Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Bob V;3015764]Attachment 397774
    9 days and counting.....

This message was sent from the confines of the naughty step.
    [/QUOTE

]you should have been a good boy, gone to church this morning, eaten all your shredded wheat without complaint, six Hail Marys and four back flips down the isle and for goodness sake———— hide the Todger before noon——— have ya no shame? Bobby V.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My granddaughter Lou and her husband Gary Stray called in to see us tonight for an hour or so.
    We talked of big boats and big engines with big people as jockeys, Looks like Stevie Curtis got the sticks and James has the wheel in Miss G.
    A lot of exciting stuff going on down in Jupiter———- oh yes, they told me “Little Sh-t” had been in the shop telling them how much he loved me but how I was the rudest SOB that ever raced a boat———— get ye on the naughty step SHUFFLEBUM for spreading misinformation and idle gossip——- then wash your mouth out midget.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Duckworth was full of no confidence with the gearcase. We took two of them to Parker, both had pressure gauges with dials in the cockpit, he fighured that would give us a fighting chance to get back to the pits if we experienced a problem. Fact is, due to the fact that the combined might of Cosworth, Mercury and GERRY GILBREATH could not release the gearcase———— we had no choice but to run it for the whole seven hours.
    When the gearcase was opened up back home in England, Malcolm TYRRELL declared the item to be as near perfect as it could be, with zero sign of wear.
    That MCM 1 ssm lower had the 3 vertical shafts I thought?
    That would handle the engine but the top gears...yikes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    That MCM 1 ssm lower had the 3 vertical shafts I thought?
    That would handle the engine but the top gears...yikes?
    Apparently the problem was with the shaft to the top gears, not the gears themselves———- the minute the quill shaft was fitted, there was no longer a problem as All the shock load was dissipated .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son Mark, and grandson Craig, have recently opened up WCC, WILSON CUSTOM COMPOSITIONS.
    For years there has not been a composite safety cell that met UIM standards (its also a very expensive business) so one of the first tasks is to construct a cell for the all new composite F1 Seebold.
    They've also put a safety cell in a Carbon P1 —— and a 32’ Skater.
    All the cells are high spec, documented, ( whilst working with the UIM) so as to-get everything right the first time.
    I heard tell Reggie and Benny are getting grief in large portions from APBA over the question of the safety cell. They had to put back the launch day
    New F1 carbon Seebold leaves the factory this week, it’s on its way to the Paris Composite Exhibition.
    Second one is ready February. Was not told who it’s for. Just that there’s a whole lot of knicker wetting going on.
    There will PROBABLY be some piccys later On in The week, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes the offshore boats keep killing people coz the safety is a joke, once the boat goes upside down they fall to bits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes the offshore boats keep killing people coz the safety is a joke, once the boat goes upside down they fall to bits
    Not any more Pilgrim————it’s happening, very slowly, but it’s coming!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the problem was with the shaft to the top gears, not the gears themselves———- the minute the quill shaft was fitted, there was no longer a problem as All the shock load was dissipated .
    thats a bit weird as that shaft will hold back a big block chev, its quite big.
    Must have been some torsional harmonic issue?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hard to crash test a big boat, are they going to do structural analysis on the forces to calculate the loads so they can then build the correct safety?
    Deck needs to be as strong as the hull, I just worked out on a napkin over a few beers based lol.
    I have noticed the F1 safety cell is stronger than the hull by several factors of magnitude, almost as good as a transom.
    How did they get there, structural calculations and crash tests.
    Last edited by powerabout; 01-22-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think they work with those little computer gizmos in the shop these days Pilgrim, not a bit of good asking me for chapter and verse on anything more complex than a sack of flour——— I was never more than a bakers boy with ambition and a spattering of common sense.
    I can tell you these are not ordinary folk working with a brush and roller using glass fibre the way you and me used to. with a bucketful of resin and a hand full of chopped strand. Names are longer and more scientifical———- Star Wars, thunderbirds and F1 car construction is the realm of the boat designer and constructor these days————- been a while since they had an idea and sketched it on a ciggy packet or the back of a napkin.
    Have another grandson who commutes to Florida with his laptop and a series of programmes to try and keep bodies in water safe from harm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit the tech in one off high tech racing yachts is pretty cool, I just wish some of if spilled over to powerboating.
    Yacht racers can pay a million or so to build one ( depending how big), if it doesnt work they throw it away, even if it does a faster one gets made next year.
    The carbon ones have all been pre preg for many for years and cooked in an oven , you might know something about that part.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW 22nd.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	397814

8 days and counting.....

This message was sent from the confines of the naughty step.

13. Likes ron54 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit the tech in one off high tech racing yachts is pretty cool, I just wish some of if spilled over to powerboating.
    Yacht racers can pay a million or so to build one ( depending how big), if it doesnt work they throw it away, even if it does a faster one gets made next year.
    The carbon ones have all been pre preg for many for years and cooked in an oven , you might know something about that part.
    Think it’s safe to say some of the carbon pre prep system has found its way into high speed boating. Yachting can never reach the impact speed of the circuit and superboats but I think the F1 car industry is closer to fast boat design and technology. Hodges was working on F1 race car safety pods years before he designed the Boat capsule.
    non flex forms lead to truer lines——— less drag, greater speed, and all the other benefits that come with modern composites———- I would not know where to begin or even to get into superlatives on modern technology .
    I just understand my kids are travelling down that particular road in search of something——— I don’t know what———- but their looking..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone PM that last picture to me without any of us getting into trouble? Preferably without the bit of script underneath..

Obliged if you could.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it’s safe to say some of the carbon pre prep system has found its way into high speed boating. Yachting can never reach the impact speed of the circuit and superboats but I think the F1 car industry is closer to fast boat design and technology. Hodges was working on F1 race car safety pods years before he designed the Boat capsule.
    non flex forms lead to truer lines——— less drag, greater speed, and all the other benefits that come with modern composites———- I would not know where to begin or even to get into superlatives on modern technology .
    I just understand my kids are travelling down that particular road in search of something——— I don’t know what———- but their looking..
    Have them talk to Ted Jones, right there in Stuart. He started making the cells in the late 80's. Knows what works, what does not.

Page 472 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 372 422 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 522 572 972 ... LastLast