Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie... Would you like to give your listeners your opinions on the new Lexus it is the hybrid yes?.....What is the Road Tax on it...has it got a sunroof?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    That damned white stuff been coming down all day long but hasn’t really settled any.
    Had a couple of hours sprottling in the shop, but my nose was like a dripping tap and my nuts were freezing. Was glad when the child minder yelled “Lunch time”.
    If it was June it would be 80 degrees——— but it’s not, it’s February in England and it’s zero degrees and bloody cold. How the hell people can live in Chicago and Minisota, let alone Alaska and Vancouver where this stuff is deemed “acceptable” beggars belief.
    Jackie--It only took about 80 years (and lots of $$) to figure out how to do it--head South

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 02-28-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie... Would you like to give your listeners your opinions on the new Lexus it is the hybrid yes?.....What is the Road Tax on it...has it got a sunroof?
    Look Phill, I am not and have no intentions of being a bloody self opinionated Clarkson ?
    The old Trusty Lexus was the finest car I ever owned by a country mile———- and but for an over zealous lady pensioner would have seen me out. However, due to mitigating circumstances and as there are no pockets in a shroud, it became circumvent to invest in a vehicle far beyond my pay grade,——— A 450 H LEXUS F SPORT . A marvel of modern engineering and car technology——- does about double the MPG the old 350 did. Everything about is far more advanced than the previous one———— by some ten years. Road Tax concession means it’s only £140 PA.
    No, it doesn’t have a sun roof——— but if I’m honest—— I never used it on the 350!
    It sits on 19” wheels and is in permanent 4 wheel drive——- which is just fine and dandy for taking the kids to school.
    Pity it’s a JAPONICA ————— but the wars been over some 78 years now——- times moved on——- I’ve grown wiser——-the west learned very little, but I’ve got a very nice jam jar.

4. Thanks ron54 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Jackie--It only took about 80 years (and lots of $$) to figure out how to do it--head South

Jesus wept Gene——— don’t do that to me———- it’s already ten below here, and you send me that white stuff——— we got enough of our own coming in tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NA,NA,NA,NA,NAH,——- never came did it———- dumb assed forecasters got it wrong AGAIN !
    Another nut freezingly cold night but upon raising the curtains this morning, hardly a dusting of the dreadful stuff, so I looked up the BBC weather forecast on the dot-dot, and it’s all set for Friday morning. (Well, so it says, at the minute, I’m full of “no confidence “.)

Craig arrived at London Gatwick around 6:30am this morning——- might get to see him as there’s not much snow about, (panic sets in when a snow cloud appears over southern England, everywhere gets gridlocked).
    Nearly got Reggies record attempt boat ready for Craig to take back to Marks office———- needed to get a wriggle on———- and keep it Quiet in case of a non event. Sometimes YOU EAT BEAR !
    Not exactly rushing out of bed this morning——— it’s starvation and saturation day——— no food for 36 Hours and drink a half pint of water on the hour every hour. Plus the added excitement of a half bottle of unknown elixir at 10:00 hours—— ( keeping the john in close proximity at all times) life’s like a box of chocolates innit ?
    You could get well pissed off with my ramblings and fan tings today——— short of picking up a book and reading another load of nonsense by an already wealthy author, I don’t have a lot to do today, so I may do a memory recall and see if I can electrify Willabee into disagreeing over my memoirs at some point.
    Shower, glass of water time——- I’ll tell you his first comment for free, TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NA,NA,NA,NA,NAH,——- never came did it———- dumb assed forecasters got it wrong AGAIN !
    Another nut freezingly cold night but upon raising the curtains this morning, hardly a dusting of the dreadful stuff, so I looked up the BBC weather forecast on the dot-dot, and it’s all set for Friday morning. (Well, so it says, at the minute, I’m full of “no confidence “.)

TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
    Spoke with Dave Brockington yesterday at his home in france he had guests staying with him and he said they wanted to go in the swimming pool but was 4 inch deep in snow so I told him to grease them up first. He is coming over for the London powerboat race and is booked on the sunborn cruise ship along with the Bullens I told him you might be there.We have around 4 inch of snow at my end of town keep your shovel ready.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Spoke with Dave Brockington yesterday at his home in france he had guests staying with him and he said they wanted to go in the swimming pool but was 4 inch deep in snow so I told him to grease them up first. He is coming over for the London powerboat race and is booked on the sunborn cruise ship along with the Bullens I told him you might be there.We have around 4 inch of snow at my end of town keep your shovel ready.
    Phill, with all the snot and crap that’s flying about with the RYA AND UIM ——- I wouldn’t bet the farm on there being a London race right now———- saving booking anything until the weekend of the race.
    If and when !
    Will be great to see the Bullen boys again——- all my girls will be there if they turn up.
    The scimitar with the two litre Cosworth in it was one of the nicest, most honest boats I ever raced, certainly shook both OMC and Mercury up big time in Amsterdam 1974.
    Keep your FECKIN snow Phill it’s near 10:00 hours—— trying hard—— colder than charity, but going nowhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear several countries have left the UIM re jet ski's over to this crowd
    http://www.ijsba.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I hear several countries have left the UIM re jet ski's over to this crowd
    http://www.ijsba.com/
    I find it quite amazing that Carl Kiekhaefer took Mercury from nothing to be a leading contender in the world of outboards.
    Everyone outside Mercury loves to throw sh-t at them——— OMC hated them with a passion, why, because they came from nowhere——— upset the the bloody apple cart——— stole markets——- that’s not supposed to happen !
    How did they do that ?
    America is a nation of sportsmen——-Racing is sport——- Carl went racing !
    During the racing years Mercury dominated and grew from strength to strength and bigger and bigger.
    Accountants and board members and directors never quite understood the significance of racing and the role it played in the making of the company———- were always quick to deride the expenditure because the benefits could never be seen on any balance sheet. Carl of course was always too busy inventing and pushing product to be bothered to explain.
    Without the foundation and heritage of Mercury Hi- Performance, Its Engineers, Developers,Risk Takers, Gamblers and not least, it’s race drivers———— Mercury would not be the great company it is today !
    Sadly OMC never made it——-which is a great pity——- maybe because the competition stopped—— I don’t know, I’m only guessing.
    It gives me no pleasure to see the once great name of EVINRUDE being hawked around the streets of Scandinavia in the hope of finding a buyer————— it deserved better than that.
    So ,Pilgrim——- maybe the Nipponese Nevewong are simply doing a “Kiekhaever”.this time round with the Squirt boats.

