Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    Happy belated birthday from Rossy Junior.
    You have gone about things the right way if you want to meet every idiot in the world by putting your car on Ebay.
    It's a superb meeting place for idiots.
    Trust you are keeping well (wanna feel depressed? It was my 70th a few wekks ago. Well I'm depressed I don't know about you?
    Best wishes
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    It’s that time of year again——- Super Bowl, Nearly the end of winter. Decided I will not be doing any more car boot sales. Bloody garage is full to bustin of stuff I wanted but didn’t need, so I’m having an almighty clear out.
    Havent touched the wood lathe in over a year, it’s got to go.
    I have grinders and polishing machines coming out of my ears.
    Been banned from the scrapyard for all time, her who knows everything says any more and I should open up my own scrapyard.
    Couple Of big time hospital visits next Wednesday and Friday———- should get a bunch of answers and maybe I can get a bit of spark back in my life———- been on tickover this last six months.
    Motors running but no performance——— been sick as a parrot for far too long.

Really pissed at the insurance company——— they decided to write the Lexus off as it would cost more than the cars worth to repair it———- years ago, the panel basher would have tapped out the little dents in a morning and painted it in the afternoon. Nowadays it’s two new doors and a compete respray.
    I bought the “salvage” from them and put the car on EBay for £ 1500 ——- could not believe it when the first two enquiries asked if it had a full service history?
    Give it seven days——— if it’s not gone by Saturday——- I’ll push it off beachy head!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie.. A few suggestions that have may or may not have considered.....Do you change companies every year? its a bit of a chore but you do ( mostly ) get a new customer discount..

The present Mrs Wilson is at least half your age...Why not put her down as the chief pilot as you as the No.2 ?

Play the Mobility scheme game.. choice of chariot is massive.. all inclusive running cost's, plenty of room in the back to put yer " benni " stick.......
    Oh and don't forget the parking advantages......" just over there by the entrance sir"

You've paid in enough over the years..... get something back while your still able....

I see you've got a bid on the Lexus.....is it the one with air suspension? ( the car not the bid ) Phill.
    Phill, I never ever once in my life claimed a red cent for being ill.
    Never ever had a cripple sticker.
    Ive always been able to walk that extra fifty yards in the parking lot

Never heard of air suspension on a Lexus——- Range Rovers Had it one time, but it was nothing but trouble!
    Ill take two five and it’s the best car you’ll ever buy—— stop buggering about and snatch my hand off, and I’ll take it down!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie... I know exactly what you mean and totally concur with your emotional response behind it Indeed I feel the same way. BUT we are the mugs!
    We pay for our motoring pleasures from our taxed income..meanwhile in the badlands of Bristol and most other places............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Mike it's been a while........Post 7172 if you havn't already seen it...There are others, no doubt " leader" will advise...

By the way what does Glass's say for a Lexus 300 with 2 creased doors and moon mileage... scrap + £ 300 ? LoL P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gawdlpus2 View Post
    Hi Jackie
    Happy belated birthday from Rossy Junior.
    You have gone about things the right way if you want to meet every idiot in the world by putting your car on Ebay.
    It's a superb meeting place for idiots.
    Trust you are keeping well (wanna feel depressed? It was my 70th a few wekks ago. Well I'm depressed I don't know about you?
    Best wishes
    Mike
    v
    Bugger me if it’s not super nice to hear from you again Mike———— what the hell have you got to be having mad fits of depression about ?
    Do you still own Bristol Rovers ( or was it BristolCity—— I could never remember)!
    Is Daphne still up and running !
    Are the Ross ladies still in good health, Shirley, Yvonne and Tina ?
    Dad and I were still the most formidable team in Powerboat racing history

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Mike it's been a while........Post 7172 if you havn't already seen it...There are others, no doubt " leader" will advise...

