Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Bob V;3023541]Jackie - Four years ago yesterday you began turning "Tricks" on this thread and here we are four years later and you are still turning "Tricks." Keep up the great work.[/QUOTE
    Really only started the thread Bob because I felt guilty hogging every other thread on Scream and Fly.Didnt want the world to get pissed off with-me, so I thought, do it yourself Jackielad!
    Young Tim Thipadeaux introduced me to the site some seven years ago——— i’d Known his mum and dad many years before, when Gene was racing the FONDA series.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, some guys down at Caldwell have taken great exception tome asking what exactly doi get for the $60000their asking for a CRT MOTOR ?
    Last I heard they were selling short blocks without fuel or ignition——— prices were being quoted at between ten and thirty grand———- so I simply asked how much.
    Got told to send $ 60000 ————- so I asked , for what ———— suddenly, I’m the worlds number one villain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Bob, some guys down at Caldwell have taken great exception tome asking what exactly doi get for the $60000their asking for a CRT MOTOR ?
    Last I heard they were selling short blocks without fuel or ignition——— prices were being quoted at between ten and thirty grand———- so I simply asked how much.
    Got told to send $ 60000 ————- so I asked , for what ———— suddenly, I’m the worlds number one villain.
    I would suspect that $6000.00 is a "non- refundable" deposit for a CRT motor (short block) that may or may not get built at some "yet to be determined" time in the future. So the question arises....are you a gambling man?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hells teeth Bob, last time Jilly and me went to Vegas, we put a shilling or two aside to lose on the slots and tables———- two days later flew out of there and we both realised we hadn’t spent any of it !
    So guess that answers your question———- nope, I ain’t no kind of a gambling man.
    Maybe we should just leave Caldwell to do things their own way without a bunch of old farts asking how much things cost these days ! ———- price will get up there, regardless of us asking ——— buggered if it’s not up from-fifteen to thirty to sixty already————- if only we knew what that was for?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Fountain got a couple of runs in today around the 170 mark———- oh, oh, with those big assed motors and reasonable conditions, that can only mean one thing———- they got problems !
    Think they postponed things until Wednesday——— question begs. WHY. Me myself can’t really understand why they are doing this particular run ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Fountain got a couple of runs in today around the 170 mark———- oh, oh, with those big assed motors and reasonable conditions, that can only mean one thing———- they got problems !
    Think they postponed things until Wednesday——— question begs. WHY. Me myself can’t really understand why they are doing this particular run ?
    Unfavorable weather conditions. No matter , Outerlimits will come back and reestablish the record again!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England lost the plot——- played like a big girls blouse, Scotland have always been bottom of the barrel, wooden spooners, toss up whether it was the Eyeties or the thistle gobblers who propped up the table. Here they are stuffing England in no uncertain fashion, haggis eaters do not beat England ( as a rule)————- was a sloppy, scrappy game, petulant, untidy, clinical, calculated fouling, offsides and penalties———— the darker side of the game was exploited———- the finer game lost. England deserved the thumping they got.
    Temperatures dropped like a stone——- -7 last night with snow coming in on Monday night———— roll on March and May———— looking forward to the ten day Mediterranean cruise her majesty has booked——could do with a bit of sun on my back some time soon, seems like I’ve been in three cashmere’s forever.
    Jilly’s going up country for Sunday breakfast with her side of the family——— I declined, got a rake of things I need to do here, and need some peace and quiet to do do it in.
    If things go as I plan, there could be a phoggie in the offing of the capers I’ve been up to this past week or two.
    Time to leave the sheets and greet the day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    Unfavorable weather conditions. No matter , Outerlimits will come back and reestablish the record again!
    Butch, don’t know if you’ve seen the video yet———- but that machine had a wriggle on it that should not have been there right from the off. Was a little bent outa shape, never looked 200 mph——-( to me anyway).————— you’re allowed an opine here——— nobody going to bite your head off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch, don’t know if you’ve seen the video yet———- but that machine had a wriggle on it that should not have been there right from the off. Was a little bent outa shape, never looked 200 mph——-( to me anyway).————— you’re allowed an opine here——— nobody going to bite your head off.
    Always appreciate a more senior's opinion [you're 5 years older than I],and bite if it makes you happy, I'm a big boy!!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dodged the issue Butch—- was a time you would have batted that clean outa the field !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD3666E6-52DE-439E-B9D8-0A78CB607009.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	396.6 KB 
ID:	400410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE72222A-F4D8-418F-9CBC-456558A79A6C.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	400411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7345157E-DB5A-421D-ADC5-7388AD2BB5C5.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	409.4 KB 
ID:	400413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	470A3176-0F13-4838-8E6B-DB327AA1F41B.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	423.6 KB 
ID:	400414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6A8E5AD-6963-4F18-8EFB-6CAEAF06E47F.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	410.9 KB 
ID:	400412

