Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very hard to beat an aluminium LS Chev sitting on an OMC f1 mid, thats 11k for new mid and lower and a grand at the scrap yard for the chev.
    You just need to make an adapter, a new sump and the exhaust.

(PS been out sailing for a week)
    Last edited by powerabout; 02-20-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    very hard to beat an aluminium LS Chev sitting on an OMC f1 mid, thats 11k for new mid and lower and a grand at the scrap yard for the chev.
    You just need to make an adapter, a new sump and the exhaust.

(PS been out sailing for a week)
    Been told the end bearings have a tendency to wander about a bit at anything approaching ten. Alloy blocks come and go.
    Unfortunately I have to find the authentic lump for the Cosworth——- been offered dozens of different lumps over the years, but it has to be right———— can’t do short cuts on this one.

You can’t put anything but a Rolls in a Silver Ghost !
    Serra put me in promise land on a fishing trip years ago, but he’s always “out of town” when I tell. Him I’m available——— I’m running out of time rapidly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Cosworth have a rebuild service for many engines?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Cosworth have a rebuild service for many engines?
    You still need a motorto do a rebuild——- we are quite capable of building our own engines. Plus we have the services of Ian Hawkins who served his apprenticeship at Cosworth and thentwent on to Ilmor before retiring.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok
    I didnt realise you didnt have the engine.
    Was it a loaner?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok
    I didnt realise you didnt have the engine.
    Was it a loaner?
    Always was the property of Cosworth Engineering ——— I never owned it——— just the boat and running gear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent most of the morning at St Richards Chichester——— first time in my life I ever had a Kodak thrust up my rectum, don’t recommend it before lunch.Been farting like I was parping on a 1930/s model T Fords horn all day !
    Back again mid March for still more bloody tests, days fasting, ink drinking, Karcher clean out the jolly old poopery———scan and Bobs your uncle. That should be the last.
    Spent the afternoon on the NGK SEEBOLD———- the real one this time. Working with a bit of enthusiasm these days——— and getting better all the time.
    Got another full days fooling around in the shop tomorrow——— might get something of a result before the weeks out, if that happens I’ll take a couple of phoggies.

8. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day——- Another dollar—— things getting back on an even keel——- just the way I like it.
    Must confess, the shops not quite up to muster, all a bit untidy after seven months of lethargic activity, still, feel like I got a bit of ginger up the bum and I don’t think it’s anyth to do wth yesterday’s hospital visit. I just feel different.
    I have no time to stop and stare —— the Seebold needs some tender care. Get back to you later!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie have you still got the DFV?...If you have and if the factory throughout all its various changes still have someone there that remembers the fact they loaned it to you anyway...Wouldn't a sensible offer to them secure it?...have you enquired?

Don't confuse values of yours with what the Historic F1 boys are running nowadays.

Hell I might even chuck in a nice crisp £5 note in myself if I could have a go at it with my new "Mole Grips" and my Woolworths adjustable spanner!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie have you still got the DFV?...If you have and if the factory throughout all its various changes still have someone there that remembers the fact they loaned it to you anyway...Wouldn't a sensible offer to them secure it?...have you enquired?

Don't confuse values of yours with what the Historic F1 boys are running nowadays.

Hell I might even chuck in a nice crisp £5 note in myself if I could have a go at it with my new "Mole Grips" and my Woolworths adjustable spanner!
    No Phill—— I don’t have the DFV in any shape or form, in fact I couldn’t tell you exactly what it is that’s in there! Except ITS A DUMMY !!!The original motor was “as new” and had never had a problem, so was far too valuable to leave in a showpiece that was never going to be fired up again,
    Even back in those days the going price was £25,000, so it wasn’t to be sniffed at.
    Cosworth, and Keith Duckworth in particular Always treated me very well indeed, and I have never once had a disagreement with the company. Just as long as that’s understoo.
    We have pondered long and hard as to how we might acquire an authentic DFV and the wonderful clutch system Keith devised for it, with that ridiculous little quill shaft that I never thought would last even the once, but then again, I Never professed to be an engineer !
    One day, right out of the blue, one will turn up——— Keith was supposed to have one in the TOYSHOP but it was never found.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page 44, July 2007Cosworth DFV – Horses for courses

