Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume the sand cast heads were 2 piece?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I assume the sand cast heads were 2 piece?
    That's right -- head + water cover.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rckid74 View Post
    Glad to hear that Jackie!! My personal feeling was that she should be left "as is". The only regret I have is that she does'nt have her original sand cast heads. Those die cast ones look out of place -- and they are. If some how you could locate a pair of them she would be complete. That'll be hard tho because there were only about 35 - 40 of them made.
    Please have Mark take a couple of pics so we can all see her in her final resting place. -- J. Hale
    I will do that for you J H. Mark told me a couple of interesting tales already of conversations with clients over “Old Blue”————- added bonus are all the boathouse spread sheets from Lake X, but we will find the best way to show them off to the world.
    We have put out a few feelers for castheads but drawn a blank so far———— not to worry——— one day, it’ll happen, same with the Cosworth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    If only life was that easy Bob———- a little thing called a living to be earned that’s where you earn enough money to put aside the sum required to purchase a DFV once you’ve come across the right one to suit your needs.
    Think-you got hold of the wrong Hodges, that’s the two litre boat Bob———- that’s the one Bill Brown despatched to the bottom of Lake Windermere while I was starting an attempt at a record run——- bit what really pissed me off was when he said later in a newspaper article. ———- . “He inadvertently crossed my path “——— Bother—— how tiresome is that ?
    I should be well over that by now——— after all it was over forty years ago.
    Somehow I forgot that there were two boats. I corrected the photo and pray that my mistake will not cost me an extended stay on the naughty step with Willabee, who is serving his first year of a forty year sentence...

5. Likes ron54 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    OK....now that Mark has gotten that off the bucket list, he can procure this:

Attachment 400718

And install it in this:

Attachment 400727
    Thats the one Bob——- one day, I would like to think I. Might see a DFV firmly fixed in there.
    Would love to crank her up and run her sensibly down the kilo straight——- but we all know there is no such thing as a sensible 80+ ex boat racer, so I don’t suppose it’s ever going to happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never before in the whole of my life, have I spent so much time on the dot-dot, talking about nothing in particular———— drinking half a pint of water every. Hour ! Taken all the medication, as prescribed———- eaten nothing for 36 hours, I am what I think is called——- pre opped.
    Tell. You one thing for damn sure———— IM EMPTY ———- out of respect for Willabee, I shall say no more. Sat on the John 22 times today———— must be close to a world record I would have thought !
    Just got the Karcher up. The rectum then I’m ready for the donut———- just can’t wait for morning.
    Lucky Lucky Lucky Me ——- Im a lucky son of a gun———- I drinks ten hours ——- then squits ten hours, which leaves me with a sore bum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xxxxxx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice BRP's revenue in 2017 was larger than what Merc would have been with fitness business removed.
    Both higher than Yamaha marine products.
    What to make of that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I notice BRP's revenue in 2017 was larger than what Merc would have been with fitness business removed.
    Both higher than Yamaha marine products.
    What to make of that?
    What to make of that ???? OF WHAT PILGRIM. ———— Now your just being a smart arse, talking bollocks—— Taking the Piss. it’s the FECKIN Tricks thread in Scream & Fly ! ———- not the financial page of the Wall Street Journal——— We all Be boating yokels, rednecks, Floridians, Swamp rats and mountain men from all points of the compass with just the one thing in common——- boats, and all things appertaining to, motors, makes, people places, performances and all things however remote!
    FITNESS BUSINESS REMOVED ACCORDING TO HIGHER OR LOWER LEVELS OF DIGESTION BY YAMAHA MARINE INDUSTRIES ON SEEING DOW JONES PERFORMANCE FIGURES BASED ON THE DOMINICAN REPUBLICS ABILITY TO REPAY THE ROOSEVELT BACKED LOANS AUGMENTED BY CONGRESS AFTER THE PAPER WARS IN PANAMA POSTPONED THE PISSING PIGS CONTEST IN PRETORIA———- Love you to bits Pilgrim but I have to tell you————- I can’t make head nor tail of it. Honest to Murgatroyd!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what happened to Guido Cappellini?.. it seems strange that for someone so prominent at the time he has just disappeared...in fact seemingly rarely mentioned. Did he fall out with somebody or?......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    What to make of that ???? OF WHAT PILGRIM. ———— Now your just being a smart arse, talking bollocks—— Taking the Piss. it’s the FECKIN Tricks thread in Scream & Fly ! ———- not the financial page of the Wall Street Journal——— We all Be boating yokels, rednecks, Floridians, Swamp rats and mountain men from all points of the compass with just the one thing in common——- boats, and all things appertaining to, motors, makes, people places, performances and all things however remote!
    FITNESS BUSINESS REMOVED ACCORDING TO HIGHER OR LOWER LEVELS OF DIGESTION BY YAMAHA MARINE INDUSTRIES ON SEEING DOW JONES PERFORMANCE FIGURES BASED ON THE DOMINICAN REPUBLICS ABILITY TO REPAY THE ROOSEVELT BACKED LOANS AUGMENTED BY CONGRESS AFTER THE PAPER WARS IN PANAMA POSTPONED THE PISSING PIGS CONTEST IN PRETORIA———- Love you to bits Pilgrim but I have to tell you————- I can’t make head nor tail of it. Honest to Murgatroyd!
    Here it is a little easier...
    Brunswick just announced they are spinning off FitnessCo, that will mean it will become a marine only company for the first time in many years
    https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...-Business.html
    2017 revenues ( without FitnessCo) says its smaller than BRP but slightly bigger than Yam
    I cant find any details of outboard sales so we have to guess that as a percentage of each of the big 3's combined marine sales but eyes on the water says Yam winning that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Guido Cappellini?.. it seems strange that for someone so prominent at the time he has just disappeared...in fact seemingly rarely mentioned. Did he fall out with somebody or?......
    at 59 years old, i'd be kicking it back in Italy too