What some of you you may not know is the fact that the “kitchen goddess”——— her who shall be obeyed at all times, is a vey accomplished amateur artist. Has an amazing ability to paint anything she puts her mind to. Few years back she got into 30/40s jazz, did all the greats, Dizzie Gillespie—— Billie Holliday——Fats Waller——- Louis Armstrong and suchlike.
    We visited New England in the fall, and she was into wild colours, houses, deserted beaches, rough seas, lighthouses.
    Never gets stuck on one thing , can be a boat, animal, country scenes, simply whatever comes to the canvas——— hugely talented, but doesn’t think she is.
    Ive just posted you five random paintings that are hung around the house to show you what she can do, I tell you, she’s bloody hard to live with at times, and a bloody hard act to follow.

12. Likes GENE LANHAM, AZMIDLYF, OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what we get for marrying a 'younger' woman, Jackie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,———— but that's not ALL, by any means Gene, she’s a hell of a cook——— great body and can get through the biggy Sunday crossword like you wouldn’t believe. You don’t get many blondes that can do that !
    Got a full morning in the shop without interruption———- made long strides on the NGK SEEBOLD, afraid because I kept changing things around, dismantling it and dropping it several times——— the paint job had become somewhat flawed. So , started from scratch again——- complete glue—n—screw, wash—n—brush up, now it’s looking the dogs cajones. If I can get another six coats of black on it without incident, I’ll be well happy.
    See the WARBY boy did a couple of runs down under today, with a few more to come next week. What with the Fountain boat due to do some more time outs come Wednesday————- Lassie rooting for Bennie, who knows what the headlines may look like.
    Im staying out of this one————— guys who paid for the project will no doubt have the say on who will be the jockey———— I understood it was Reggie himself who had total control of this particular project. Ah well, it’s sack time, talk tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a real “MOMMA CASS” morning——— Monday, Monday.——- just love that day,——- start of another week——— clear as crystal, but three below. I can live with that. Snow coming in tomorrow, bugger, thought we might have missed that this year. I dislike that white stuff with a passion, ok, so it looks pretty for a couple of hours to begin with and chucking snowballs, but after that all it it does is cause chaos and mayhem. I try to stay indoors and off the highways——- you tend to live longer .
    Her indoors has trundled off to Marks and Spencer super store in Shoreham by sea———- best known by you and me as the home of Souters (Sony Levi). And Miles aircraft ( Bell X7).
    Guess everywhere has a claim to fame if you look hard enough and long enough!
    Need to hit the shop running this morning as unfortunately I have another idea formulating in the Old think box——- and if I don’t get it out quick, I’ll no doubt forget what the hell it was I was thinking about ?????——— get back to you !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still only the one bid on the sculpture! God knows how you get people to take any kind of risk nowadays! I was thinking - how about a sculpture for the Fast On Water Inboard/Outboard Prototype boat? I'm getting desperate to see something more adventurous on the water - and I don't mean electric hydrofoils.

Page 492 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 392 442 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 542 592 992 ... LastLast