11. Likes OLEGATOR, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it quite amazing that Carl Kiekhaefer took Mercury from nothing to be a leading contender in the world of outboards.
    Everyone outside Mercury loves to throw sh-t at them——— OMC hated them with a passion, why, because they came from nowhere——— upset the the bloody apple cart——— stole markets——- that’s not supposed to happen !
    How did they do that ?
    America is a nation of sportsmen——-Racing is sport——- Carl went racing !
    During the racing years Mercury dominated and grew from strength to strength and bigger and bigger.
    Accountants and board members and directors never quite understood the significance of racing and the role it played in the making of the company———- were always quick to deride the expenditure because the benefits could never be seen on any balance sheet. Carl of course was always too busy inventing and pushing product to be bothered to explain.
    Without the foundation and heritage of Mercury Hi- Performance, Its Engineers, Developers,Risk Takers, Gamblers and not least, it’s race drivers———— Mercury would not be the great company it is today !
    Sadly OMC never made it——-which is a great pity——- maybe because the competition stopped—— I don’t know, I’m only guessing.
    It gives me no pleasure to see the once great name of EVINRUDE being hawked around the streets of Scandinavia in the hope of finding a buyer————— it deserved better than that.
    So ,Pilgrim——- maybe the Nipponese Nevewong are simply doing a “Kiekhaever”.this time round with the Squirt boats.
    The Japs have wiped the floor with Merc and OMC without going racing, they also noticed there is a rest of the world outside of the USA.
    If you think Merc came from nowhere re OMC then the Japs dropped in from outer space and in 30 years overtook both.

(Canadians are as big as the Japs in jet ski's and sleds I think?)
    Merc and OMC always told me ( from the 70's), no market for Jet skis and they make too much noise so will be banned worldwide soon, DOH, they both had a global marine dealership network and designed marine 2 strokes and they both had sleds.
    Sad, but they both blew it.
    Last edited by powerabout; 03-01-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too busy slugging it out with each other to see the main competition———- was it ever so———- wood for trees etc. Was always trying to nick each other’s top brass and score ofn each other——- shoulda joined forces and bought a fly swat.———- Hells teeth Pilgrim—— even I had a pair of snowmobiles—— even though they were the lowly bottom of the barrel Mercury!
    Must have had more foresight than I was ever given credit for!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark made a big decision about “Old Blue”
    He’s given it a blow job——- got all the accumulated dust away and mounted it right outside the entrance to his office.
    For the first time in his life—he has a very salubrious office. Claims everyone stops dead in their tracks and asks “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT “ ? Before entering.
    Ice is broken, you got dialogue and your not even sat down in the office yet——— “Old Blue” just keeps on winning! Ham Hamburger would be proud——— he taught us good !
    We pondered long and hard as what we bo with “Old Blue” there were offers to give it the best paint job ever————- maybe chromium plate and polish the whole shebang ———- put it under a glass cover. We listened, thought about it——— discussed it——-in the end, it was Mark who finally made the decision——— this is how it’s going to be, exactly as we found it !

15. Likes powerabout, olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s given it a blow job——- got all the accumulated dust away and mounted it right outside the entrance to his office.
    For the first time in his life—he has a very salubrious office. Claims everyone stops dead in their tracks and asks “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT “ ? Before entering.
    Ice is broken, you got dialogue and your not even sat down in the office yet——— “Old Blue” just keeps on winning! Ham Hamburger would be proud——— he taught us good !
    We pondered long and hard as what we bo with “Old Blue” there were offers to give it the best paint job ever————- maybe chromium plate and polish the whole shebang ———- put it under a glass cover. We listened, thought about it——— discussed it——-in the end, it was Mark who finally made the decision——— this is how it’s going to be, exactly as we found it !
    OK....now that Mark has gotten that off the bucket list, he can procure this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	400718

And install it in this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW36.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	400727
    Last edited by Bob V; 03-01-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only life was that easy Bob———- a little thing called a living to be earned that’s where you earn enough money to put aside the sum required to purchase a DFV once you’ve come across the right one to suit your needs.
    Think-you got hold of the wrong Hodges, that’s the two litre boat Bob———- that’s the one Bill Brown despatched to the bottom of Lake Windermere while I was starting an attempt at a record run——- bit what really pissed me off was when he said later in a newspaper article. ———- . “He inadvertently crossed my path “——— Bother—— how tiresome is that ?
    I should be well over that by now——— after all it was over forty years ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that Jackie!! My personal feeling was that she should be left "as is". The only regret I have is that she does'nt have her original sand cast heads. Those die cast ones look out of place -- and they are. If some how you could locate a pair of them she would be complete. That'll be hard tho because there were only about 35 - 40 of them made.
    Please have Mark take a couple of pics so we can all see her in her final resting place. -- J. Hale

Page 495 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 395 445 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 545 595 995 ... LastLast