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guido is travelling the same path as Renato——— getting chunky and a bit fat in the face——- but then again , so is Scot Gilman——— when you’re in Italy you live the life——— enjoy the benefits——- suffer the consequences!
    “Took a powder” as Cagney. Used t say——— I’m all done and dusted——— been through the wringer and survived. Had a large bowl of Chowder lunchtime ——- then bed for two or three hours.
    Writings not easy today, I got a heavy finger——— maybe prattle on a bit later.

15. Thanks ron54 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AUTO TECH
    5 hours ago

Mazda exec details plans for rotary range-extended EV coming in 2019

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran | Motor Authority

(Mazda)

Tesla gets a lot of flak for its delays in promised technology, but the electric car company looks like a straight-A student next to Mazda which has been has been talking about reviving the rotary engine going back to the demise of the RX-8 sports car in 2012.
    Mazda says it is committed to the rotary, though the automaker has flip-flopped over whether the engine will be used to power a sports car or simply serve as a range-extender for an electric car. We've seen concepts for both, and just last year a Mazda executive said the company may end up going with both options.

A Message from Southeast Toyota
    Time to take on the day.

See More

Now Mazda's sales chief in Europe, Martijn ten Brink, has revealed to Dutch group AutoRAI that Mazda's electric car launching in 2019 will be available with a rotary range-extender. The exec said the electric car will be based on the same underpinnings as the next-generation Mazda 3, and hinted that a crossover body style would make sense.

We also have a few details on the rotary range-extender itself from ten Brink's interview. He said it would be a single-rotor engine without a turbocharger. He also said the compact design should take up no more space than two shoe boxes, and because of the smoothness of the rotary engine, drivers of Mazda's electric car may not even notice when the engine is operating.

(Mazda)

Mazda has already shown an electric car with a rotary range-extender: the Mazda 2 RE Range Extender concept unveiled in 2013. Its rotary was a single-rotor 0.33-liter unit that with a full tank of gasoline could provide an additional 111 miles of range. Based on ten Brink's comments, it's likely a similar setup will feature in Mazda's electric car due next year.
    Unfortunately, ten Brink didn't have anything to say on a rotary-powered sports car from Mazda. The Japanese firm has struggled with meeting emissions regulations with high-performance applications of its rotary engine. The company has also described building the business case for a sports car as another issue. Those are two major factors standing in the way of a new rotary-powered sports car.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing happened to me on the way to the hospital this morning———— Set off in what many consider to be the worlds finest car ——LEXUS.
    Had to pass through one of those industrial estates that house all the car dealerships these days——- they’re neither “out of town” —— or “Town centre”, but all car dealerships are now housed this way.
    Reminded me of Florida for some strange reason ?
    Ones that stood out most were. HONDA————TOYOTA——-SUZUKI ———MAZDA——- MITSUBISHI
    Arrived at the hospital to see the sculptures enhancing the gardens were sponsored by “SONY” ——— wonder why ?
    Weird bit is, when you’re travelling up and down the Scanner and glance up at the name on the top——- guess what it said ? AQUILLO. BY. TOSHIBA,
    Was all downhill from there——— TV, RADIO, MOBILE PHONE, CD’s ????
    Wait just a goldarn minute there——— who was it made the ZERO .
    Remember what I told you about the “TROJON HORSE” effect !

Page 496 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 396 446 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 546 596 996 ... LastLast