can jump to twenty six quid once it leaves the supermarket?

Back in vogue——- all systems go——— haircut and beard trim——- big clear up in the shop———- new blade in the band saw and I’m cooking with Propane.
    Its great to feel my old self again—— nearly forgotten what it was like!
    Hospital visit today—— but it’s only to try and get HD back on the hearing device, tomorrow I have to go for the ———-TOPSY results, never can remember what the hell they call these procedures———-
    except I do know it wasn’t an AUTOPSY.,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cor blimey Guv....You must have a different pension system over your side of the island!...prawn cocktail with BROWN bread indeed!!!

Beans on toast is my treat...out of a dented can at that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you always was a tight arse Phill——- you can get get four cans for a quid at the Trading Post in Barnham———- are all ex policemen gifted with short arms and deep pockets !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WRONG....Although I have that Masonic ( or Moronic, depending on what bit you're lookin' at) look about me,. I have never even sat in a black & white let alone been a policeman....

I was 50 years on the tools..Electrician---1 or 2 people said I was alright but not many....................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Security at Goodwood? Thought they only employed ex plod!——— yes, you do have that “ sparky “ look. ———— teach me to assume—— facts Jackielad, nothing but the facts,
    Sad to see Roger Bannister copped his clogs—— the last true great amateur athletic——- worst bit is, he was only two years older than me. But I I didn’t wear myself outrunning one minute miles. I preserved my body.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;3025548]Security at Goodwood? Thought they only employed ex plod!——— yes, you do have that “ sparky “ look. ———— teach me to assume—— facts Jackielad, nothing but the facts,
    Sad to see Roger Bannister copped his clogs—— the last true great amateur athletic——- worst bit is, he was only two years older than me. But I I didn’t wear myself outrunning one minute miles. I preserved my body.[/QUOT

If you could do a "one minute mile" you would in Madame Teussauds...

Re the Goodwood thing I was part of the gang who looked after the GenSets..........Security HA!..Got a job to look after misself.. leave alone any b*gger else!

You mentioned Goodwood and Mr Penske what a meeting that would be....I think Lord M has tried many times but he hasn't captured "

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back on my life I’m amazed just how many big names have stopped and chatted with me about nothing in particular——- and I’ve been just as amazed to realise that they are mere mortals—— just like you and me.
    Pick any one well known personality you know, have known, met, been to dinner with, whatever, sit down and analyse him, her, or it ———might surprise you what comes to mind!

One of my all time favourite people was BILLY DON PRUETT, FBI, ( FECKIN BIG INDIAN)———-with that lopsided—— tooth missing grin, pointed Sh-t kickers—— and the ridiculous Pawnee hat he always wore. He could spend money like he was a millionaire——- but most times didn’t have a pot to piss in. He could smoke Camels faster than a mill chimney. He could walk into any bar and pick a fight in two minutes flat, knock a guy on his back, then help him to his feet and buy him a drink. He could drive the snot out of any boat until it sank beneath him——- circuit or offshore.
    He had more friends than any other man I ever met———- but was also the most unpredictable, unreliable, put you in promise land, procrastinating SOB I ever knew——- his sense of humour was legendary————— but if you were his friend———- it was for life, and he would protect you with his.
    I was with Anne Curtis ( Steve’s mum) down in St Trop. Steve decided to roll the boat over the finish line———- Jack Stuteville was there, I asked him how Pruett was——- he told me he died two months ago! I had to walk away—— find a quiet spot and weep for the loss of a friend I always thought was indestructible .

8. Likes OLEGATOR, AZMIDLYF, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went up country and had dinner with two of my grandsons, Craig and Simon at the SIR ROGER TITCHBOURNE at Loxwood last night.
    Craig leaves for Paris this morning at 4:00am ——— he's off to the worlds biggest composite show to see what’s going on——— the Seebold NGK Composite boat is on display there.
    If anything exciting turns up, I’ll let you know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB7DC232-AF93-40F9-A289-1841CA4CEEC8.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	401124

Thats them on board the Eurostar, Crack-o-sparrow!

11. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, Don passed away in Febuary of 1994. His son Bill, lives in Arizona, and worked for the phone company, same as Don did. Another son, Joe Craig, lives in Colorado Springs. He also has a daughter.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 03-06-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Jackie, Don passed away in Febuary of 1994. His son Bill, lives in Arizona, and worked for the phone company, same as Don did. Another son, Joe Craig, lives in Colorado Springs. He also has a daughter.
    Was staying with Rolla in Lugano , he had done a bunch of props that needed to be delivered to St. Tropez in time for the offshore race that weekend———- Mark was living in Switzerland at the time, working for Record Props !
    We didn’t see a great. Deal of each other oround then——— he was building a career and raising a family and I was always too busy and full of myself to ever think I was missing out on my kids,, so it was nice to spend some quality time with each other ( Five hour drive down to Monte Carlo).
    Thats how come I was in St Trop at that particular moment in time.
    I first met Pruett down in Italy—— might have been Torriggia—- or Angelo’s shop in Como. He dragged hisself out of a two foot tall yellow Maserati, telling the world he had broken all records by driving from Milan to Como in under twenty minutes!
    I knew I was going to enjoy the company of this unusual—- kinda different—— individual. Over the years proved to be the case——— I stayed with him a fair few times in Florida——— he brought His wife Joan to stay at the farm the week of the Bristol race when Francios Salabert was fatally injured.
    But—— its been a long day——- spent what looks like being my last visit to hospital (4 hours) , simply run out of daytime hours. It’ll have to wait for another day !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    One day Fuji—— I’ll get one of my grandkids to teach me how to do smart tricks like that with my IPAD PRO .
    Craig called and said you couldn’t get anywhere near the SEEBOLD Composite for people—— stand was packed all day with the Chinese especially!!
    They wanted to buy it, straight off the stand——- ship it back to Chinatown Chop- Chop ! Not possible, this ones already sold stateside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgotten what it was like to have a good nights sleep——-but last night I had one. Whether it was the fact I walked out of the hospital with a spring in my step having been told I was free and clear of any present danger———- might have a touch of “Diverticulitis”——- which in layman’s language means I fart a lot, or as I keep telling little Lizzie———— they’re just. LOVE PUFFS.
    No more hospital visits in the foreseeable future——- unless I fall pregnant or some such calamity.So it’ll be all downhill from here, talking about past and present boaty things——- old time racers——-Molinari s ——— Jones’s——— Scottie’s and Seebold’s, you know the sort of stuff I mean, pretty useless really, unless you happen to be an old fart——— like what we are ! How’s about I take a picture of the NGK SEEBOLD TROPHY, And post it a bit later in the day?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Was staying with Rolla in Lugano , he had done a bunch of props that needed to be delivered to St. Tropez in time for the offshore race that weekend———- Mark was living in Switzerland at the time, working for Record Props !
    We didn’t see a great. Deal of each other oround then——— he was building a career and raising a family and I was always too busy and full of myself to ever think I was missing out on my kids,, so it was nice to spend some quality time with each other ( Five hour drive down to Monte Carlo).
    Thats how come I was in St Trop at that particular moment in time.
    I first met Pruett down in Italy—— might have been Torriggia—- or Angelo’s shop in Como. He dragged hisself out of a two foot tall yellow Maserati, telling the world he had broken all records by driving from Milan to Como in under twenty minutes!
    I knew I was going to enjoy the company of this unusual—- kinda different—— individual. Over the years proved to be the case——— I stayed with him a fair few times in Florida——— he brought His wife Joan to stay at the farm the week of the Bristol race when Francios Salabert was fatally injured.
    But—— its been a long day——- spent what looks like being my last visit to hospital (4 hours) , simply run out of daytime hours. It’ll have to wait for another day !
    Some people you just know you're going to get along with even before you've met them...All through my life even now to a certain extent that still applies.
    If ever I was told .. "don't talk to him/her" I always used to make a point of searching 'em out to see what what all the fuss was about!!

Inevitably that "rogue" person always had an interesting tale to tell.. not always told in the most eloquent fashion not always in an accent you could readily understand, but It did teach me never to pre-judge..mostly there's no such thing as a dumb blonde!

Page 498 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 398 448 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 548 598 998 ... LastLast