Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I lived a bit closer I'd pop round and run a wet rag over her, looks a bit unloved sat there....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    whats to cost to fix it?
    Not a lot Pilgrim——-verylittle damage——-no tears——- just dents,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    If I lived a bit closer I'd pop round and run a wet rag over her, looks a bit unloved sat there....
    Not unloved at all Phil ——— Been a wet muddy filthy winter——- needs the team of Rumanian car washers in Tescos car park to give the full £25 valet and the old girl will look good as new again.
    Absolute steal for anyone wanting a cheap luxury set of wheels for next to nothing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may remember I asked your advice a couple of years ago about getting one....and so it came to pass.. I am tempted to get yours to keep as a spare in case mine gives up, but the trouble is...........they never do.. do they??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Really pissed at the insurance company——— they decided to write the Lexus off as it would cost more than the cars worth to repair it———- years ago, the panel basher would have tapped out the little dents in a morning and painted it in the afternoon. Nowadays it’s two new doors and a compete respray.
    I bought the “salvage” from them and put the car on EBay for £ 1500 ——- could not believe it when the first two enquiries asked if it had a full service history?
    Give it seven days——— if it’s not gone by Saturday——- I’ll push it off beachy head!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW50.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	419.2 KB 
ID:	398770

6. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, I was figuratively speaking————— bit like all those Hollywood loudmouths that were immigrating to Canada if Trump got elected !
    Was really emphasising what a great mode of transport this is——— even with a couple of dings in the side.
    Motor dealer from the smoke just came up with an offer of £1500———- that’s the third offer of £1500 in three hours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Just be interested in a 2.5 280 h.p. shortblock price. Caldwell's "retail" price for this. As everyone knows, that sells anything in the marine business, everything revolves & "starts" at retail. No other volume, racers net, wholesale, oem, dealer cost, or any other prices are needed. Just present everyone with a "retail' price for the aftermentioned. Period.
    Sounds like you’re just as nonplussed as me Fuji with the Caldwell story!
    I did once see a white tunnel with a Caldwell labelled Outboard, cruising round a very small pond that didn’t exactly set my pulses racing.
    Are we just going to get one——- two—— or three different capacity blocks ranging in horsepower according to Doyle?
    Never did get an answer to whether you had to buy a Merc, then ditch the powerhead and swop it for a Caldwell.
    Tthere are a number of very bright lads who contribute to Caldwell’s thread, questions have been asked about electronics that are way beyond my comprehension———— don’t it appear a tad odd to you that nobody ever answered these questions.
    It could be coil or magneto ignition, laser guided with infraction diodes and oscillating testicular tendency’s ——— blind em with science, big words like helicopter and mayonnaise.

Even you Fugi haven’t come up with any satisfactory answers about what’s going on at Caldwell!

There's a promise that all will be revealed at the Miami show, I believe that’s in February . After that, there’s no hiding place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C’mon Fuji——-stick your neck out —— start delving like you usually do ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob V stepped up to the plate and gave me the full explanation in a PM——— pretty much as I suspected. Don’t look like there’s any such thing as a complete Caldwell motor you can buy off the peg and go racing with.
    Pity really—— Caldwell had lit my candle for a while there, thought there was a touch of hope to have another race motor manufacturer, the likes of Koenig ——- but I think it’s all smoke and delusions, hopes and dreams with a promise of something that’s Not going to materialise.
    Many thanks Bob V I owe you another, but it still made me a bit sad!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caldwell thread keeps ticking over with advanced technical thoughts on electronics and fuel systems—- I don’t understand any of it, but find it fascinating to imagine it could even be comprehended in a present day race motor.
    Just wish there was a modicum of honesty and openness about the project instead of the vague insinuations of what mightabin.
    Reading between the lines on the very few “FACTS” available ———— would appear a bare block is around $10k ——crank, rods, pistons bearings and flywheel another $10k——- electrics, fuel systems, injection and add ons $6/7k . Then there’s the small problem of tray, cowls, Centre section, steering and gearcase.
    I once asked before if you had to buy a twenty five year old T3 and swop powerheads——- which due to all the wagglement and cobbling that would be necessary seems a very odd way of carrying on.
    I do hope Caldwell shoot me down in flames and publish a piccy of a couple of complete state of the art hi—- perf race motors——- or at least two or three ready to race powerheads, do that, and I’ll sleep tonight a happy man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday again——- promise to be a good boy this week.
    Afraid I pulled the Caldwell chain a little hard last week——-
    Mark told me the Seebold is being shipped to Paris today in time for the Paris Composite Show.
    He also confirmed there is no issue with the headroom on the capsule——— Craig is six foot and then some and has six inch headroom when sitting in it.
    So, some progress has been made on the capsule front, should be a few piccies forthcoming later today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the lid, could that protect the driver with a pickle fork for skeg bouncing off it?
    Todays boats the lid cant even survive the force of the water hitting it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    How about the lid, could that protect the driver with a pickle fork for skeg bouncing off it?
    Todays boats the lid cant even survive the force of the water hitting it
    That was yesterday’s boats

This one’s a bit different Pilgrim——— after the key west accident last year when the rudder acted as a tin opener, Mark and Craig got serious and decided something had to be done. They’ve already made big inroads into tackling the problem———- darent say solving just yet, but they have opened up some kind of dialogue with the powers that be. There’s no longer the “IMPASSE” that existed previously.
    If you’re really serious Pilgrim——— feel free to call in at the facility and discuss cells, pods, capsules, call them what you will———- WCC feel there’s been big strides forward already this year, with a promise of more to come.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of you will know by now my feelings about insurance companies————- every day I grow older simply compounds that belief.
    After seventy accident free years of full comprehensive motor cover with the no claims bonus guarantee added, you could surely believe that when a little old lady runs into you causing minor damage your not going to get pilloried———— WRONG——— premium increases by 500%- ——- reason for this is that, quote#. YOURE TOO OLD”——— and you’ve had an accident!,,!!!
    Now just a Goddam minute here——- I’m just one year older than I was last year————- been that way for seventy years!
    Somebody clouted me——- I didn’t put a foot wrong——- I’m in the middle of a roundabout, minding my own business when a little old lady loses control and chooses me out of twenty cars to pick a bone with.
    You do not have the right of reply——- just shut up and pay the extra premium——- I am no longer a person——- I am anumber—— a statistic. You have just ceased to be a valued customer—— your a pillock—— a money cow—— and I don’t even have to be nice to you because you were INVOLVED in an accident.
    No such thing as rhyme or reason with any insurance company———- insurance companies are God—— Judge and Jury——- no appel.
    As I said before, LYING, THIEVING, CONNIVING, MANIPULATING SOBS who will surely one day get their commupance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie.. A few suggestions that have may or may not have considered.....Do you change companies every year? its a bit of a chore but you do ( mostly ) get a new customer discount..

The present Mrs Wilson is at least half your age...Why not put her down as the chief pilot as you as the No.2 ?

Play the Mobility scheme game.. choice of chariot is massive.. all inclusive running cost's, plenty of room in the back to put yer " benni " stick.......
    Oh and don't forget the parking advantages......" just over there by the entrance sir"

You've paid in enough over the years..... get something back while your still able....

I see you've got a bid on the Lexus.....is it the one with air suspension? ( the car not the bid ) Phill.

Page 482 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 382 432 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 532 582 982 ... LastLast