By the way what does Glass's say for a Lexus 300 with 2 creased doors and moon mileage... scrap + £ 300 ? LoL P
    World and his granny glance at a Glass's and are suddenly car dealers——— MOON MILEAGE ?——— bloody thing is hardly run in with a mere hundred thousand!?
    As you know already——— the Lexus IS a different breed of animal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    Yes all my ladies are fighting fit. Mum's 90th is this year and Tina is now her full time carer. Shirley lives in a very cute gatehouse at the entrance to a stately home, and Yvonne is a high flying Head of Learning at Oxford University.
    I'm enjoying life - moved to the Welsh Valleys and switched my football allegiance to following Swansea City. Stopped selling cars about five years ago - thank goodness.
    I was directed to this site by Ron - and I still cannot place him - help me out please.
    "Dad and I were still the most formidable team in Powerboat racing history." BIG YES from me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gawdlpus2 View Post
    Hi Jackie
    Yes all my ladies are fighting fit. Mum's 90th is this year and Tina is now her full time carer. Shirley lives in a very cute gatehouse at the entrance to a stately home, and Yvonne is a high flying Head of Learning at Oxford University.
    I'm enjoying life - moved to the Welsh Valleys and switched my football allegiance to following Swansea City. Stopped selling cars about five years ago - thank goodness.
    I was directed to this site by Ron - and I still cannot place him - help me out please.
    "Dad and I were still the most formidable team in Powerboat racing history." BIG YES from me.
    Mike !!! Ron 54 is Shirley’s Ex Phill for crying out loud!
    Tell mum I said hi !
    Shirley always belonged in a stately Home——- even if it is only the gatehouse
    Last born always has to look after mum.
    Yvonne could always leave the rest for dead when it came to “LARNING”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilson.... you wouldn't be any good with the secret of the date of the D-Day landings would you?......OOOOOOH OWWWH um yea it's the 6th of June um yea on the Normandy Coast!!!!!!!!!

Don't tempt me with another " ELL " I've already got one...it sits next to a 246 that cries its eyes out every time you show her the ignition key.............

Now at least you have 3 fans from the UK!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilson.... you wouldn't be any good with the secret of the date of the D-Day landings would you?......OOOOOOH OWWWH um yea it's the 6th of June um yea on the Normandy Coast!!!!!!!!!Don't tempt me with another " ELL " I've already got one...it sits next to a 246 that cries its eyes out every time you show her the ignition key............. Now at least you have 3 fans from the UK!!
    I think you may remember one of Charlies drivers Brian Kendal he quit boat racing in 1971 he said he was now a director of a Rover dealership and his company insurance scheme would no longer give him life cover if he raced boats.The last time i saw him at the Bristol race in 1972 he was driving a 246.Now who mentioned Don Ross in 1969 I finished in most of the top races from the Duchess of York race to the Amsterdam 3 hr race in 2nd place to Don and learnt a lot from him as well as listening to his tall stories and would endorse the formidable duo of Wilson and Ross.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve.....Thanks for that, I do know that Brian lives not too far from my hovel.We nearly met up at a car club do last year.....He was at one end of the room..I was at the other.........

Bit like life really............Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    I think you may remember one of Charlies drivers Brian Kendal he quit boat racing in 1971 he said he was now a director of a Rover dealership and his company insurance scheme would no longer give him life cover if he raced boats.The last time i saw him at the Bristol race in 1972 he was driving a 246.Now who mentioned Don Ross in 1969 I finished in most of the top races from the Duchess of York race to the Amsterdam 3 hr race in 2nd place to Don and learnt a lot from him as well as listening to his tall stories and would endorse the formidable duo of Wilson and Ross.
    Theres a book screaming to be written about Rossi—— from the early days with Bill Benson, Jack Mount ford, Brothers Curly and ? It’ll come back to me eventually!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norman??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norman??
    Thats the one——— didn’t he have a massive caravan park on the sands at Weston Super Mare? Or was that brother “Curly” ?
    Curly still owed Don huge amounts of money when he died !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie...I do know the tale but really not my place to tell it.....you will understand..

Page 483 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 383 433 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 533 583 983 ... LastLast