Cosworth’s brilliant engine ruled F1, but it was far from a one-trick pony. Graham Robson describes how it turned out to be rather adaptable, and turned up in some very unexpected places
    The DFV was the world’s most successful F1 engine – but it was much more than that. For more than 30 years it, and its derivatives, won in almost every branch of motorsport. Sports cars? For sure. Indycars? No question. But what about hillclimb cars, special saloons – and powerboats? Yep, those too.
    Keith Duckworth designed the DFV to do one thing: win F1 races for Ford. Many times in later years he complained that his One Big Idea was being used in ways he didn’t like. But Cosworth built hundreds of DFVs – maybe over 1200 if you count all the offshoots – and it was impossible to keep track of them all. Some were delivered to shadowy overseas clients and never seen again. Others with well-known identities went on and on, were sold and resold, developed and redeveloped. Some were used to settle loans. Others were the basis of coffee tables and wine racks!
    Except for projects which were never made public, either by Cosworth or by its clientele, this is a summary of the major users, and derivatives, of the DFV seen in the last 40 years.

Powerboat
    Egged on by Bill Brown, one of Cosworth’s four directors at the time, DFVs occasionally found a home in powerboats. American Chris Hodges’ DFV-powered catamaran, driven by Jackie Wilson, set a world speed record of 123mph in the unlimited engine class, and later won endurance races by impressive margins.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Belated Birthday...

COSWORTH FORD DFV ENGINE - $INQUIRE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	400151

Name:	K2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	400152

Name:	K3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	400153

Name:	K4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	400154

Name:	K6.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	400156

Name:	K1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	400151

Freshly serviced 3.0 Liter Cosworth Ford DFV. Ready to be plugged into a race car. Very pretty looking piece.
    For more information:info@indycompetition.com or call (765)335-2057

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now know why they are so expensive....those bloody tennis balls cost a fortune.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Page 44, July 2007Cosworth DFV – Horses for courses

Cosworth’s brilliant engine ruled F1, but it was far from a one-trick pony. Graham Robson describes how it turned out to be rather adaptable, and turned up in some very unexpected places
    The DFV was the world’s most successful F1 engine – but it was much more than that. For more than 30 years it, and its derivatives, won in almost every branch of motorsport. Sports cars? For sure. Indycars? No question. But what about hillclimb cars, special saloons – and powerboats? Yep, those too.
    Keith Duckworth designed the DFV to do one thing: win F1 races for Ford. Many times in later years he complained that his One Big Idea was being used in ways he didn’t like. But Cosworth built hundreds of DFVs – maybe over 1200 if you count all the offshoots – and it was impossible to keep track of them all. Some were delivered to shadowy overseas clients and never seen again. Others with well-known identities went on and on, were sold and resold, developed and redeveloped. Some were used to settle loans. Others were the basis of coffee tables and wine racks!
    Except for projects which were never made public, either by Cosworth or by its clientele, this is a summary of the major users, and derivatives, of the DFV seen in the last 40 years.

Powerboat
    Egged on by Bill Brown, one of Cosworth’s four directors at the time, DFVs occasionally found a home in powerboats. American Chris Hodges’ DFV-powered catamaran, driven by Jackie Wilson, set a world speed record of 123mph in the unlimited engine class, and later won endurance races by impressive margins.

Whoa —— let’s not get too carried away here sunshine, Bill Brown had absolutely nothing at all to do with the Cosworth DFV Project ———- this was a direct result of a a meeting between Keith Duckworth, Mike Costain and myself.
    In fact I would go so far as to say, he was not even allowed in the same shop as the boat !
    The boat did win the DUCHESS OF YORK
    THE CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS.
    OZ WORLD RECORD.
    NEVER BROKE DOWN ONCE IN THE ENTIRE SINGLE SEASON IT PERFORMED
    NEVER HAD AN ENGINE, TRANSMISSION OR GEARCASE FAILURE
    THAT INCLUDES “THINKING WE MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM BUT DIDNT” AT THE SEVEN HOUR PARKER RACE
    SINCE WHEN WAS CHRIS HODGES A COLONIAL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent all the money on a Lexus now though an'ee......................................lol

Page 489 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 389 439 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 539 589 989 ... LastLast